And occasional light gaming

>and occasional light gaming

Attached: 1518361681099.png (644x800, 15K)

When I hear that I think of solitaire and pacman.

It means games like Dota, CS, TF2, LoL and Fortnite

I thought it meant busting out an emulator and playing a game from the Gamecube,PS2 or any consoles all the way up to the 6th gen era. At least I know to recommend them a shitty laptop that is only good for websurfing

>I need it for workstation use
>but it needs to run dota 2 at 600 fps in 4k as that's the only thing I actually use my computer for other than browsing

Imagine being over 20 and still playing video games.

lucky i'm only 20 then haha

Attached: 1562637522341.png (225x225, 22K)

Imagine being a cagie wagie not having time for vidiya

Imagine giving a shit about other people's hobbies.

imagine being over 20 and still having the "ugh time to act like a *real* grown up now" mindset

it means they're someone who spends more time watching let's plays or vidya podcasts than actually playing themselves.

playing video games is far better than watching netflix or any retarded tv or movies

if you're a hero and never do any time wasting shit like that and spend all your time feeding the poor, working out, and writing papers on arxiv yeah good for you bruv, every single person I know IRL has some downtime and videogames are in my opinion one of the better kinds of it

playing subnautica last year was a better and more memorable experience than I think any movie or tv show I've ever watched, although I stopped watching that stuff almost a decade ago now

playing coop games with my friends and especially my gf are some of my favorite recreational memories

This let’s me know that they’re mostly professionals but can still enjoy a bit of fun every now and again and that makes them cool.

>my gf

Attached: normihomot.jpg (557x694, 153K)

>I need it for productivity

Attached: 1553558763704.jpg (378x378, 31K)

>>and occasional light gaming
translation "im embarrassed that i play video games"

>I'll be using this computer as a workstation for simulations and deep learning
>but I'm getting the 9900k because it has the best fps in games and that's what I actually use it for

playing video games is about as degenerate as watching football/baseball/blackball

depends a lot on the game too

although honestly competitive online games are a huge timesink and in my opinion really bad for a person

everything is a huge timesink what the fuck are you on about, do you come home from work to do more work? Don't really understand what kind of mindset you have that makes one recreational over the other 'bad'.

>football
Actual football or united states of american ""football""?

lol just saw this white boy tryna greentext near me my dog like his nuts :P

Attached: 1558169672548.png (1280x720, 211K)

>everything is the same
just no. people spend thousands of hours on mobas or fps games, sometimes tens of thousands of hours. they're a huge timesink and force you into really unhealthy habits. playing a casual game is nothing like sinking a huge portion of your life and free time into a competitive online game like many people do.

Pretty much this. Don't sweat it though, I feel like most men will come to this realization as they get older.

Yeah, why do you care if they enjoy it that much? If their life is deteriorating because of it, that's a whole separate issue. Last few years I just come home from work and watch TV and go to bed. I fail to see what's so different about coming home and playing video games if that's what a person enjoys. It's like you are taking like the 1% worst cases to make it seem like it's something particularly bad.

>Yeah, why do you care if they enjoy it that much?
it's clearly an addicting and damaging habit with little benefits and is the bulk of the "problems" of gaming that is not shared with games that aren't competitive online games
>If their life is deteriorating because of it, that's a whole separate issue.
it's actually the entire issue

Again, explain what the difference is between that and the random things people do in their free time , unless it's ruining your life I fail to see what you are saying is so special about it that makes it 'bad'. You didn't even address anything in the other post of my post.

Like I don't really understand what you think is so different from coming home and doing random shit like watching TV etc over playing games. I wish I had the energy to play games, I say good for those guys who at least stimulate their brain instead of rotting it like me.

I think his worry is that those types of games have a higher tendency of causing addiction than other forms of media like watching TV. Then again, you could make the argument that all forms of media have a risk of causing addiction depending on the person, so I doubt it really matters.

/v/eddit niggers WILL be purged from gee.

>not enjoying some nethack or dwarb fordress every once in a well
who cares what you think square

Attached: -0680.jpg (392x489, 24K)

this, "hardcore" videogames have their benefits too, they work well for memory/eye-hand coordination etc. it all depends on the type of game.

The worst offenders are mobile and casual games, which require no effort and just reward you for your time(eventually money). When I look at my friends playing FGO or other gacha games it's pitiful really.

shut up tranny

Agree with you.
Same useless thing as :
>watching anything on TV
>going to stadium and paying incredible amount of money to watch sports
>any posting on forums/social networks which don't provide any meaningful information
>drinking/smoking any harmfull substances to your body
>doing any stressful activity for your body, such as extreme sports
>growing any meaningless greenery which can't be consumed

And many more things which adults should have grown out by time they reach 20

Literally this, look at all the butt hurt losers replying "PLEASEEE DONT TAKE MY VIDYA !!!!!"
go back to /v/ you fucking degens

Except games used, and in some cases are still, involving experience. So unless you are talking about shit mobile games or other time-sinking no challenge games. It is more comparable to:
>Playing chess(or other demanding board games)
>Doing sport(Extreme sports are also good lmao)
>Doing anything mentally involved

Not everyone is going home to be cucked into more working.

Attached: WhatEvaDude.jpg (750x1000, 89K)

Dilate

Those games are featherweight. Even my shitty 512mb ram laptop from 2007 could run them.

Yeah you try running PCSX2 on a low spec machine lmao

People who never had video games never started playing them. People who always had video games never stopped playing them. Average gamer's age is 35 now.

