Was he right?

Was he right?

Attached: 1548484735758.png (600x797, 438K)

Yes

>dude just abandon all your technology while the chinese steamroll you xd
he was a psyop

He didn't abandon bombs.

His critiques were correct, his solutions weren't.

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

>His critiques were correct
No

>his solutions weren't.
Wrong

nigger

People who can't cope with technology are just weak
This guy for example was a bitter incel

Crude. You will be among the first against the wall when the revolution comes.

But you can’t even tedpill one mum on mumsnet?

Steamroll us in what? Shitty consumer electronics?

Oh nooo!

nigger

Yes

It'll actually be your back against the wall when the cull happens.

He wouldn't exist without technology. White people survived and evolved in harsh weathers because of technology. There are almost a billion white people on earth that depend on shipping, electricity, roads, medicine, building engineering, and communications.

Attached: sp.png (405x664, 143K)

read ellul

Pretty much this
We are no longer master of technology, it is technology that control us, we can no longer stop it because there is a technological military competition. Too late for a change. Machines have already won.

Civilization has existed for thousands of years without the need of electronics, modern medicine, engineering etc. The things you mearly mentioned are 'nice to have' and 'quality of life' only. We'll experience the joys of this society again once the great sun in the sky releases a solar flare that blasts all our electronics into the bin.
It'll be chaotic at first, but then life will still continue.

Why are you using electronic devices instead of experiencingthe joys of society with like-minded people like the Amish?

You're a real piece of work in terms of stupid.
I specially craft each packet, and sequence them over my own IPoAC system which involves seeds, not technology. The recipient can do what they want in how they deliver it to you.

This.

This is the neoliberal hell you chose.

this, throw away your computers and go live with the Amish

Especially you mr. Hypocrite

Did you fucking read my answer you retard? It can't be undone, if a population X abolish technology another one will dominate them. Stop sucking a bomber's balls.

Meant to reply to

Attached: 1426336335520.jpg (500x750, 98K)

Braindead mutt

What a stylish man

>It can't be undone
once again, go live with the amish
but you won't because you're all talk

dumb post

hate to agree but this desu
doesn't make him any less based though

>His critiques were correct
No they weren't, it was in large part Machiavellian posturing, but instead of rulers of Italian city-states he has a purely imaginary figure of "nature" and a totally falsified image of the "free man" that are opposed to modern technology, i.e. just an exaggerated "wild man" hippie type of American counter-culture, which has always fundamentally misunderstood the nature of human technology and has created a clandestinely wasp-influenced, false and unachievable image of a "natural man" as a dream of a shopkeeper's son.

Reminder that no matter what you think about Dr. Kaczynski's writings or technology, it literally doesn't matter because none of it is going to exist by the end of the century.

Attached: world3 simulation graph.jpg (704x654, 83K)

Imagine if everyone in the Ocident would go amish, what would potencies such as China and Russia do?

no one cares american retard

also what fucking definition of potency are you using

Answer: you would be exploited and forced to use technology. I am not american.

Imbecile that never read Ted

It's so obvious so how about you stfu nigger

why would you care? if you're amish your world is being amish. You don't interact with others

imagine russians or chinese forcing rednecks to use technology against their will when there's far more people in both countries living with next to no technology than in the west
"use the computer or i kill you!"
lmao

Because they eventually would impose propaganda and we would go back to using technology. I am not saying that the Industrial Revolution wasn't shit tho. I am saying we should never let go of the military development, and at this moment we rely on the industrial system to finance and develop our defenses.

More like: work in my factory for 9 hours with low remuneration.

>eventually would impose propaganda and we would go back to using technology
no? They let the Amish live however they want. I'm not saying everyone should do it, I'm saying if you think technology was a mistake then YOU personally should do it, because then you'll finally be free of all that miserable technology that's made your life so awful, and be among like-minded free spirits who also shun technology. Think of it, a paradise

good thing the americans protect us from poor working conditions am i right?

shut the fuck up you passive aggressive redditor

Defeated by facts and logic huh?

Amish are allowed because they are a small number, this would never generalize. The government wants to give the ilusion of freedoom.

That just means we should move away from liberalism.

