Was social media a mistake?

was social media a mistake?

Attached: Victor_Hermida_-_Richard_Stallman_en_Ourense_(by).jpg (1625x2524, 2.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/archives/2019-jul-oct.html#16_September_2019_(Resignation)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Twitter was, specifically. Every fucking batshit insane fucktard on the planet can now reach an audience of millions and connect with other batshit insane fucktards to form a chorus. It is unironically one of the worst things to ever happen to human society.

no but people were

Absolutely. I dropped all forms last year except for a new Twitter account so IFTTT can email me when a few companies post software updates and service status messages.

yes, as were people

does this mean HURD might finally get finished now?

No women rights were a mistake.

Attached: 1534356757666.jpg (1000x594, 164K)

We need a tits or gtfo license, if gender ever comes up you have to fuck off, don't even bother to post your man-tits

>be a grown man
>resign because of some mean tweets

what a faggot

No, Hurd's very likely fucking dead. It's only still around because Stallman had a soft spot for it. Whatever corporate drone that replaces him will likely close the project and cut the associated code out of other parts of GNU because it puts an "unnecessary development burden" on them. Kiss any chance for a usable post-unix OS goodbye.

Attached: quote-unix-has-retarded-os-research-by-10-years-and-linux-has-retarded-it-by-20-dennis-ritchie-98-84 (850x400, 54K)

i'd like to interject for just a moment. what you are refering to as social media is infact: twitter+facebook

this desu

he is hiding something

MIT pressured him to resign, he said so on his resignation. So the only faggots here are MIT and you.

Attached: 2C08E9D1-B607-45E5-9E05-6BA2980C65F1.jpg (590x389, 42K)

I don't think so. I think he's just had enough.

He knew staying at the FSF only hurt it because of how batshit insane leftists are now.

in his position he couldn't be pressured

Bullshit, anyone can be these days because of social media. No wonder the president of Turkey hated it, because he knew that even social media threatened his totalitarianism.

Pic is ultra based

>MIT pressured him to resign, he said so on his resignation.
Where did he say that?

stallman.org/archives/2019-jul-oct.html#16_September_2019_(Resignation)
>I am doing this due to pressure on MIT and me
Aka "I will suck tranny dick if they bully us on twitter".

Dude these tards were threatening to relicense from the GPL to some stupidass "more free" license.

Internet was a mistake. They should require you to have >120 IQ to access internet.

Twitter was literally designed to be a pied piper platform and take everyone's voices away. Same thing with reddit, Instagram, Facebook, and any other platforms that aren't controlled by the userbase

You're on social media right now fucktard

>Jow Forums is social media
lel

American culture was a mistake, we're living in a satanic panic decade. Anyway big corps love this and expect more and more trannies to get mid level management positions to keep workforce in check.

>anonymous imageboard
>social media

Attached: 1555595653955.jpg (1024x990, 109K)

dead wrong kiddo, this is just an anonymous traditional mongolian basket weaving forum.

I noticed a weird bump in traffic here against him in the last few days
>3rd most rated post in the 3rd most popular thread on reddit
>obsessed over this small shithole
Now I know who it was

Attached: its da gews.jpg (1080x1545, 114K)

>what is (You)s
imagine being that naive

Yes, "social media" is toxic as fuck. Literally a world-wide tabloid were everyone is the target.

Stallmanlet should've just hired someone to same him from himself.

Yes, but not as big of a mistake as modern liberalism.
>dude your feelings totally trump biology
>yeah nationalism is evil, the welfare state will totally work under open borders
>your chemically-induced crocodile tears say more than the natural law rights to free speech ever could

technology isnt self aware. its what we made it and nothing else. its people that are retarded. and no, i dont and never have used social media.

He provides ideological direction. Whoever replaces him is going to drive the FSF into the ground.

t. incel

Yes, and so were the smartphones.

>woman-hating himself
like pottery

Reddit truly is cancer

An aspect of it: the viral aspect. That's basically the result of machine learning techniques applied to optimizing engagement, clicks, and watch time.

No, it's the work of propagandits trying to control what trends and what doesn't trend, for the purposes of social control.

What in the fuck makes you think trending stories are genuine when these companies have every single incentive to accept payment to make something trend, or use trends to silence or support ideologies and events that they agree/disagree with?

Stop thinking that everyone is an unbiased neutral actor with unbiased neutral algorithms and start believing that they are out for their own best interests and have no qualms fucking you over or lying to you whatsoever.

GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD
THEY ARE ACTUALLY LITERALLY DOING THIS

Cringe. You can't even interpret a simple text.