Casio F-91W

What went so right?

Attached: Casio F-91W.jpg (1024x1024, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

burningimage.net/genuine-and-fake-casio-f91w/
is2.Jow
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Japanese did everything right.

The Casio F-91W is a digital watch manufactured by Japanese electronics company Casio. Introduced in 1989, it is popular for its simplicity, reliability, and unpretentious clean design. Due to this reason, it is still in production with the same design. Annual production of the watch is 3 million units per year. The F-91W is a part of the Casio F-series watches.

Attached: wa9UbGydXhIo7pwEDANnQf7pvuX7yaZ51oCelrVnPkY.jpg (1200x975, 208K)

Thank you, Wikipedia.

What I hate about these kind of watches is the shitty self advertisement they put on the watch faces. Do I really need to be reminded every time I look at it that it is a F-91W model? Or that it is water resist? Or that the battery lasts 10 years? This shit should be written on the backside.

Attached: 1541140795544.png (314x510, 222K)

im looking into one of these. and have a few questions
i want a watch that I'll never have a good reason to remove from my wrist.
can i use this in the shower, pool, and will it be harmed by the cleaning chemicals i use at work?

The designer of the F91w once said having sex with a 17yo girl is OK

we must disavow this watch forever and ban anyone wearing or posting it for all time

Attached: Billie-Eilish.jpg (750x563, 57K)

Designed by Ryusuke Moriai as his first design for Casio, the case of the F-91W measures 37.5 by 33.5 by 8.5 millimetres (1.48 by 1.32 by 0.33 in) and weighs 21 grams (0.74 oz). The case is primarily made of plastic, with a stainless steel caseback and buttons with the manufacturer's module number, 593, stamped on the caseback. The resin strap is 18 millimetres (0.71 in) at the fitting and 22mm across the widest part of the lugs.

The F-91W has a 1100 second stopwatch with a count up to 59:59.99 (nearly one hour). The stop watch also has the feature to mark net and split time (lap). Other features include an hourly time beep (hourly chime) and a single daily alarm lasting 20 seconds and an automatic calendar, although auto-adjustment for leap years is not supported as the watch does not record the year. February is always counted as 28 days. The watch uses a faint, green LED backlight located to the left of the display for illumination (in earlier versions it was an amber microlight). According to manufacturer estimates, the watch is reported to be accurate to ±30 seconds per month.

The quartz movement is powered by a single CR2016 3-volt lithium button cell, which lasts at least seven years, assuming 20 seconds of alarm and one second of light usage per day. However, these are seldom used in practice, so it is not uncommon for the battery to last 10 years or longer.

The watch front is marked WATER RESIST, but Casio reports different values for different variants of the watch. The black version (F91W-1) is "30 meter / 3 bar", the ISO standard meaning of which is: "Suitable for everyday use. Splash/rain resistant. NOT suitable for showering, bathing, swimming, snorkeling, water related work and fishing".

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

blacking out all that stuff is one of the most popular mods

Attached: childrape.jpg (194x259, 6K)

USAGE IN TERRORISM

According to secret documents issued to interrogators at Guantanamo Bay, obtained and released by The Guardian, "the Casio F-91W digital watch was declared to be 'the sign of al-Qaeda' and a contributing factor to continued detention of prisoners by the analysts stationed at Guantanamo Bay. Briefing documents used to train staff in assessing the threat level of new detainees advise that possession of the F-91W and the A159W – available online for as little as £4 – suggests the wearer has been trained in bomb making by al-Qaeda in Afghanistan." United States Military intelligence officials have identified the F-91W as a watch that terrorists use in constructing time bombs.

This association was highlighted in the Denbeaux study, and may have been used in some cases at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp. An article published in the Washington Post in 1996 reported that Abdul Hakim Murad, Wali Khan Amin Shah, and Ramzi Ahmed Yousef had developed techniques to use commonly available Casio digital watches to detonate time bombs.

On July 12, 2006, the magazine Mother Jones provided excerpts from the transcripts of a selection of the Guantanamo detainees. The article informed readers:

>More than a dozen detainees were cited for owning cheap digital watches, particularly "the infamous Casio watch of the type used by Al Qaeda members for bomb detonators."

The article quoted Abdullah Kamel Abudallah Kamel:

>When they told me that Casios were used by Al Qaeda and the watch was for explosives, I was shocked... If I had known that, I would have thrown it away. I'm not stupid. We have four chaplains [at Guantanamo]; all of them wear this watch.

Attached: Al_Qaida_watch_timer_on_perf_board_84071_-abc.jpg (440x993, 289K)

>WATER RESIST
>NOT suitable for showering, bathing, swimming, snorkeling, water related work and fishing
kek nice water resistance, faggot

Attached: osama-bin-laden-wearing-a-casio-f-91w.jpg (1040x1040, 374K)

water proof ≠ water resistant

Attached: waterproof-vs-water-resistant-833x540.jpg (833x540, 72K)

i don't exactly know why but that is the standard for all watches, if it just says a few meters you are not really supposed to even swim in the pool with it. That's all watches, yes it's stupid

Nothing. Just another watch.