>playing games is better than watching fellini, Bergman or Hitchcock movies
Kek

>one of the better kinds of it
that is beyond pathetic. ever heard of books?

>let me just prove I'm an underage newfag, that'll show em!

>Imagine being over 20 and still playing video games

Attached: IMG_2052.jpg (906x1024, 66K)

Not me, I build tables in my spare time. I've got a whole garage filled with tables now.

Came to say this

Dilate.

Why only tables?

When I hear that I automatically lose respect for you

Fuck Gamers

>When I hear that I automatically lose respect for you

>Fuck Gamers

Attached: IMG_2063.jpg (1080x1020, 191K)

>I post posts

Attached: 1235532020565181.jpg (593x426, 84K)

>Hey user, have you seen the new shit that netflix pumped out
naw
>You should, it's great and possibly the greatest thing ever made even though everyone forgets about it in a week and it's just the same story but with contemporary stars nobody cares about
I'm good
>Wow, you're a loser

fuck off vg are for entertainment what else the fuck do i have to do besides lifelessly browsing a shitty asiatic knitting photo album

This right here is why people hate gamers, most can't keep this shit to themselves.

we're all shitposting which seems worse to me

Cope

??????????????????????

Replace Netflix with any game company and it's the same shit.

YAY FILMS!!!!

Attached: 8640F200-2201-48F1-B37B-11383D6862F1.png (645x773, 11K)

Nostalgic MapleStory private server

Attached: 1555857858017.gif (909x890, 501K)

is there a real 1x exp rate and meso rate classic server around ?

playphoenix.ca is the only true 1x server
but the population is pretty dead compared to related servers

books are incredibly overrated by people who are desperate to look smart, especially fiction and nonfiction that's written like fiction like biographies
they're really not any better than tv

if you mean textbooks and hard learning materials or papers then sure and yea I do read a lot of that, but otherwise it's just tv but different

absolute mental cope. you just want to believe that your favorite genres of games are good and the ones you don't like are bad.

Wrong, with books you actually have to think/imagine

>tfw addicted to eve online

how do I stop bros

Attached: 00293.jpg (2000x2000, 332K)

this is complete nonsense and the supposed benefits are dubious pseudoscience. there is no real benefit of fiction books over a tv show except reading skill, which is something you can get very easily by regularly using a computer. the fact that people regularly listen to audiobooks and want to pretend it's any better than watching tv is ridiculous.

Do you increase your grammatical and vocabulary skill by scrolling through 4channel daily?

Same thing with smokers. Both are cancerous and self destructive hobbies

Then why not just think yourself?

and people think with TV, which why these cancerous "shipping" and conspiracy fanbases exist, the exact same one books has

>Oh man, I have to IMAGINE how this character looks

It's pretty descriptive and then you have hacks like JK Rowling straight up contradicting themselves.

Hell you're reading right now, what do you imagine I'm doing? Want a picture? you can base your guess off that and imagine anyway

what a fucking pointless post

have sex

>sex
overrated garbage

wizard detected

>gaming merely occasionally and lightly
Chads work hard and play hard

Attached: 158202394885349.jpg (598x349, 36K)

>he thinks Fellini and Hitchcock are good
you absolute fucking pleb

my godness you are a complete ignorant

best movies ever made:
1. Vertigo
2. Pierrot le Fou
3. Harakiri
Prove me wrong

t. somebody who has never thought for themselves

idk man harry potter 3 was kino

eat shit faggot. at least vidya is active consuming instead of passive shit like nigflix

Depends on what you mean by low spec
If you mean something that was weak 10 years ago, then yeah it will run like complete ass
If you mean something that is new or only a few years old and was low spec on release, then it will run fine. a m3-7y30 can run PCSX2 fine, and those have been in every chinkshit surface clone for a while. Got mine over a year ago for $250 or so

Both

ever since I found a greek sugar daddy who pays 10 euros for 3 mins of erotic videos, I've been gaming like a boss.

He even finds shit like taking off my socks erotic. Talk about hitting the jackpot.

no, I just believe games that require involvement are better than games that require clicking go forward. I don't even play a lot of games these days anyway.

>poor out of the box color accuracy

Attached: soy.jpg (645x773, 86K)

Normies hate when their shallow, predictable personalities get exposed so they get mad and wild out like you just witnessed.

Eh, I'm with if you mean "playing every single night until 1AM and pulling all-nighters every weekend".
I rarely play games anymore because I found the way of sports and general self-improvement. I did play a lot video games when I was younger and I regret wasting so much of my time with it.
But it's alright to play some games every once in a while.

Attached: kratos.jpg (640x536, 47K)

/v/ has been on Jow Forums since before we had fucking captchas you nigger if they haven't left yet they never will

for me that's an old version of civilization

based hetfield

>imagine being over 20 and watching TV shows, movies, hanging out with friends, reading novels, or having fun or shitposting on this website

Attached: 1557193038909.png (500x500, 42K)

>any posting on forums/social networks which don't provide any meaningful information
Yet, here you are, posting on a anime imageboard

I have a 2080ti and I barely game once a day

I find gaming stuff cheaper as well I just turn the leds off

Wait, playing video games is considered a hobby now? In my time, a hobby was something you did that was productive, like woodworking or camping. The zombies glued to the TV were the ones without hobbies, but I guess that's considered a hobby now. Is masturbation also a hobby? Drinking alcohol?

What are you going to do about it?

Imagine being over 20 and still having fun

Millenals have expanded the definition of hobby to mean "anything I do in my free time" so they can feel better about being useless fucks

How is camping productive?

For me it's neogeo and dead cells

leenocks user spotted
cope