>better kernel
linux is pretty fucked at this point since the creatures invaded

Attached: BSD.png (2000x933, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html
gentoo.org/inside-gentoo/developers/
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Alicef
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I very much prefer to use systemd, as its better than anything available.

Same with Linux.

no thanks i've been using ubuntu for 6 years and am quite happy with it. unlike *bsd its actually usable

lol, bsd is worse. gpl at least makes an effort to keep these insurgents out

Yeah, I don't love Linux but I really like GNU, systemd, and the freedesktop.

Yeah. Let's move to something that also has
>no drivers
>no hardware support for computers built after 2006
>A kernel that purposely gimps your CPU speed because "enabling all your cores leaves you vulnerable to the NSA"

Linux is the world's most used kernel at this point.

That's only OpenBSD.
And they only disable SMT (basically irrelevant for server tasks), not multi-core.

though freebsd is pozzed it has none of these issues. it's pretty good if you don't let your autism get in the way

HURD or Death.
Microkernel is the future.

Linux is a kernel and it was fucked before.

So what?
FreeBSD?
freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html

>"enabling all your cores leaves you vulnerable to the NSA"

They aren't wrong. Better to be slightly slower, secure, and correct than to gain some additional speed for the additional risk.

After all, you can always buy more hardware.

What does a kernel like Linux have to do with BSD, an operating system?

Technology or just nology

HURD IS death. It's dead I mean. The real microkernel OS to look at is Genode.

*hugs*

you guys think the schizo anti-BSD posters will try to blame BSD for recent events?

Use Net/Open BSD then.
Theo keeps these people put simply by using anti-web fonts.

>after all you can always buy more shit designed around multiple cores and priced accordingly whilst'd've continuing to take advantage of only one
Moo moo Mr cash cow

>no where near as pozzed
freebsd out

Attached: BennoRice.jpg (1437x1377, 160K)

net/openbsd for WERK or gtfo

>Spend $300+ on high-end CPU because it's high-end
>Deliberately gimps it to work like a low-end CPU from 1999
Retard detected. I suppose the next thing you're going to worry about is compatibility with your MS-DOS TSRs.

don't know why people still post this. nowhere near as bad as the debian devs removing a package because it had boob in the name or when linus had to apologize to the trannies for being honest and telling people that they're fucking up

except it's worse?

>hardware support rising
That's literally all that matters. Everything else is patchable.

nothing has happened in the BSD community after this

>no drivers
>unstable as fuck for desktop
>shit license that allows dirty non-free software to use code
>full of fanatical fucks that make even BTW I USE ARCH cultists look normal by comparison
Pass

>nothing remarkable has happened in a community which is 100x smaller
if you want the users then be prepared to deal with the problems

exactly

Yeah I don't Linux either

Yes; instead of supporting single-core hardware from 2005 or earlier, it now supports multicore hardware from past 2006 and cripples it like it's single=core hardware from 2005.

you are samefagging hard

Post samefag posts, retardfag

install gentoo
>no systemd
>not pozzed
>more choice than you know what to do with
>good hardware support
>best kernel because you make it specifically for your system
what the fuck happened to you Jow Forums

Come home GNU/Linux man.

Attached: 1560664819243.png (765x768, 408K)

>Windows
Shit
>GNU
Pedoshit
>BSD
Nodrivers
>Apple
Cancer
>Phones/tablets
Spyware garbage
It's over, computers and technology are dead.

>White girl loves niggers
Yup... The 9" meme's a long, hard one.

Attached: Stallman vs. BSD.jpg (499x499, 87K)

Wait, if technolo/g/y is dead, can we change back to Jow Forumsuro?

Does watching anime and ricing your desktop require a modern botnet processor?

Using any modern desktop needs a megacomputer and the fucking 4k shit you kids watch these days requires a $4000 overclocked supercooled superoptimized PC.

dont buy intlel

Do you actually have graphics card drivers that can allow you to rice twm to make it look like something other than Windows 3.1?

