/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Welcome to /fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about Windows and share their experiences.

This is NOT Windows vs any other OS thread.
*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly Windows Thread ***

Tell us about tools, utilities, configs, tips and tricks that make your life with Windows (more) bearable (or even pleasant).

>Choosing, downloading, installing, activating windows / office
rentry.co/fwt

>LTSC 2019 ISO optimization & debloating
rentry.co/ltsc_optimized

>recommended windows software (infograph)
s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/g/image/1562/46/1562467997749.png (embed) (embed)

>windows 7 updates to avoid
pastebin.com/a1htBUby (embed) (embed)

>windows 7 ricing guide (nanami-tan fork)
namazso.github.io/nanami-tan/

previous thread:

Attached: sukumizu_nanami.jpg (970x1600, 445K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/2019/09/03/what-is-the-best-free-archiver-to-extract-archives-and-compress-files
github.com/stax76/mpv.net
chocolatey.org/packages/mpvnet.install
github.com/lukesampson/scoop-extras/blob/master/bucket/mpv.net.json
github.com/alanfox2000/repack_NVIDIAGeforceGraphicsDriver
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where's the penis????

Faggot

Faggot

Faggot

Faggot

Faggot

Faggot

Faggot

Faggot

Faggot

Faggot
Windows sucks, kys yourself shill.

KEK windows is gay

Faggot

faggot
KEK FUCK WINDOWS

Die in a fire faggot

friendly reminder: this is the recommended archive program now.

ghacks.net/2019/09/03/what-is-the-best-free-archiver-to-extract-archives-and-compress-files

Attached: serveimage.png (280x140, 6K)

Faggot

Nigger

Shill

Don't forget that mpv.net is the new kin/g/ of windows media players. It is an mpv front-end made for newcomers.

Source:
github.com/stax76/mpv.net

Chocolatey: chocolatey.org/packages/mpvnet.install

Scoop: github.com/lukesampson/scoop-extras/blob/master/bucket/mpv.net.json

Attached: sketch-1567727375479.png (1280x720, 674K)

>not using PAQ8 or ZPAQ

That's not a sukumizu, faggot

>he thinks I'll switch when I've already paid for winrar

Fellas... should I use the standard nvidia drivers or the dch version?

github.com/alanfox2000/repack_NVIDIAGeforceGraphicsDriver

I visit these shitty threads just for this dumb slut.

Attached: nf8nw84z.jpg (1032x1927, 533K)

i want to nakadashi nanami-chan

>not being able to preview archive files from the context menu.

Attached: bandizip-context3.png (730x333, 18K)

remember to filter the following md5s:

#bandizip shill
/2noxmKDugYpgMXBFw6wEyQ==/
/0vdch1oBcx+FkjZ/Wue0+w==/
/LibbgkP8ZPjnX92I5//Luw==/
/AaqKwT6PfEqaD0PLIVSWIw==/
/Ef6G/+PkuC5TRpxQvRdnGA==/
/F4zSWHdSFfWOplSiQfh3CA==/
/AaqKwT6PfEqaD0PLIVSWIw==/
/LibbgkP8ZPjnX92I5//Luw==/

not sure if i trust these, there's an useless license file in the repo, no scripts to build the exes on the releases section (therefore they are not reproducible).

You trust Windows enough to install. You also trust official vendor drivers. what is the difference with these?

you mean what's the difference in trust between a multibillion dollar company and a random anonym person on github?

Yes. At this point, both entities are strangers to you.

Aight so if I just want to install ltsc (without the optimization or whatever), can I just download the ltsc eval iso from m$ site and activate with kms vl all?

Faggot

no, eval cant be activated. see the /fwt/ guide for latest iso, dont forget to check hash.

>gnu is now bad because pedo
>installed windows
>updater has failed over and over
>download manual updater
>it fails too
the fucks happening? cant ms steal some update code from debian or gentoo?

Hey buddy, I think you've got the wrong door, the free software thread's two blocks down

Attached: cba1c-3x8s9.jpg (765x1920, 168K)

is there any real reason to go from /comfy/ win7 to win10 LTSC if all I do on my windows boot is gayyms and occasionally msword?

yes, games will be among the first to drop support for win7. also, security.
really, unless it is a trashable vm you should never run unupdated / unsupported windows

stop hanging onto your "safe space" OS and learn how to use something new. LTSC works perfectly for majority of people who don't need any MS Store crap, has less than 80% of the crap bundled in Pro. Just download the ISO (links in OP's post) and toss it in Virtualbox and try to use your software before taking the plunge.

why would you actually use a ltsc release on a desktop?

why wouldn't you?

because it provides stability and doesnt randomly break from feature upgrades every half years.
before i had LTSC it broke all 3 times i tried normally upgrading

This. I have used Windows since XP and I can tell you is that LTSC is what the consumer version should have been.

