I accidentally used fdisk on the wrong disk!

I accidentally used fdisk on the wrong disk!

I pressed g for a new gpt table, and then created a new partition (n) across the whole disk. Didn't change any of the default settings, and haven't done anything since.

How fucked am I?

Attached: 1531614475666.jpg (629x505, 33K)

Microsoft Windows doesn't have this problem

just w (wipe previous changes)
and q out. you'll be fine. Remember to use Microsoft Windows™ the next time around.

It's not saved until you write changes but in case you did you can simply restore from backup

What backup? I did write changes

NOOOOOO

How can it all be gone in one instant. My crypto wallets

yer a right cunt.

>what backup
idiot

dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sda bs=1024
thank me later, faggot.

Someone please answer. Is it at all recoverable? Something like photorec?

yes, but not retarded windongs shit.
just do this.
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sda bs=1024
thank me later, faggot.

also why are you even using fdisk for gpt?

I've been here since heron,
fuck off cunt.

Just install a new os. Put Ubuntu on a flash drive or something

Nice try.

I have 8 hard drives, mounted in fstab using their PARTUUID. mounted at /mnt/HDD1 etc. Problem was, the HDDs have labels according to blkid, except the labels dont match where I had them mounted. So I wanted to wipe number 3 and setup dmcrypt, but even after unmounting it said it was in use. However, I had unmounted the hdd labeled hdd3 but not the one I wanted (mounted at /mnt/HDD3)

first of all, no one fucking cares how long you claim to be somewhere.
secondly, if you think you're so fucking smart why you writing new tables to your disks, writing the changes and still not knowing how to recover from it?

OP here, That wasn't me. I dont know what Heron is

if you would check the ip counts it does matter how long I've been here,
calling you a right cunt was the first post I made in this thread.
You cunt.

interesting story. sounds like your backup plan.

The chads at 4+Jow Forums /tech/ would've helped

Attached: ronpaul (3).jpg (600x414, 75K)

Just restore your gpt dumbass or restore from backup.

Do they still know their stuff?
I wanted to find out but I forgot how the chans are now that this place has changed the way it did post trump.

How do I restore my gpt? I think it was a dos table before hand, the file system type was NTFS. If I had a backup then I wouldn't be in this mess.

You backup data that is worth something.
You not having a backup is a sign your crypto wallets were worth approximately $0.00

Literally recreate it with the same partitions, sizes and offsets and all. Fucking retarded faggot. Maybe next time you'll keep backups.

>How fucked am I?
Try using Photorec. It might be able to recover your data.
Otherwise, you might be able to pay for a service to do that too.

>my crypto wallets
This is bait right? Nobody could be this dumb.

> You backup data that is worth something.
I have a lot of data that I'd consider worth something, but I can't afford to buy 8 more harddrives to back it all up.
> You not having a backup is a sign your crypto wallets were worth approximately $0.00
I lied about the crypto wallets being lost. I thought it might help lure in some people to help.

If that data is something that you can easily reacquire, then no backup needed.
If that data is irrecoverable, what where to happen if the drive permanently failed? What then? Take it to a recovery facility and pay $$$$
Just get a storage vps from any reputable host that isn't going to summerhost/close up after they take your money.

>I lied about the crypto wallets being lost. I thought it might help lure in some people to help.
yikes

Any vps recommendations?

Without knowing specific requirements such as location, bandwidth, etc? no. Also this site is neck deep in basement NEET's with no cash. Check out the popular forums that do have providers and clients alike speaking about this type of stuff.

fpbp