This is Australia, the backwards tech country

Absolute shit service with drop outs all day, even on fiber.

Government is still rolling out ADSL to some customers that can't get at least fiber to a node or curb.

Absolute crap

Who the hell wants a 1000/50 plan?

zdnet.com/article/nbn-pricing-paper-proposes-new-10020-25025-and-100050mbps-tiers/

Attached: nbn-pricing-roadmap.png (1036x700, 86K)

Should have voted for Labor faggots
>yeah but Conroy wanted to censor the internet
And the Liberals actually did it anyway. At least you'd have FTTP instead of VDSL trash.

Attached: dick smith electronics.jpg (480x677, 110K)

Actually, if it's cheap, like 40$ or so, a lot of people would get 1000/50, because if you just watch Netflix, YouTube and play games, then you don't need upload.
This is a normalfag plan.

We had Labor for 6 years and they did nothing.
When will you faggots learn that this isn't a labor/liberal thing. It's a government problem, never expect them to manage projects competently.

>When will you faggots learn that this isn't a labor/liberal thing. It's a government problem
This, though handing shit over to private management isnt even better.
Telstra deserves a car bombing

Attached: 1559730418613.jpg (411x596, 55K)

But user free market will self regulate.

Telstra deserves to harden the fuck up and not be such a pushover.

>Kevin Rudd's NBN
Even if FTTP went 20% over budget and took a several years longer it would have been worth it in the long run, it's easy to upgrade FTTP to terabit speeds with the same cables once WDM becomes affordable. vDSL2 is end of the line.

>Turnbull's MTM NBN will be faster, cheaper and sooner
All three claims were proven lies and bullshit, they literally handed billions of dollars over to Telstra and Optus, buying infrastructure that was too fucked to even use and had to be written off

Shitty telephone and cable lines will have to be ripped up and replaced with fibre in the next 15-30 years. This was entirely the Liberals fuckup, and we'll need to spend another shitton of money to fix what should have been done right in the first place. Even more if they sell it off to Telstra again.

Attached: DOOMKEV.jpg (463x366, 77K)

>took a several years longer
The project still wouldn't be close to finished and you faggots would still be crying about your third world internet.
I had a local tech who worked for NBN explain to me it took several years for them to upgrade one suburb to FTTP - one suburb! By comparison it took 1 year to upgrade all surrounding suburbs to FTTN.
And yes, FTTN is complete dogshit, but it was born out of mismanagement. The project was mishandled from day one and is still mishandled.
tl:dr You were never going to get your first world speeds. Country is too big and spread out.

I'm not even a Labor fan, but the NBN was like the one thing they really got right.
Fucking Malcolm Turnbull and his Fibre to the Chode. What were they thinking.

Nobody expects fibre in the middle of the Nullarbor, we're one of the most urban countries in the world, there's shit all people outside the east coast cities, Adelaide and Perth. Entirely comparable to burgerland.

>need more workforce to do something that has to be done anyway.
Good for the economy, it's not like it takes much more then a TAFE course and apprenticeship to get started in telecom.

It's a shame FTTC wasn't finalized earlier because it's a good compromise.

>gobbermint network
>free market

i'm getting no less than 84mbps peak, 96 off peak

while i'd love gigabit, can't really complain even downloading games with this speed and can stream multiple 4k streams

Just remember nbn chodes report that FTTP costs have not decreased and is still over $4000 per prem, while completely ignoring that New Zealand, doing the exact same thing, has been decreasing rollout costs as their project matured and procedures corrected.

It's almost like New Zealand is a small country or something.

I've had 300+ ping playing vidya the last two nights on a FTTP connection, shit is fucked

>smaller population so worse economies of scale
>mountains, forests and rivers everywhere compared to the flattest country
Ausfags are just incompetent and corrupt.

>connect to US servers
>"why does the speed of light apply to me!?"
t. brainlet

Alright settle down Jacinda

>Ausfags are just incompetent and corrupt.
and not involved in that stuff beyond bleating about it in the media

every nbn fuckup reeks of curry

ADSL fag here. Ditched the cable back in 2011 in favour of a fixed wireless service of 15mbps. Finally 8 years later I can ditch that for NBN "coming" November 1st. Who's a good provider for what price?

AussieBroadband is pretty based, but more expensive then say MyRepublic.

TPG, Vodafone, Optus and Telstra censored Jow Forums and many other sites without even a court order so fuck them

aussie broadband are top cunts, worth paying a little extra over the cheapshit options for their service and reliability

also based in a country victoria so you're supporting australian jobs instead of foreigners and onions

typical pings from melbourne to california on my fttp are like 180-200

Theoretically it's 40ms. ideally 40-100.