Good MS Paint alternative for Linux? KolourPaint looks good but it looks a bit bloated...

Good MS Paint alternative for Linux? KolourPaint looks good but it looks a bit bloated, are there any better options or should I just use it?

Attached: untitled.jpg (220x217, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.launchpad.net/pinta/ bug/1464855
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GrafX2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i use pinta

Pinta looks too advanced though, I just want a simple and lightweight picture editor that I can quickly open and do things like crop and edit screenshots

this is exactly what i use pinta for

I tried pinta but it seems to be really slow to paste stuff in (like 30 seconds to paste a screenshot). Are there any other good alternatives?

bugs.launchpad.net/pinta/ bug/1464855

Just install Wine and use paint.exe

How is KolourPaint bloated? It looks exactly like paint but it's not as buggy and it has maybe 10 more features, including transparency support.

GNOME Drawing

gthumb if you only need crop

Why the hell does it have like 97 dependency packages?

Because it's a KDE program. KDE programs are meant to be used exclusively with one another, this actually reduces dependencies.

I just use MS Paint in WINE.

My favourite feature in paint is resizing the canvas by dragging, too bad other software makes you type your desired size in pixels

This

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GrafX2

No, kolourpaint is great. Maybe you just need a new computer?

Same here. It’s amazing how in these free alternatives, it’s hard to just select a portion of an image and crop it.

I don't use any other KDE programs though, and I really don't fancy installing a ton of packages just for ms paint linux edition. I guess I'll just do what others are saying and use MS Paint with WINE.

Yep it's bloated

Just edit your images from the command line with imagemagick

That is just horrible software. I'd rather run Deluxe Paint in dosbox than use that.