>Amish are allowed because they are a small number, this would never generalize.
Why do you care about the rest of the world when you personally can become amish and be free of all the ills of technology? You don't give a shit about the lifestyle of some chinese peasant on the other side of the world, if you become a luddite too then the rest of america will be just as foreign as china to you

butthurt post

You have a point there, I agree. I just think it shouldn't generalize and it won't, all ideologies that gained big proportions were financed.

It will exist, whether the billions of us not born in the right place do is another question.

Yeah well ideologies and generalizations and even nations don't matter when you're stuck on the end of a plow all day in your village, so get plowing

Yes. About everything. Even the language choice in ISaiF is very deliberate, designed to appeal to both sides of the political sports-team dichotomy. It is intentionally incindiary toward leftists to win support among the conservatives who would be likely to dismiss the anti-establishment themes out-of-hand otherwise. However, any serious left-leaning social critic is forced to admit that TK is right about about basically every part of the substance of his argument. You can tell who your real enemies are, regardless of their surface political leanings, based on what their response is to the question in the OP.

Kaczynski was not and is not a luddite. He does not advocate for the destruction of technology as it exists, he advocates for the destruction of the socioeconomic system that subverts and subjugates human society in the name of technological progress. Read his words.

what happened to "the industrial revolution was a mistake"

Who here has actually read the entire manifesto? I made it a dozen pages in, I need to get back to it, I can’t really read things on a laptop screen, haven’t tried using an old iPad someone gave me, should I look into a kindle or just print it out?

What?

Explain your graph.

The quote is: "The industrial revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race", meaning that the way we got this technology and the way that is advanced and preserved is fundamentally a bad thing for humanity, NOT that the technology itself is bad. Medicine you take to keep you alive is not bad. The socioeconomic system that destroys the environment and makes complacent slaves of all people and happens to produce the medicine you take AS A BYPRODUCT is bad.

He called leftists NPCs who'll bring about the dark ages of tech and so far he seems right.

"what will happen in the future based on cherry picked half truths, or my feelings"

what does this have anything to do with chinks?

>The socioeconomic system that destroys the environment and makes complacent slaves of all people
but people were complacent slaves before the industrial revolution. hasn't he heard of feudalism?

For the most part. If it wasn't for his knee-jerk reaction about muh leftism, he could have been a great thinker.

He can't even be said to have offered a solution.

I think he is saying that Ted's manifesto is based on a certain conception of freedom. But what does freedom even means? And what is freedom without a purpose? Don't ask "free from what", but "free for what".

go back to twatter

Attached: 1568483941284.png (1319x303, 181K)

low effort bait

Yes, he heard. But it seems you didn't. The "slaves" had more free time than you.

Lmfao cringe communist. Does your mom know you rollplay as violent "revolutionary" threatening to kill people instead of looking for jobs?

he creates a false image of history where he neglects class reasons of technological misuse and posits an idealistic, pre-19th century account of human affairs, and an idealistic place of nature where human tensions are resolved. He's unaware of critical modern thought of major philosophers. He's a giga-poseur, a kind of "thinker" north Americans love so much because he panders to their lack of basic culture and emotional development with all the attractive radical chic words. He can fuck off - which he did anyway.

Kaczynski adresses feudalism in some of his other writings. By his account, the measure of whether someone is a "slave" is not whether or not they have access to social mobility within the context of the society they were born into, but whether there is a realistic way in which they could physically escape the society they were born into. In pre-industrial times, human society was mostly crowded around population centers and agrarian hinterlands, and there was an immense amount of wild nature that was totally outside of the control of the masters of society. A peasant who was terribly oppressed in his daily life could run away from the feudal estate into the wild, or even into another town or country. There was no possibility of widespread surveillance and no social accounting system that kept track of every individual at all times. There was a realistic chance that someone could escape the bonds of their society if they tried. In a post-industrial world, where the entire geography of the planet is under constant survellance by the masters of industrial society, there is no chance of physically escaping your station in life. Rather, you would have "work within the system", that is, try to achieve socially a modicum of freedom by contributing to the advancement of the very forces that make you a slave.

Good post.

nod an argubend :DDD

Once a road was builded near Ted's cabin, he got so outraged that he wrote the manifesto and exploded some people, it's all about the road.

