Tablets

What kind of tablets do you use, what do you use them for, and what accessories do you have for them?

Attached: e3728e0b-ce37-4b7d-ae79-58755d319c82_10.02c9403e49c018895f83a2618fdff707.jpg (450x450, 17K)

You're joking, right?

You're gay, right?

I do like dicks from time to time.

lol fag

The only Jow Forums approved tablet.

Attached: 1552199268566.jpg (697x932, 83K)

What's the point of these?
No joke, I don't get it.
All I see is a kids toy at best.

I use mine for typing papers when I'm not at my desktop. I also watch anime in bed, play rhythm games, and read manga on mine

Reading, obviously something you do very little

new cheapest ipad soon enough, for manga, anime, lightweight laptop replacement so I don't have to lug around my expensive macbook

I just bought an older hp pro 608. One of the only small windows tablets with 4gb ram. Still feels somewhat sluggish but no way in hell I am paying $1300 for a one mix 3s

I just don't see the point when laptops and smartphones are a thing
I read at home either at my pc or an actual book, definitely more than you homo

I got a Galaxy Tab 3 Lite free from work, I use it for playing spider solitaire at work

The iPad is the only good tablet. All the other ones are either stretched-out phones or keyboard-less laptops.

I still have a Nvidia Shield tablet that I use to watch .mkv anime and light web browsing while on my couch/bed since I don’t have a laptop.

>Reading
That's what ereaders are for.

I haven't had a tablet since the iPad mini 2...

From my experience, they're extremely awkward to hold for extended periods, and I'd rather start with a 2-in-1. Sure you could just get an external keyboard, but you're massively limiting scope of options.

>iPad Pro
>mostly reviewing text and drawing so far
>only the pen for now

Phones are useless for anything that takes long than a few minutes due the small screens. Laptops aren't as portable and you can't seriously use them for drawing. If anything, laptops start making less and less sense now that tablets provide enough performance and only have input method or OS limitations.

Lenovo MIIX 520
It replaces my PC atm (My graphics card is in RMA process)

I prefer 8-inch size tablets
I primarily need the screen size for reading textbooks but I don't want it to be too cumbersome.
I'd get Galaxy Tab A 8.0 with S-Pen but the only thing holding me back is the 3 GB ram and 32 GB storage in 2019. Otherwise, it would be the perfect tablet for me.

Buying a tablet was cheaper was cheaper for me than a laptop. And again, I like being able to watch stuff on it, and its lighter than a laptop

laying on bed and watching anime on your tablet is pretty comfy

Nexus 7 FHD 2013 with lineageOS

next

iPad Pro 11
Pencil and Keyboard Case

Love it. Nothing that anyone needs but it’s super useful if you have it

Look for a hp pro 608 refurbished with 4gb ram. Not to many options for comfy sized tablets. Almost bought an iPad mini but would probably get pissed off at the walled garden and toss it against the wall.

My Dell Venue 8 Pro is still kicking. Large enough screen so I can look at websites without mobile view nonsense and see my fap material clearly.

Ipad 2018 at home, using a Surface Pro 6 as my work tablet/laptop.

I use it for a lot of different things you would normally use your phone for at home.

i use 2017 ipad for everything, im bed ridden with bowel disease and spinal deformity so i cant sit at my desk to use pc anymore, though i hope to get back to normal stuff sometime soon as i get my pain medicine situation improved with my doctor, but anyways ive been mostly stuck in bed for a long time now and the ipad really improved my ability to keep active with chat friends etc, i dont play games on it or use many apps, i actually got it for music production but ive not done much of that yet, it amazes me that i can literally have max 500 safari tabs open and its still pretty respnosive - obviously most of those unloaded from memory except 5 or so but its nice not to worry about that really - note that bookmarks are broken af which is why i tend to just leave a page open for weeks until i decide im done with it

The iPad's UI is literally stretched out iOS

Attached: 3ff1ad417706f38037fd182c1dc37965.jpg (480x365, 22K)

I had exactly the same setup until last week. Just got an iPad Mini because I had a specific need for the form factor, though, and I'm gonna give the '18 to my dad, who's still struggling along with an iPad old enough to have the dock connector.

Kindle Fire HD 8
bought it on sale for $60 years ago, no accessories not even a case
use it as a video machine, books and maybe two games
I wasn't a fan of tablets, but being able to watch videos on the toilet or lounging around wherever is great
probably the best cost/benefit purchase I've ever made

I have a surface go.
Does it count as a tablet?

LG Gpad3... Cause they gave it to me for free when i signed a 2yr contract with rogers... And what do i use it for? Nothing... I booted it up recently and it runs like shit, which makes no sense since its specs arent THAT bad, and theres no extra shit i put on it(just the default LG and rogers shit)

I bought a nifty tablet stand for it. Never actually used it in it though, since again... i have no fucking use for something thats less ergonomic than my phone... and about 4x slower(even though the specs are only half as good.)

Attached: 81-KyB9h5sL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 16K)

Lenovo Tab 7
Listening station.
Charger counts as an accessory, right?

Attached: IMG_20190917_134530-1209x1612.jpg (1209x1612, 254K)

Absolutely. I love my charger and couldn't use the tablet for longer than two days without one.

Read ebooks, write notes in class, read notes from class, doodle, play chess, read news, read messaging boards.
I have a Galaxy Tab A 9.7" with s-pen. Also bought a cheap Chinese case for it that is also a stand. I kinda feel I should have bought a bigger model but it does the job.

Can you actually use regular tablets as a 1:1 replacement for graphic tablets nowadays, or are they missing something?

I'm in the market for a newer 8" tablet. Why is everyone making 10" only these days?

lagPad is complete unusable shit

with iPads, yes
with Androids, not a chance
and I'm saying this as someone who prefers Android

with iShit, not a chance
Apploo is decades behind Wacom

Attached: 1559156020742.webm (640x360, 1.1M)

How is iFag a replacement for graphic tablets that connect to your computer and lets you use state of the art adobe software with state of the art processing power with state of the art RAM speeds and sizes? You think anyone serious cares about procreate? Kys tranny

Fucking hell, yeah, that's what I'd like to avoid. Should I just say fuck it and get a new Wacom instead then?

you can make art on them, start to finish
not a total replacement but you can get by on one as an artists

just because you replaced your crayons with your lagPad fruit toy doesn't make them useful for real artists itoddler

if thats a tab s2 thats what i use, shame, finding a replacement 4:3 tablet is impossible. even 3:2 would be acceptable (10 inch either way)

I kind of thought that by now they would be superior to graphic tablets, this sucks.

You could stop falling for memes and read actual reviews.

I'm so hard right now.

I use a Samsung tablet. I use the keyboard it came with. During the hot summer days I don’t want to use my desktop I’ll use a USB C adapter with HDMI out and mouse and keyboard. It’s been great. Tablet when I want. Low end Windows when I need it. I just remote into a VM for anything serious

Using IFR on my ipad cuz I can't afford to refit my 50yo aircraft.

I'm sorry, I swear I'm not gay. I use a thinkpad for everything else. The aviation community is stupid rich and I cant keep up.

Yeah you can make shitty comics on them assuming you don't need too many layers and don't need high resolutions. At which point you can get by with a Samsung tablet.

Looks good, can't wait for it to go for $200 in 3 years time.