Deus vult

Forth programming thread, stallman's gone and we aren't playing around edition.

Attached: внезапно-гиф-3036995.jpg (811x879, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

angg.twu.net/miniforth-article.html),
colorforth.github.io/cf.htm
github.com/openbios/openbios
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>just write your own forth bro
>everything makes sense once you do it bro
>you can personalise it all you want bro
Forth is a thin abstraction over assembly and nothing else. Why do you people obsess over it so much?

Panties are a thin abstraction of a vagina. I am glad they exist rather than not.

You can't use panties to create a child, user.

>Why do you people obsess over it so much?
its the same insane guy posting threads about it over and over again

I'm not a forth programmer and have only slightly looked into it, but I assume the appeal is similar in many ways to lisp, that being the utter malleability. No arbitrary strict rules about bullshit, you just start hacking away and building up bits and pieces to do whatever it is you want to do. It just feels free and easy, rather than restrictive, even if in some cases it requires more work over all since you're reinventing the wheel and all, but being more fun and less trying to force your way of thinking into some masochistic restrictive box type of tiresome.

You can't be a straight man without liking panties.

Your move.

I am the King of Jow Forums, the rightful heir to the throne of Jow Forums. Cease your output.

This man is a wise man.

>joyreactor.cc
LOOOOL XD

Attached: 99ee5707225835c720a639184ac39849.jpg (510x370, 34K)

I do enjoy panties, but comparing panties to a vagina is like comparing food to the plate it's sitting on.

no you just sound slightly schizo or retarded

That's like saying:

"ketchup is great but hotdogs are better so you can't have ketchup on your hotdogs."

have sex.

Attached: IMG_5570.png (750x1334, 408K)

>No arbitrary strict rules about bullshit, you just start hacking away and building up bits and pieces to do whatever it is you want to do.
Well that at least makes some sense, getting the control of assembly without all of the fiddly details of it. It still seems like a bit of work to get into the mindset of a stack based programming language after spending years using languages that abstract over it like C, but maybe I'm wrong.

Wow I used to put alot more effort into my forth threads.

live the stack, breathe the stack, be the stack

No it isn't.
You can enjoy panties with your vaginas and ketchup with your hotdogs all you want, but saying "panties are a thin abstraction over a vagina" is false, neither of those things are remotely comparable.
At least a fleshlight has some of the functionality of a vagina, panties do not.

>says the cuck who doesn't like panties and says you can't have ketchup on your own hotdog

This is america.

Let me guess what happened to you sweetie. You googled forth and someone told you it was the same as assembler and now you're having a bad day cause you think it's true. It's okay, you're not smart enough to code on forth. Go program Java.

>says the incel who fucks his waifu's panties daily
We live in a society.

Attached: 1498493343949.png (1200x900, 556K)

How do I get started with making my own forth? i have the basic skills required but need specs.

Pick a meme language you know well like python, java, javascript, or ect, and write your forth in that.

If you already know c or C++ skip to this step:
Next write your forth in c or c++ making it minimal enough so that it fits into 10 kilobytes. Once you fit it into 10 kilobytes then you are ready to work your way down to assembler.

>lemme just assume what you think of forth
>no I'm not gonna give you a correct explanation of forth
>just go back to playing with your toys, let the adults work here :)

>disregard shills for third generation programming languages
>post memes of fourth generation programming languages

Attached: propoganda2.jpg (592x605, 77K)

That alone makes it a better C than C itself.

Start making little bytecode stack machines (not strictly required, an immediate text executor like TinyBasic is possibe, see also angg.twu.net/miniforth-article.html), make different stack machines using integer arrays and a few register-like variabes. If some of the bytecodes do the same thing as common FORTH words then so be it.

I might make a version of this as a side project. Do you happen to know of any open source examples of forth code being used?

The only use of forth is writing your own custom forth over and over again.

The only point in reaching enlightenment is to just keep reaching it? Sounds kinda shit.

The only point to fapping is continuing to fap because it feels good. Otherwise you wouldn't fap.

colorforth
colorforth.github.io/cf.htm

openbios / open firmware
github.com/openbios/openbios