We need to talk about Drones

So just this week, a people literally stuck in the 12th century bought off the shelf drone parts costing no more than a small car, packed a few explosives on the airframe with some smart Iranian programming, and destroyed a relatively modern nations critical infrastructure, sending oil prices through the roof, which might just tip the world economy to another recession. Was this the cyberpunk lite future we were promised?

What do your think will be the implications of this tech?

Attached: 19441F22-729C-47A0-A82F-52F815FAF78C.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HDV3P4LrUG4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: EA620DA2-80DD-4E9D-861D-A027A795AAEC.jpg (764x401, 24K)

/diy/ here. Thats easy enough to replicate with standard rc aircraft components.

>smart Iranian programming
This would turn into Jow Forums but to be honest iranian aren't that smart.

not really much different from the constant suicide bombings and other terrorist attacks that happen daily in the middle east, if you live in a country with shitty people or let enough shitty people into your country that's just what society looks like

So they made a budget, prop driven cruise missile.
The implications are that anything unaccounted for, regardless of how slow it's moving on radar, is suspicious, and they should have known better.

Ever since i was a kid making RC planes i was curious how the fuck was no one ever killed by an RC plane.

Shit is literally a cruise missile.
Ultra low altitude, low profile and radar-transparent at that.

Does radar even pick up birds?

Shit's very small flies very low and is made out of literal styrofoam so it must be transparent.

yeah, it's better to live in a country where they send people to do all the bombing and killing far away.
Sometimes there are shooting in public places but that kinda invalidate my racist point so let's just ignore that for a moment.
Repeat after me, we numbah one!

That all the money wasted on Patriot and S400 defense system was stupid and KSA should buy the Iron Dome tech

Attached: 1384666459492.jpg (300x400, 18K)

>named after the guy they killed hundred of years ago

normal styrofoam is detectable but 'literal' styrofoam is transparent for sure

Most of the world's oil is supplied by the United States. This isn't 1972. Oil prices will not even budge

>Was this the cyberpunk lite future we were promised?
>What do your think will be the implications of this tech?
R.C. airplanes have been around for at least 50 years, user.

Looks like a giant joint

You know he is right about the relative ease of making bombs in those countries, with enough creativity, rage and blood thirst this shit is inevitable.

>usa start banning drones

>Sometimes there are shooting in public places
The United States has over 300 million people. To make meaningul comparisons, you'd have to look at the numbers for all of Europe, or most of South America, or large sections of Africa, and it turns out the U.S. is substantially safer most places.
The problem lies in the fact that the world is full of brainlets that can't form independent conclusions and have to have the media install thought scripts for them. If opinions were based on objective facts, everyone would rationally conclude that allowing access to guns for law abiding citizens actually makes you safer, and creates a safer society at large, as that is what is supported by the data every time.

>Most of the world's oil is supplied by the United States.
>this is the kind of people that post on the technology board.

Attached: 1465385459047.png (444x327, 315K)

They already have, you asshole.

>Was this the cyberpunk lite future we were promised?
no, it sucks. you're basically limited to styrofoam flying wings, gay annoying Phantoms, and loud as fuck zoomy racing drones.
>What do your think will be the implications of this tech?
open-source Javelin missiles, suicide drones, and even harder to counter insurgency tactics
Honestly I have no idea why big cities haven't already shelled out of their bottomless pockets for unarmed and cheaper Predators to replace helicopters for surveillance.

also, FPV drones are GREAT for urban warfare. Usually when i'm out urbexing I'll send up my little FPV racer and send it wherever I wanna go to check for security and crackheads. You can usually get 3 or 4 rooms into a building before you start losing FPV feed

>Sometimes there are shooting in public places but that kinda invalidate my racist point so let's just ignore that for a moment.
>mass shootings, which represent less than .1% of annual deaths are the same as daily suicide bombings and people getting blown up over which part of the quran they think is the holiest

You can detect them using microdoppler radar. Because the drones have a rotating propeller they have a distinct radio signature.

Iran unironically among the leaders in UAV technology, thanks to capturing fully intact RQ-170, which they forced to land using Russian Avtobaza complex.
If we talk about infrastructure protection - big boys like USA and Russia already have point-defense capable of intercepting drones. It's up to other countries to buy them.
There is also portable devices for that. Maduro assassination attempt seems to accelerate development of them.
youtube.com/watch?v=HDV3P4LrUG4

Those systems aren't meant to intercept drones. They are designed do intercept planes, missiles and, in case of S-400, ICBM's.
Point-defense, like Pantsir or Tor and whatever counterpart NATO uses are capable of intercepting drones. In fact, Russians seems to be able defense Khmeimim quite successfully against drones and "hell-cannons".
Syrians lost couple of Panstir's to Israel attacks, but it was single unit against mass usage of Harop suicide UAV's.

mine wouldn't even take off

boy
Your racial iq memes are behind the times.

Attached: 6-Table7-1.png (1068x262, 13K)

>persian=iranian

Real Iranians are pretty smart. The cultural revolution was unironically one of the worst tragedies of the 20th century.