By the way, the one on the picture is fake. Evident by the different small fonts and low quality print. Here is a comparison. The one on the right is fake. Left is legit.

burningimage.net/genuine-and-fake-casio-f91w/

Attached: f91w_ - 2.jpg (4032x3024, 852K)

C-can I play with you guys...?

Attached: 71i4RFZah2L._UY550_.jpg (329x550, 29K)

Sure, just give me a couple of terrorist attacks you were part of.

What the fuck is this? That doesn't look right.

Attached: 1289990156549.jpg (180x129, 7K)

linking a japanese watch to a fat pedo jew, you can't really be this desperate can you?

can someone please explain the fascination behind these? besides them being cheap to buy

thinkpad of watches

>it is popular for its simplicity, reliability, and unpretentious clean design

Attached: Obama using a Casio F-91W.jpg (960x550, 112K)

>kek nice water resistance, faggot
I went swimming in the north see with mine, multiple times without any issues.

>but that is the standard for all watches
For all cheap non-diving watches.

>The designer of the F91w once said having sex with a 17yo girl is OK
and?

Cheap beaters that can survive almost anything you throw at it.
Liked by people who do shit where their watch is likely to break like DIY-fags/tradies, military grunts etc.
Also a bit of terrorist chic.

>carbon square G-shock
Based. I have the M5610, but that carbon version is probably the best watch Casio makes.

Geezer is still with Casio and is now their head of watch design.

Attached: casio-ryusuke-moriai-g-shock-1500x1000[1].jpg (1500x1000, 148K)

Richard Stallman has just been cancelled for suggesting that some woman Epstein supposedly sex-trafficked at 17 might have been a voluntary prostitute.

In the media's eyes, and the eyes of the fucking shithole that open development has become, that's being "pro-rape", so he's fucked.

a literal god

Who would fake the cheapest watch on the market?

Super based

i've worn mine in the shower everyday for the past five years and it still works. i also clean it by leaving it in a bowl of soapy water before scrubbing it.

best designer

one of these fuckers that lasted me ten years spent a night at the bottom of a ten foot deep pool, get outta here with that "not actually waterproof" crap

dear god, I hate american so much...

only because your retarded laws and social norms tell you a 18yo is not able to consent that doesn't become reality necessarely.
Here in Europe there are place where you can fuck a 14yo. I fucked a 16yo once when I was 24, my only regret is that she was not 14.
fuck you

It's not that cheap. In Brazil it costs around R$ 100,00 with shipping. That's 1/10 of the brazilian minimum wage. I can buy a lot of things with that money. A vacuum cleaner, a fan, two simple multimeters, a third of my month's food expense.

Attached: 126974573542.png (830x388, 635K)

I sport an F-84W because it's more Japanese.

Reminds me of classic japanese drift cars.

Attached: f-84w-1-hf.jpg (800x800, 117K)

How is the F-91W an improvement over that though? Seems to have the same features, looks basically the same.

>Richard Stallman has just been cancelled for suggesting that some woman Epstein supposedly sex-trafficked at 17 might have been a voluntary prostitute.

What's so shocking about that? The average loss of viginity for a female in the west is 15.5 years with sluts doing it even sooner than that.

It's not odd that after 3 years of banging teenagers a slut decides to whore herself for a large pay

For me, it's the Casio F-105.

Attached: reloj-casio-f-105w-iluminator-crono-alama-calendario-30m-wr-12606-MLA20062906167_032014-F.jpg (600x600, 207K)

how's battery life on F-91W?

I've had mine for about three years now and it's still going strong. Also I took it scuba diving.

too blue, but the illuminator must be so good to have.

I prefer it over the green LED, but the aesthetics of the F-91W are timeless

I'd go for this if it wasn't the F-91W, it has illuminator and better water resistance.

Attached: w-86-1vqes[1].jpg (1000x1194, 103K)

According to Wikipedia, 7 years with heavy use (daily use of alarm, light). Low use can increase it to 10 years.

Attached: watch_battery_replacement_for_casio_f91w_or_f94w_1544723214_db01cfc3.jpg (800x800, 67K)

is2.Jow Forums.org/wsg/1568743386918.webm

cool, thanks

Repent

*laughs in W800H*

Attached: 81saSGJ7gRL._AC_UL1500_.jpg (862x1500, 128K)

the aoc is determined by the state. many of them are below 18.

Is it backlit? Because the Casio website says it's just an LED.

it actually overperforms in most cases

>resin
>sweaty within 30 minutes
Pig disgusting

Go for the a159w which is a carbon copy except it is in metal

Also looks weird af to have a dress watch with a sports watch face.

