Guido van Rossum anounces Python 4.0

>A non backwards-compatible major revision to the language that attempts to clean and make the language more streamlined and inclusive.
>Python 3.7 will be the last 3.x version to be supported.
How fucked are you?

Attached: guido.jpg (360x640, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

charlesleifer.com/blog/new-features-planned-for-python-4-0/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why use python 4 when there's Nim?

Why use python.*

ftfy

So that companies using python 3 need to massively hire python 4 developers.

lmao haven't even updated from python2 yet

time to migrate to Haskal i guess

>>A non backwards-compatible major revision to the language
They just described python 3.

too much people are already using pytohn3 though, time for a new break

wasn't Guido #cancelled?

Objects are no longer referenced as 'self'. It's now they/them/their

charlesleifer.com/blog/new-features-planned-for-python-4-0/

lel

>All new libraries and standard lib modules must include the phrase "for humans" somewhere in their title.
Imagine releasing a major version who deliberately breaks with older versions and further divides and reduces the community for THIS. What a shame, as I actually enjoy scripting some stuff with python from time to time.

Attached: 1548308041722.jpg (320x287, 37K)

Is he giving me like 11 years to make the switch like he did for Python 2.7?

Imagine not getting the joke.

kek

Yes, this totally serious article really makes itself sound like a joke, of course it is totally serious.

Nim. LOL

You have like 2 months and a half.

I know right, what an informative and very serious article that is not satire in any way.

will my python2 binaries explode on 2020?

>nim is a good alternative to python because.. spaces as identation
fucking Jow Forums is so retarded
hate to be a cliche but god damn you guys are nubs and full of shit
99% never wrote anything besides a fucking hello world or fizz buzz and never were employed
i hate you lot, im getting out of here for good

I thought Guido stepped down? Why would they do that when they had the toughest time getting people to switch to 3? I don't believe it desu.

>use Nim
>have a job
Pick one

>inclusive
That's not innovation.

fucking kek

>A non backwards-compatible

aka

lets fuck up our history and try to force everyone to use our new serialized engine
is python copying adobe?

>Python 4.0
>non backwards-compatible
Source or are you fucking kidding?

It's not like that's a new thing that never happened before, right?

>The bytes-vs-str thing kept many of us employed as we had convinced our companies they needed to upgrade to Python 3. In the same spirit, we are excited to announce that there will now be two int types -- int will be a 32-bit signed integer, and long will be a 64-bit signed integer. But before you say, "hey, they did that in Python 2!", we'd like to add that you can no longer use int anywhere, and will need to convert them all to long.

Attached: 1552409002351.png (552x543, 358K)

The truth is that it hard to tell what's a joke and what isn't. 5 years ago I thought that taking 3 million refugees into Germany to boost our expertise would be a joke but everyone was dead serious. Don't blame me lads, blame the world we are living in. Who would've thought that we would have mentally ill men running around in women dresses and claim that they're normal.

People like you are cancer.

>python2 binaries
Begone, pajeet. Support ends in 2020, so you will have fix and compile it yourself, pajeet.

That's not gonna happen. It's like the transition from 4.20 to 5.00 in the linux kernel.

/usr/bin/python is a binary, also it won't disappear any time soon and redhat is going to keep patching it up to 2024 probably if needed as it has support for it in their LTS release

That pajeet meant his *.py were binaries. At least that's how it read.

> redhat is going to keep patching it up to 2024
Sources, I highly doubt that. Supports end in 2020, and I doubt red hat will go against python recommendations.

Guido looks hot. I hope he dilates frequently.

So this is the intelligence of typical Jow Forumstard.

>binaries
They're called spectrumaries now shitlord.

Considering I don't use Python, except in that I use Calibre but that program has a based and redpilled creator who told everyone to get fucked and that he's completely capable of maintaining his own version of old Python by himself, I would say that I'm not fucked at all.

Yup, everything that Jow Forums predicted came true. I cant say this about this shitty board lmao.