I'm gonna do it

My antergos install is starting to fall apart, tell me why shouldn't I use fedora

Attached: Fedora_logo.svg.png (1024x1024, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F30_bugs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because CentOS is better.

It's as unstable and bugged as arch

>t. tards
Make sure to install the Xfce spin for optimal user experience

Centos doesn't have xfce as default

I doubt that

install mint

Attached: 1551845248301.png (201x250, 5K)

Wait for fedora 31 next month

Because Arch is better.

You should, it's great.

install its successor EndeavorOS instead

fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F30_bugs

because

Thats a small list of bugs and i havent encountered any of them(maybe the logging one, but i dont care enough to check)

Couldn't I just upgrade locally?

Best distro I've ever used, it's the industry standard for a reason.
This is what you come to when you're finally tired of ricing out tiling window managers and endlessly tinkering with shit in Gentoo.

it's not gentoo
install gentoo

why not funtoo tho?

Of course you could. Ignore the user.

this and realizing that ricing is a ghetto activity

Attached: 1550380399301.png (546x231, 13K)

>My antergos
Just install Arch, faggot.

Idk but for me Fedora feels like the only "real" Linux-based OS. Something that I would not be ashamed to show me 8/10 blonde gf.

tranny64.elf
gnome and kde are buggy messes, hopefully KDE will stop using desynchronised timers as if it was valid "vsync" one day...

Sorry I don’t want to use programs that are 5 years old

Use VoidLinux instead

i installed it to try it out
>prompts to add GOOGLE, MICROSOFT, some other bullshit
>uninstalled

not a fedora fan
but what are you talking about?

If you install the default workstation (not one of the spins) you'll get an introduction window that guides you through some basic setup steps. One of those steps allows you to add online accounts (Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Nextcloud, etc.). It's a GNOME thing.

Attached: Screenshot.png (980x682, 42K)

is there any way to sidegrade from gnome to xfce? (i mean in a way supported by the distro, obviously i can do it manually)
I installed fedora a week ago and i'm too lazy to do it again

>reinstalling the OS to use a different DE
The literal state of Jow Forums

stupid ricer

I'll spoonfeed you just because youre upgrading to Xfce: dnf install @xfce-desktop-environment

Different DEs are available via package groups. For example to install Xfce use one of the following
dnf group install xfce-desktop-environment
dnf install @xfce-desktop-environment

Same can be used to uninstall GNOME (gnome-desktop), although (as always) be careful not to remove important packages you want to keep.

thanks, i'm going to install lxde instead

there is no reason to not use fedora

except the lack of an LTS release, and the existence of more bleeding edge distros. as with everything, depends on your use-case

Did they really dump xorg completely? I remember reading that that was the plan some time ago.

does tumbleweed still suck when it comes to propietary packages? I remember I used it someday and the lack of at least a 3rd party repo for propietary stuff was fucking annoying.

It's really buggy except if you use gnome.
And i prefer to use xfce so i use arch instead , but i'm in the middle of making my pc a hackintosh

i highly doubt so, unless they can make every program work with wayland

ahhhh now my screen is tearing

installing a new environment fucked up my clipboard somehow goddamnit

Autism

i have a shitty amd integrated gpu and i manage not to have tearing.
how the fuck do you manage to break this?

i literally just installed the lxde and xfce environments and tried both of them.
I think lxde broke my clipboard and it started working again after I uninstalled it. I blame X for the screen tearing.

this is the kind of dumbass that browses this garbage board and shits on gnome lmao
literally read the fucking manual retard.
package manager 101

>package manager 101
it's a different set of command in every package manager you smoothbrain

shit youre right
i would maybe start with the manager your distro uses

>man package-manager
>wanting to be spoonfed
fuck off retard

The real question is, If you're used to antergos, why arent't you using Arch?

no u

I never had much of an issue installing nvidia drivers and proprietary codecs when I tried tumbleweed a month ago

Cant use brave however

You should install openSUSE Tumbleweed instead. If you install Fedora 30 now it will have to be reinstalled or roll the dice with an update to Fedora 31. Or you could roll the dice and install Fedora 31 Beta. Which could have instabilities.

Of you could just embrace the lizard.

Attached: geeko.jpg (397x500, 69K)

>It's as unstable and bugged as arch
HAHA oh wow

Use whatever you want. It's your computer.

For me it's clear Linux

Don't do it, fedora is a pain in the ass. Convert your install back to arch by removing the ant repos, you'll need to reinstall the packages from antergos

Worse

Well, there's your problem right there you fucking brainlet. You didn't install Microsoft? Of course you have to install Microsoft.

Because OpenSUSE exists.

You should yus fedora because once their mascot was a hotdog

You should not use fedora because what's the point if you're not using gnome, and if you're using gnome, then... what's the point.

CentOS with gnome 3 is the shit.

>Antergos
>why shouldn't I use fedora

‘Cause it’s not Arch my boy. Give Arch a try.

Install Gentoo

But unironically
I've been using Gentoo for 6 months and it's by far the best distro I've ever used, you learn so much and you never have to reconfigure your system 8000 times after configuring something, it's also incredibly stable, it just werks.

Op here, I did it
Only problem so far is that forbsome reason firefox doesn't want to sync stuff, and of course it happens the one time I didn't do a manual export as well
I switched from arch because of muh distro hopping and setting up multiple keyboard layouts was a huge pain in the ass

OP you sound like a faggot that should be using Ubuntu

t. xshe

dnf swap @gnome-desktop @xfce-desktop-enviroment

>enviroment

People should be using Ubuntu in any case

>wanting barack ubuntu anywhere near your system

Sorry, but I prefer up to dat packages as a default

Attached: gentoo-logo.png (666x800, 119K)

Don't know, I just prefer Debian/Ubuntu LTS.

it is by far the worst of the "mainstream" distributions