Any good network cards?

Any good network cards or should i just go usb?

I just cant get ethernet here so its not an option (fk dorm life)

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00JNA337K
newegg.com/fenvi-fv-ax200-pci-express/p/0XM-00JK-00060
amazon.com/dp/B07MGXDC7F
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just go with an Alfa AWUS1900

USB are better than cheap pci cards. Personally recommend the Asus PCE-AC68.

amazon.com/dp/B00JNA337K

Depends on the speeds you want, and if you want high end features like 802.11ax, or 160mhz DFS support.

newegg.com/fenvi-fv-ax200-pci-express/p/0XM-00JK-00060

My friend bought this and gets ~600-700mbps with 5ms ping, though the router is only about 10-15 feet away, and he is using 160Mhz DFS channel.

>recommending a 80 dollar ac card when ax exists.

PCI-express cards are generally better as they can draw more than the ~2-5 watts USB can provide. I'd advise looking for ones with at least 4x4 MU-MIMO im the 2.4GHz (lowest latency and highest stability) range for them to really be worth it.

If your motherboard supports it (only new intel motherboards)
amazon.com/dp/B07MGXDC7F

Probably the cheapest fast option.

4x4 cards are exceedingly rare and fairly expensive, since you have to have 4 antennas.

I'm sorry for recommending a card that has been reliable for me for years. Do you know that his hall even supports ax? Because it probably supports ac.

True but if you really want one I'd honestly go overkill and get that. It would really help out when affordable 10Gbps internet rolls out in a few years.

Or just brave the storm with a shitty 300Mbps usb adapter until 10Gbps usb wifi adapter cost $20 in a few years. Though even the usb one from the future will have high latency like the ones from today unless you're 2 feet away from the router.

Attached: Screenshot_20190916-194831(1).jpg (720x1013, 163K)

Here you go.

You can get a cheapo used wifi card for now and upgrade ax later.

Attached: 763a.jpg (700x567, 30K)

>no heatsink
hmmmm not sure about this, sounds extra chinky

What is ax even?

My mobo is b450 tomohawk max if that matters?

If 802.11N is WIfi 4
802.11AC is Wifi 5
802.11AX is Wifi 6

just the newest generation of wifi.

Faster speeds, more advanced features, etc.

m.2 cards the only ones you want these days. Intel makes a variety of them, including Wifi 6 cards, and they're hands down the best wifi cards you can get

M.2 not pcie?

Will the router support this (can I check it, cuz its a fairly old router/repeater)

M.2 technically is PCIe, just a different connector type.

>Will the router support this
No, but if you plan on upgrading your router in the next year or two, it will most likely be Wifi 6

Ok thx i will keep this in mind

Ok i wasn't really sure thx

>going to a university without ethernet
what kind of clown school are you going to