Why not? It uses the 1809 build. Has stability, 10 years of security updates. Less bloat than other versions and finally it is compatible with most software out there.

well since it's not the default option you'd need some reasons to pick it rather then the default one, not the other way around

yes, you have to go out of your way to find & choose LTSC, there's a reason why MS hides it from consumers.

Cause LTSC 2019 is based.

Attached: ltsc.png (2560x1440, 767K)

Linux kernel when?
I tried docker edge with wsl2 and it's even slower than current docker for windows.

пидop

N-Nanami is Smart, SMART!

Why doesn’t she have a penis?

Dont you have to dilate?

Faggot

Not really, unless you care about "muh security updates" or "muh potential lack of support for future gayms". Sure, you do have to slipstream drivers into the ISO beforehand if you wish to install windows 7 on modern hardware, but that small hindrance aside, it's a completely usable OS.

Attached: nnm.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Faggot

>completely outdated OS
ftfy

Don't worry, BZ supports that as well.

Attached: bz-association.png (719x469, 34K)

You're not convincing anyone, Bill.

Faggot

>muh 7
i used to think like you

Nadella*
ftty too. Also if I don't convice you know, don't worry time will.

>sedlauncher found my hdd again

MPC is dead. Long live the new kin/g/ mpv.net!

Attached: mpcweak.png (607x608, 330K)

PAJEETS DESTROYED WINDOWS. FUCK ALL PAJEETS.

*Nutella

trying my hand in doing that LTSC image, but keep getting errors like these. What am i doing wrong?

Attached: ab.jpg (661x523, 115K)

start over with fresh files from the LTSC ISO (do not re-run W10UI on same files more than once), let's start from there.

also, have you verified SHA-1 on the ISO?

Attached: Untitled.png (453x256, 6K)

dammit hiromoot

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-17_21-57-56.png (589x531, 127K)

This is the second time, and i started from the beginning, deleting everything and starting with fresh files. I did verify the SHA-1 and i got one on the table that has 0 size, i don't know if that is a bad thing or not.

i do know W10UI is sensitive to having Explorer windows open, so ensure they're all closed before you start. just to clarify, what exactly are you doing with W10UI? integrating CUs? Add .NET 3.5? what else?

I thought i was doing everything exactly as it was on the tutorial, but is it really necessary to be on Win10 to do this? I thought i could do this with the DISM and Oscdimg files.

fire up a 10 VM and do it that way if your computer is powerful enough, I guess I didn't recognize those 7 scroll bars in your cmd window. i haven't been on 7 in ages so it may be necessary for ADK to run properly

What happened to the
Loading personal and system profiles took over 9000ms

message?
It seems to have been gone for a while, maybe after upgrading to 1903. Loading powershell seems to have gotten faster, but I would still like to know how long it took. Anyone know how to get it back?

OP give me your madobe image stash i need it for anatomy class

>dumb slut

Attached: 1444145830877.jpg (720x480, 398K)

windows is fucking gay posted from my mac

is that stuff new? haven't updated my LTSC partition in ages

fuck off, baljeet

Seething appletoddler.

Kys

Faggot

Maricón

I am relatively tech inept
I was installing the 1903 update since my laptop told me tl
It was stuck at 21% for an hour so i, the retard, forced a shutdown
Now i turn it on and it is stuck reverting changes for half and hour
What are the chances i fucked up ireversibly?

what do /fwt/ think about windows embedded 8.1 vs win 10 ltsc? I have been thinking to install a windows but couldn't decide between those two

>what do /fwt/ think about windows embedded 8.1 vs win 10 ltsc? I have been thinking to install a windows but couldn't decide between those two
Embedded 8.1 (and any Windows build after Windows 7 & before Windows 10 1709) has a bug that limits your VRAM to 4 GB in DirectX9 mode, LTSC 2019 doesn't have this problem anymore because it's based on 1809 build, also if you disable UAC on 8.1 then the Metro apps (even basic system ones) won't work anymore.

what is the best open source music player on windows?
ive been using pic related (vlc + a winamp skin) for some time now and ive been enjoying it since i only play the files i get from a youtube playlist fed to youtube-dl

Attached: file.png (562x247, 45K)

>vram limitation
hopefully (or unfortunately) this won't affect me since I have a laptop with integrated graphics and only 4 GB of ram
> uac and metro apps
this doesn't bother me much either but I think there is a solution for this through editing some files in regedit

thank you user. the reason I would like to install win 8.1 over 10 ltsc was lack of storage space

Bög

im technologically retarded how do i make my desktop look cool

install gentoo

Faggot

I was installing ltsc 2019 and the Intel hd driver took a whole day to download. It's everyday life when we are talking Windows 10.

reddit go home

Attached: 1549392724365.png (656x688, 587K)

I grabbed it and it's barely any different, just an added context menu, I don't get the hype

Faggot

There's no hype, just a shill.

underrated

because it just werks.

Attached: ty90j2bJYU.png (1920x1080, 904K)

Attached: replied.jpg (882x624, 72K)