Well that's even more ridiculous
It's easier to escape society today than ever before, mainly thanks to technology, that's exactly what this retard with the manifesto did
You don't get far alone in a pre-technology world before you starve or freeze to death

>In pre-industrial times
All widespread technological tools that are not immediately produced by its users and require a master of some sort to manufacture them refer to an "industry", basically.

You do if you were raised as an illiterate agrarian peasant. You spend your entire life learning how to live off the land. In fact, you are so good at it that you can manage to survive even when some guy with an army comes and takes 80% of the goods you produce each year.
Why would a peasant who is an expert, lifelong pre-industrial farmer freeze and starve? He owns only the clothes on his back and what he can carry anyway. Could he not find some small shelter in the wilderness and just do what he has always done?

>Why would a peasant who is an expert, lifelong pre-industrial farmer freeze and starve?
Jesus Christ
this board really is full of role-playing urbanites isn't it

So you admit you have no argument? No answer? You admit you are wrong?

>gets called out for being the drone he is
>thus everything he said is a farce

Attached: 1557277648303.png (384x293, 17K)

Of course, I was just expressing my disbelief at your ignorance. The two biggest factors are weather and illness. Things you have no control over which will kill you no matter how experienced you are. Then of course there's your family. Providing for a family requires alot more than simply providing for yourself. This is the reason people tend to live in villages and tribes in the first place. Modern technology makes it alot easier for people to go survivalist on their own

Those things kill plenty of people even now in modern society. They killed plenty of obedient serfs who didn't run away either.
>Modern technology makes it alot easier for people to go survivalist on their own
If you build a cabin in the woods and power it with solar/wind power and make a water drainage system that you use to produce potable water and spend all of your time growing your own food, how are you going to afford to pay your land taxes?

>Those things kill plenty of people even now in modern society.
what does that have to do with anything? what even is the argument here? People crying that you can't live off the land because of land taxes?

>A peasant who was terribly oppressed in his daily life could run away from the feudal estate into the wild, or even into another town or country.
Amazing freedom - on paper. Except in most cases he couldn't make it, because he had only his own legs, his ragged clothes, some bad footwear, a tinderbox and a bag of stale moldy bread (if he was lucky), he had to constantly ask strangers how to get to a town where his lords won't reach him at the risk of being caught. He had to wade through swamps, squeeze through forests, encounter wild animals on his way and avoid being eaten by them, somehow deal with nasty diseases. Such things as maps or geography didn't exist in the word of a 13th century's serf. What an amazing array of opportunities they had back in the olden times unpolluted by the industry!

And what options does someone have for escaping the society they were born into now? Be honest.

move to another state
move to another country
go live in the woods, which is much easier than it was in medieval times
pull yourself up by your bootstraps and earn some money (but that's no fun is it, you can't blame the man anymore)

The point is that you have no way of escaping your society. You were born into it and it will follow you forever. You can flee into the woods, but that is no different from moving to a different city. You are still part of society. You can move to another country, but you still have your identity from your previous life. Constant surveillance ensures that you are always accounted for, no matter where you go. You are still part of society.

Just stop using your fucking cellphone if "surveillance" is your problem

Lol

everything you listed there is not escaping society, you are still in need of at absolute least interaction in any of those cases
Living in a woods does not make you safe from the state seizing your land now

If you live in an area with a low enough population density, who "owns" the land doesn't even matter, and only locals will ever have any idea that you even live here
It's ridiculous to discuss this with someone who probably hasn't even been camping before
You're on the internet crying about SOCIETY but you're all talk, you'll never actually try and improve your own life (not that being a caveman is actually an improvement)

Kek
Right...

Attached: 5gfrog.png (1323x605, 253K)

why are schizophrenics even allowed internet access

Why don't you glow niggers fuck off my board

Attached: 1558993997563.jpg (800x800, 141K)

>my board
you mean /x/? im not a regular

I can tell from all the replies that probably NOT A SINGLE FUCKING PERSON read his manifesto. You all just think you know what it was about and think he was some kind of luddite.

HINT: a huge chunk of the manifesto was about how modern day (modern for the time it was written) was totally fucked up and the even more fucked up directions it was heading. And you know what? He was fucking correct!

I don't agree with everything in his manifesto but as far as manifestos go its light years ahead of any of the crap that incels and mass shooters keep uploading.

he's against industrial tech not tech in general

people have read the manifesto and his other writings as well like the anti tech revolution
he still writes i think