Why does everyone on Jow Forums hate Rust so much? It's clearly the successor to C

Why does everyone on Jow Forums hate Rust so much? It's clearly the successor to C.

Attached: 0985092805.jpg (207x244, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rust-embedded.github.io/book/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>It's clearly the successor to C.
And you clearly don't know anything about C and why people use it.

haha rust shill

people only use it because of le epic open source rapist meme team. Once Linus finally gets cancelled C will be a grampa language like COBOL

no, they use it because it's the thinnest layer on top of a machine model appropriate for virtually every computer manufactured today and for a very long time to come.

Probably because everybody that makes threads about it writes OPs like the one you just posted.

It's a bunch of masturbating monkeys on all sides.

It's not everybody, just loud Jow Forums minority.

C is already a grampa language like COBOL. Rust is nowhere mature enough to replace it though, can you even compile barebone Rust without depending on a runtime?

are you well
do you have brain damage?

why do you ask?

Hating Rust is a fashion statement

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-17 18-48-17.png (3840x2160, 498K)

>being this new

Is Rust a replacement for C or C++? Can you people make up your minds already?

i dont get the meme ples explain

>lacks function overloading
>lacks OOP
>lacks template-meta-programming
>no batteries included
C's successor if you ask me.

I stopped doing anything code related with computers in 2016, I decided it was a waste of time. Now 3 years later I've come back to Jow Forums because I heard that Stallman got metoo'd out of existence and the same fucking rust vs c/c++ argument is still going on. Reminds me why I decided programming is for fags.

what do you do now?

It's a reference to scott pilgrim, also hiya newfriend.

Flip burgers.

wow that sounds fucking stupid. You should feel bad for memeing that way

newfriend? It's been a saying for a long time, it's like when you say newfag, but they're not really doing anything faggoty so you just call them newfriend instead of newfag, because newfag is for faggots, case closed.

>can you even compile barebone Rust without depending on a runtime?
Rust has no runtime, and you can compile it bare metal.
rust-embedded.github.io/book/

You don't need any of these to solve the same problems you solve in C++.
You can use traits instead of function overloading. It's not the same but both have their advantages and disadvantages. However traits fit much better to Rust and its type system.
You can do object oriented programming without inheritance. Traits are more robust anyway and doesn't introduce all kinds of limitations that come with them.
Procedural macros are more powerful and easier to debug than templates.

I culture and isolate bacteria mainly. The pressure of coding and the inane arguments that people got into about it all the time were not for me, I like what I do now more.

>he thinks most peopleknow that reaction image is from scott pilgrim

ORANGE CRAB BAD

Attached: 1544106141743.png (264x274, 35K)

Unironically Jow Forums is coming around about Rust, like half a year ago mentioning it was a death sentence to a thread which was about to be flooded with tranny jokes, now you even have people praising it and using it. Give it 3 years and it will be
>He doesn't code his anime video player in Rust L O L

Attached: 4453453454.gif (162x226, 777K)

This

This user has Jow Forums culture down to a fucking t.

>Why does everyone on Jow Forums hate Rust so much
Stallman was fired because of psychotrannies.
Rust is filled with psychotrannies.

Don't forget to dilate after that cope.

Im a rust fag and I'll always support stallman. The main never said a wrong word.

A community shouldn't control weather you use a language or not, I use Rust but I hate psychotrannies, so...

because it's shit.
The borrow checker is a solution looking for a problem. Simply coarse to find any bugs that a code review wouldn't find.
The syntax is absolute dogshit. Worse than C++, a language with famously bad syntax.
Monomorphic generics were a bad decision. That's what macros are for. Rust does have a good macro system, fortunately
The above issue also contributes to the absurd compile times. The compilation model is garbage, Rust's idea of a module is to just serialize the AST and dump it to the disk. Absolutely retarded.
It's still a nascent language and yet the amount of complexity is comparable to modern C++.

Really, the answer to C is just a better macro system and generics.

Rust is the esperanto of programming