Why is KDE so ugly? How do we fix this?

Why is KDE so ugly? How do we fix this?

Attached: theme.png (1920x1080, 731K)

Install gnome

Put Stallman in charge.

By using a different DE. Jesus fucking CHRIST.

the only problem I see with your screenshot is Kontact.

KDE looks nice.

Attached: 2019-09-16-22-27-25.png (1920x1080, 1.78M)

That looks like ass, discord tranny.

>Oversized window decorations
Big yikes, take your BBW fetish else where.

disgusting

>touchscreen interface
fuck off

>better monochrome icons
>locally integrated menus
>smaller titlebars and toolbars
>dark theme that doesn't look like ass
>proper theme customization
>just make shit consistent
>have actual designers design their apps

You could start from these.

Attached: 134213.jpg (799x597, 240K)

>How do we fix this?
By actually hiring an UI/UX designer. Jesus christ.

Attached: Screenshot_20190917_003152.jpg (1920x1080, 82K)

Lxqt is so sexy looking, too bad it’s so basic

cool edgy background bruh

it's an album cover

nope

cool edgy album cover bruh

>How do we fix this?
Have you tried the hundreds of themes, color schemes, icon packs on KDE-look?

Given you can customize the fuck out of Plasma, YOU were the one that made it ugly. Fix it yourself.

Just use Kvantum bro, it makes everything look good.

based swans poster

Filthy

The defaults shouldn't be shit.

fix not exacerbate

Kmail is trash. Plasma is fine.

I'd argue Dolphin also looks bad. Oh, and how borders/separator colors can't be changed separately.

They actually have been focusing on UI and UX lately. Early kda5 was a fucking dumpster fire like op pic shows. Now it's starting to feel like a functional desktop.

By installing xfce

What do you mean KDE looks bad?

Attached: file.png (1599x900, 871K)

>dark theme
>default
Only on shitty distros.

It's Qt-Based. It's impossible to make good looking UI with Qt.

KDE is so fucking customizable you can make it look like any other DE/OS if you want.
By default it looks better than gnome and win10 at the very least
Retard

Install Cinnamon

kino theme

also proper widget themes without kvantum which is shit and no it just makes few apps look good, other defaults to either breeze widget or broken, qt5's custom styling widget was a mistake

I want to like KDE, but it's distractingly ugly and incoherent.

Gnome on the other hand seem bizarrely determined to make their UI touch-friendly.

macOS for all it's faults is at least consistent and not some half-baked touchscreen UI.

Matter of taste.
OP's pic shows the Manjaro default, not KDEs own default btw.

The beauty of KDE is not it's default look, it is what you do with it. If you are retarded to the point you don't know how to change the look then just leave and never come back to Jow Forums

> The beauty of KDE
Being forced to spend my free time dicking around until it reaches a state of not looking like ass is not my idea of a good time. I'll keep using linux vm's and on my servers but use a desktop OS with saner defaults for now.

If you have enough free time to fiddle with linux desktop environments or for some reason think it's well spent time then good for you.

Confirmed retard, it took me 10 minutes to make KDE look like macOS

The appearance settings are the easiest to use:
>I don't like this theme
>Click add theme
>Browse catalog
>See one I like, install
>Select new theme, apply
You don't have to do it manually you mongolid

looks nice t b h

I don't understand how that is an improvement.
The few times I was confronted with Macs it was always confusing. Therefore I also don't understand how it is supposed to be more "intuitive" than any linux DE or Windows. It's not.

I understand that you are blind to this since you're using these arguments, but what you're describing is literally putting lipstick on a pig.

There is more to a UI than copying the colors, dock and buttons from macOS.

>filth
based

Because the only thing that a Mac is good at is looks, not functionality, hence why I only copied it's looks and not the rest but I should have said I copied the layout, not everything to the point it looks exactly like a modern Mac. BTW, I grew up with MacOS 8 and 9 afther that I switched to windows xp, then to Linux

use XFCE instead

To each their own. I've stated my opinion and think that gnome is coherent but a weird touch screen experiment and that kde is just plain ugly and incoherent.

Windows 10 is also incoherent as shit but on a desktop it still mostly feel like a desktop OS with a desktop UI, compared to gnome.

Just out of curiosity, is there anything in particular that is a deal breaker for you with macOS (X and forward)? For me, the centralized preferences screen, best in class trackpad drivers, a coherent UI, unix + a terminal and good enough default programs are what keeps me.

Upgrade to MacOS, of course.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-09-17 at 16.13.38 copy.jpg (2560x1600, 561K)

It took me zero minutes to keep macOS to looking like macOS, because it had good defaults. Feel free to waste your time.

Your opinion is valid and now I respect it. And I didn't really broke my deal with MacOS it self, I changed os when my Mac broke (I got it from my dad), it just became too expensive from the power PC series and onwards (the cheapest Apple
product is 90k+ being an Apple wach now days).
If running on VM or hackintosh your opinion on wasting time is invalid. Otherwise go back to your shiting street

>If running on VM or hackintosh your opinion on wasting time is invalid. Otherwise go back to your shiting street
What? That doesn't change the validity of my point at all. I was comfortable with macOS from the get-go. I couldn't, and still can't, say the same about KDE.

>too expensive
This is true. My mac laptop is a macbook pro from 2015. The final model before they hiked the prices, added a touch bar and went full retard with the ports and keyboard.

I'm hoping I can outlast their crazyness (they thankfully dethroned their main design guy, Jonny Ive) and switch it for a another macbook in a few years, but I'm pragmatic and might end up with a dell xps or something running either windows 10 or some linux dist in the future instead.

So, keep going kde and gnome devs.

I like KDE, but always lean towards Xfce.

why doesn't kde remember my refresh rate when I login

Attached: 1528848794128.jpg (1728x1057, 258K)