AMD has also been proven to have several backdoors like Intel.

sad that every other source based distro is dead. portage is a pain in the ass and horrendously slow. lunar is a much better package manager but that's barely alive at this point. BSD offers ports and binaries so you won't have to compile shit like webkit and firefox while having the freedom to compile any other package

twm is shit compared to even win31. Only real fucking desktop environments are worth anything these days unless you're in love with working yourself to death to fucking manually set up every goddamn thing that a real desktop can do by default.

What are you even on about? The only trouble you’d have, is if you’re using Nvidia. If you’re using Nvidia, you’re a lost cause.

>You're a lost cause if you buy high-performance hardware
How's your IBM T30 holding up there, Jagpreet?

Strawman harder, tranny. If you’re buying new hardware, you’re a stupid fucking paygoy, or a mentally retarded gaymer. Neither of which deserves any respect.

>gpl at least makes an effort to keep these insurgents out
What clause

If your hardware is so old that it's useless, or if your old hardware is broken, you'd obviously have to spend money on new hardware. And since I work, I can obviously afford something that actually works without my having to quit my job, so that I could spend full-time hours tweaking a computer that doesn't work.

No hugs allowed though

There is a hefty learning curve to portage, but that's how you learn what your software does and what you need. Compiling everything optimally takes time and knowledge, but it all runs faster than binaries. Also you know what the fuck is in your software when it's all compiled instead of blobs. Even if YOU don't read the code, you have the benefit of others looking through it, and the people who do look through source code don't like sneaky shit.

If you want to learn how computers work, use gentoo. If you don't want to learn how computers work use iOS or Windows.

I know, I used gentoo for almost 6 years straight before I switched. the reason I left it was because I kept getting key errors everytime I synced. changing repositories seemed to solve it but after a few months it would happen again. I also got tired of waiting for packages to calculate especially knowing the fact it would be a hell of a lot faster it it was written in C and not python. gentoo is great but I like the dead alternatives a lot more

>>not pozzed
should we tell him?

Which part is pozzed? I compile everything so just point out a package.

the part where they have a tranny maintainer

I whacked plenty of gentoo systems and had to redo from scratch, but I never had that problem.

which one
gentoo.org/inside-gentoo/developers/

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Alicef

you sure? he/she looks like a woman
anime avatar is redflag tho

OpenBSD works great on my T420s, and also on my X23. But it doesn't work well on my T470, which is OK because I have steam on there for Linux gaymen.

>no packages
>no drivers
>no battery life

OpenBSD 6.6 is around the corner. Come home white man.

But I like systemd and GNU.

My Panasonic Toughbook gets better battery life with APM and OpenBSD than it does with Linux and tlp.

No, let's NOT move. Free software is dead forever. We're officially giving up on the entire idea of it. This world belongs to the SJWs now, forever and ever. Just give up and give them there victory, or there WILL be consequences...

As much as I would love to switch to openbsd is it really the correct choice to "go against" nu FSF and the creatures that have invaded GNU/Linux? GNU is still Stallman's life work, and I am proud to use it. Also some of the amazing "features" of using OpenBSD:
>no hyperthreading
>no virtualization
>next to no software support
>limited documentation and support around the internet
>worse battery life for laptops compared to GNU/Linux.
If there are solutions to the first three, I would seriously consider switching.

but wont Linux distro devs just fix any anti-privacy / pozzed shit that would get injected into GNU? isn't that kind of the point of Linux?

Which devs, the Soros trannies at Debian, or the glowniggers at IBM?

Based tripfriend

An OpenBSD contributor here. Works well on my T440p. The only problem is GPU support, more specifically nvidia cards. Intel and AMD ones have really high performant drivers though (eg. an amdgpu port)

The trick is to use Linux but not GNU

Upgrading OpenBSD is a pleasure.
>download boot kernel
>boot from it
>upgrader does the rest basically, asks a few questions, reboot, pkg_add -u and you're done
I've done it since 6.0 on my one laptop and it's been flawless every time.

The anons at Tails.
They're just like us :3

>Upgrading OpenBSD is a pleasure.
Does your computer suddenly grow arms to jack off your tiny dong?

hey it's cold, my dong usually isn't this small

and upgrading a linux system is always something between dicey and fatal

Works on my machine