Youtube is memory holing us, hides date videos are published. This is the end

Youtube is memory holing us, hides date videos are published. This is the end.

Attached: index.png (1270x926, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BlacyJsokzo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Psychological operations by glow in the darks. Temporal ignorance and easier manipulation.

That's odd, I just noticed that publish dates were gone on a couple videos I was watching earlier

Cannot reproduce. The view counter is literally the first thing to disappear (due to overlap from the like/dislike buttons) if you zoom to absurd sizes.
That's also true of the previous YouTube layout if you're still using Internet Explorer or another deprecated browser.

Schizo thread. Seek help.

It affects firefox regardless of zoom.

It still shows besides the video title faggot

You have no clue how these things work you ignoramus.

This is what happens when you have multiple retards (literally UX kids) clobbering together a template with data on it.
The source code for a YouTube page (just the document page itself, no import) is close to 3.5 (three point five) megabytes, and it's not even a valid document, but since it's owned by Alphabet, it's indexed the same and the browser must support it. All due to the inadequacy of the people involved in managing it.

>hey Jow Forums this is happening
>it isn't
>YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND MAN
k

No issues on the old UI. I hope you're not on that cancer they redesigned some time ago.

Eh?

Attached: SS_170919-112849.png (193x32, 2K)

T-t-they're memory holing us, I s-swear!

realised that's not much context

Attached: SS_170919-113011.png (1761x1302, 1.78M)

The old layout doesn't have this problem

I want comments and others videos swapped.

Considering I can only replicate it by zooming to mobile page scaled sizes I'm thinking OP is either blind or retarded.

Look, we as a society hold recency too highly anyway so even if it is an ab test change I'm going to applaud youtube for trying it out. There's so much information and good content out there made over the years that gets buried under a sea of news cycle click bait. Imagine if we'd actually looked at the content for what is was and not instead of when it was produced, you'd find that a lot of shit gets churned out and promoted.

Obsession with being contemporary isn't the issue here, it a matter of being able to keep track of what was published before what, so we can know who is responding to what, and what information people had available to them at the time they published something.
If anything, this actually makes it easier to promote garbage.

I wouldn't advocate for removing it completely, but I at least commend them for trying something like this out.

As for keeping responsibility, if someone had incorrect information and published something then they should correct it. They're still wrong either way, and such content should be somehow shown as such.

You don't seem to be getting it. Have you ever seen a screencap of a twitter conversation, and you can't really tell who is talking to who? Maybe you can if you use twitter a lot, but I don't, and I have trouble because twitter doesn't include proper timestamps (like the ones on this site) on any posts.
Internet arguments span multiple platform-publishers, so if you want to read through all those posts and images and videos to try and find out who was in the right and who was in the wrong, every platform-publisher site would need to have proper timestamps. When they don't, people end up being able to just make up their own narratives about who said what to who.
And this is fucking clown world. It's very frequently in your best interests, if you make a mistake, to NOT correct yourself. You don't get more of the modern social currency of likes and shares and retweets and followers by being right, you get it by being cool, you've got to be better than and win against your opposition, not admit they were better than you in any way at any time.

That's a well put and convincing point, thanks for taking your time to spell it out for me.

I'm not a big twitter user so I've definitely had the same annoyance as you. It's definitely an unfortunate situation that mistakes are often best brushed off and earsed instead of acknowledged.

Works on my machine, without any script/extension?

Attached: chrome_n6OaeDG13V.png (625x112, 9K)

schizo replier, seek validation

It shows in some videos in others not

Take your meds and have sex.

Stop using weed vape and stop having promiscuous sex.

Could you link one? Or show any kind of proof?

youtube.com/watch?v=BlacyJsokzo
I think it happens with old videos with a bunch of views.

Attached: file.png (1045x429, 300K)

Works fine for me.

Attached: XsuXz7M.png (807x265, 39K)

based retard

Attached: file.png (432x164, 20K)

>1.78 MB
>.png

Attached: gorilla-middle-finger-bob-pitchford-bristol-zoo-1.jpg (605x763, 216K)

This happens to a lot of videos actually, their layout is fucking retaded and should go back. Retarded pajeets.

Literally only matters if you're a retarded phoneposter

How tiny is your screen?

Attached: Screenshot (15).png (1366x654, 419K)

>just zoom out bro

1366x768 users have no rights.

800x600 or burn in hell, fucking heretic.

2560x1440 > 800x600 >>> 1366x768

1280x1024 trumps all

If the internet is a library, someone's slowly been erasing the markings on all the books. And hiding away the shelves.

As the page was loading the "Published" date appeared for half a second, then vanished. Replicatable upon refresh.

based

No it isn't you fucking retard.
Only on tiny windows. I thought they had taken that away for a second a couple days ago but it's only when the window is too small to display it. Was able to reproduce that the view counter still exists. You're full of shit.
this.
No, it doesn't.

>not having unlimited gigabit
>in 2015+4

Attached: 6fe.jpg (400x407, 19K)

Compression artifact obscure the upload date when I convert it to jpg, pretty weird

link the script you homo

Even your image proves you wrong faggot.
It literally just says they moved it.
Are you retarded?

Attached: joy.jpg (675x720, 42K)

I've been noticing this too the past few days, specially with videos that are clearly older but it's most likely a bug or something due to the changes, and in the app it still shows the date in all vids at least in all that I've seen so far

>not using the add-on "Youtube Classic"
Ewwww Gross

Attached: Untitled.png (938x399, 62K)

Attached: 1555770613612.jpg (1019x984, 163K)

>doesn't move the UI below the video

Useless.