Aside from the strap (which tends to go before the battery gives in my experience) the watch is pretty good. Minimalist, clean design, with no hassle. I do much prefer the watch though simply for the larger screen display.

What's a decent, inexpensive G-Shock and how good are the straps on those?

Attached: 1538401637298.jpg (3264x2448, 1.68M)

Fucking minimalist zoomer scum.

>El backlight

Found this beautiful analog. What does Jow Forums think?

Attached: Citizen TZ20797P.jpg (1200x900, 186K)

yes

Attached: 1561422939636.jpg (921x883, 85K)

how long is the strap? cant find any concrete answers.

What is that watch he's holding?

It was based & redpilled

>What is that watch he's holding?
$500 full metal 5600

the DW5600 g-shock is like $40 and does all the basic g-shock shit. i've been wearing the GWM5600, which is the same but with solar power and atomic time, every day for like 4 years and the strap has held up just fine.

Attached: casio-DW5600-screw-back-g-shock-mens-watch.jpg (400x225, 17K)

>The Casio F-91W is a digital watch manufactured by Japanese electronics company Casio. Introduced in 1989, it is popular for its simplicity, reliability, and unpretentious clean design. Due to this reason, it is still in production with the same design. Annual production of the watch is 3 million units per year. The F-91W is a part of the Casio F-series watches.
why doesn't the stopwatch count up to 1 hour
that 70s technology

its more accurate thn +- 30 seconds a month imo

Incelluminator
It looks like complete shit and is almost twice as expensive as the Chad-91w. Additionally, the strong backlight can betray your position during nighttime combat.
>soulless
>unpretentious
that's the key. F-91 doesn't peacock like 99% of all other watches (including G-Schlocks), it's pure functionality.
It looks like you need to impress someone. Indulge your vanity with things that are actually useful, like cars or guns.
It always overperforms. You can shower with it daily and go swimming with it. Some divers treat theirs with oil and take it 50m.
this is an acceptable substitute and much nicer looking than the Incelluminator, but
>better water resistance
meme. There is virtually no actual difference despite the marketing/rating.

so what you're saying is, that we should set the age of consent to a small percentile of self reported 'age of first sexual contact' and call it a day?

>tfw own and wear a rolex explorer 1142700

it just works

I own one of these. Its pretty nice and cheap though its not too comfortable and the buttons are mushy. But yeah, its great for checking the time on the fly, which is what a watch should do, nothing stupid.

Why is the 5600 so fucking big? Why can't they make a gshock that is the size of the f91?

See

The power for the piezo buzzer is enough to activate a bomb.

Attached: Osama_was_an_anime_watcher,_fapped_to_Bible_Black,_and_played_Final_Fanasty_VII_and_80's_anime_ (927x2558, 2.01M)

yeah but your shithole favela country isn't a good benchmark for the civilized world.

You think Osama lurked on Jow Forums?

For me, its the aq-s800w

Attached: AQ-S800W-1BVEF.jpg (500x500, 64K)

She's been serving me well.

Attached: d712b991-2f16-4222-ad12-cf17f993f0c0..jpg (3024x3992, 1.9M)

Have been wearing one since 13 (8 years since Jow Forums memed me into getting it) and the wrist straps are the worst part since they can either break or get worn out (last watch's straps lasted 4 years)

Have this and the og one, almost literally never used the calculator on it but it feels more comfortable then the smaller watch

this thread made me feel nostalgic as fuck ; memories of reading SICP and trying to install Gentoo as a middle school kid - are warm and make me a bit depressed
thanks for reading my blog post

Hello Jow Forumsentleman, reading this thread i have become the urge to buy myself a casio f91w, but i don't know which exact model
There are 1yef, 1yer,1xy and 1cr
There are resin and rubber arm bands, which model should i pick
Also i know there are full metal in gold silver ones, with metal arm bands, can you tell me the name?

pic so hot it probably is nsfw

can you put them on nato strap?

>Here in Europe there are place where you can fuck a 14yo. I fucked a 16yo once when I was 24, my only regret is that she was not 14.
you are a pedophile

I need a Jow Forums watch. Is this a good option?

literally first thing anyone going though the military training buys if they can't afford or don't want to kill a g-shock

>When they told me that Casios were used by Al Qaeda and the watch was for explosives, I was shocked... If I had known that, I would have thrown it away.

He was G-SHOCKED yeah

They do, it's the F-91W.

>Also i know there are full metal in gold silver ones, with metal arm bands
No, they're shiny plastic user.

anyone?

He didn't say that. He said that they pretended to be willing to not get punished.

If somebody would integrate a BT heartrate monitor in this that I could link up to my Google Fit app, I would buy.

You can put a nato strap on any watch, you just have to get the right width.

thanks

It did a job perfectly for very little expense, it's basically an example of the Unix philosophy but in hardware.