>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtu.be/hGiAfMoYEjI?t=92

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. 2400G/3400G may be worth to less likely require a CPU upgrade when adding a dGPU
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>Wait for Threadripper gen3 - Extreme overkill gaming with its larger cache
>R7 1700 - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do NOT use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660/TI / Vega56 - higher fps / more demanding games; only worth it on sale as normal cost is overpriced
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 70-100FPS+ gaming
>RX 5700XT - higher FPS
2160p (4K)
>RX 5700XT/2070S - budget option. Upscale with RIS/CAS
>2080Ti - best for 4K, but poor value

>RX 570/580 stock is becoming limited as RX 5600 launch approaches

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (g/free-sync) is important for gaming
>HDD are defunct except for servers, NAS, and sub-$400 builds; SSDs are cheap now
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss), and comparisons which only use averages and not 1% minimums nor framegraphs
>AM4 VRMs, Monitors & Storage/SSD guidelines under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1566937287564.jpg (710x400, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/zb8rx6
newegg.com/black-thermaltake-versa-h15-micro-atx-tower/p/N82E16811133347
newegg.com/black-silverstone-precision-series-ps15-micro-atx-tower/p/N82E16811163283
tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-650-g1-plus-psu,5661.html
newegg.com/black-thermaltake-core-v21-extreme-micro-atx-cube-chassis/p/N82E16811133274
newegg.com/p/N82E16811112407
pcpartpicker.com/user/high_tide_/saved/Krvk6h
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How did I do?

Attached: 00x0x_jal9AFc9crT_600x450.jpg (337x450, 36K)

ATTENTION: Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards; therefore, consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases. The gouging has two root causes: lack of market competition and shortage/"new normal" pricing during the mining hayday.

Couldn't have done better myself

>AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Wraith Prism LED RGB (3.6 GHz / 4.4 GHz)
>Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE
>G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 Go (2x 16 Go) DDR4 3200 MHz CL16
>Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500 Go
>Crucial MX500 2 To
>Seasonic FOCUS GX 650 Gold
>be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim
>Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 5700 XT 8G
>Gigabyte GC-WBAX200
For gaming (AAA games and emulation for PS2, PS3, Wii and other things) 1440p/144hz on Linux and work. Already got an aorus ad27qd. Want it to last 5+ years and probably wont OC. something better ? Went for double SSD since I dont wanna play games from my future NAS; dont have access to inland/sabrent/Adata, not available where I am so I took Crucial + samsung. Thanks for the help.

Attached: 1454612063000.jpg (222x260, 16K)

Not true.
5700/XT prices are comparable to 7850/7870 prices, which historically was great pricing for the time for the performance.

Even the dumb Nvidia shill, who started that psyops copy pasta, accidentally admitted this himself.

based and true

Do not buy ASrock and Gigabyte boards. Quality control between the two brands is simply too poor to justify the minor price differences between an ASUS or MSI board.
Do not buy Gigabyte GPUs, the fan bearings are of low quality and will fail soon after the warranty expires and even before then if using an aggressive fan curve.
Blower style reference cards should be avoided, with very few acceptable cases such as the 5700 vanilla.
Avoid Corsair PSUs, they are simply rebrands of other OEMs from other manufacturers, with their good PSUs literally being Seasonic anyways.
Unless if you can justify hoarding massive amounts of data on the cheap, don’t buy a HDD over an SSD. If you do, avoid Seagates.
Avoid Kingston SSDs they’re notoriously prone to failure. QLCs such as Intel’s 660p should not be used a boot drive due to massive performance losses when under constant use. They are however acceptable as storage.
There are only 3 ram manufacturers, Micron, SKHynix and Samsung, everyone else just puts heat spreaders and RGB just buy whatever’s the cheapest at the speeds you’re looking for. Performance gains is most notable between 2666mhz to 3000mhz and 3000mhz to 3200mhz is minimal at best.

>Performance gains is most notable between 2666mhz to 3000mhz and 3000mhz to 3200mhz is minimal at best.

Yeah but what about 3200 to 3600mhz?

3600 is 10 times better than 3200.

>MSI
>quality control

I should avoid x570 Gigabyte mobo?

Attached: 1508878864905.png (741x568, 43K)

what should I do if my GPU turns out to be a defective unit?

obviously return it for another one, what kind of answer are you expecting here

idk how return :(

Where'd you buy it from?

is the difference between a 2600 and 3600 impactful for 1080p gaming? I only wanna play Monster Hunter World and Planet Zoo.

My i5 3570k is already struggling at low settings in World despite being overclocked at 4.2ghz.

ebay

I'm also gonna upgrade my GPU. It's a 1050.

I wanna get a RX 590 since it's on sale in the online store I frequent. I'm just undecided about the CPU.

it's over for you

is anything bigger than 3600 even noticeable?

I mean can you really tell apart 3600 and 4800mhz?

does the am4 socket affect overall cpu cooler height in any way?

what

You'd have to see if the seller accepts returns so check the original listing in the purchases section of My Ebay

contact the seller
if they say fuck you contact the manufacturer
if they won't help deal with ebay support
ebay is happy to rape sellers, don't worry you'll be fine

i dont have an ebay account

then how the fuck did you buy it lmao

you get a guest account with your purchase, use that
sorry but I'm not going to help you anymore, you should be able to do the rest yourself

I dont have access to the email address I had the guest account from

not him but you can buy stuff as a guest

I'm pretty sure you can't buy without an account, if you can then you're a retard for not making one first and cornered yourself.

Attached: you activated my bait card.gif (480x360, 1.61M)

i just dont like keeping up with accounts

retard

pcpartpicker.com/list/zb8rx6

possible upgrade path? thought about adding a gpu (rx570 or 580), but do I need to change the cpu (to like a 2600) also?

is there any other option?

Speccy says my CPU is nearly 85c
HWinfo says my CPU is around 35c
Which do I believe? I'm inclined to believe HWinfo because my computer isn't shitting itself or shutting down.

Attached: 135315.png (927x446, 60K)

don't trust speccy it's garbage

newegg.com/black-thermaltake-versa-h15-micro-atx-tower/p/N82E16811133347
newegg.com/black-silverstone-precision-series-ps15-micro-atx-tower/p/N82E16811163283
which one
5700 pulse and 3600

speccy can't into ryzen temps

EVGA SuperNOVA G3
EVGA Supernova G+
Seasonic Focus Plus
SeaSonic X Series

They are all 650W Gold rated. Which one is the best most reliable?

Attached: 1435192668046.jpg (960x828, 26K)

Please respond, what else can I do?

the one with the longest warranty

They all got 10 years.

what are the prices on them?

Sounds like you're fucked desu.

seasonic not close, those are fsp psus from evga

why

If they're all the same ish price, why not get the newer ones?

The G+ is an upgraded G1, for example, and the G3 is supposedly even quieter and smaller than that due to the redesign

dont bother replying to him, he already got useful replies but wants everything spoonfed

Maximum price difference across all of those is like 10$ so I just want the best.

Are you saying seasonic is better.
I don't get what you said.

So G3 is supposedly better than G1+?
From what I've read though G1+ is newer. Pretty confusing.

>Maximum price difference across all of those is like 10$ so I just want the best.
focus plus
no offense to evga but seasonic is fucking tried and tested
so are evga, but less so
you honestly cant go wrong with any of them unless you get a defective unit, but seasonic is autistic about their psus like noctua are autistic about their fans

Re-sell it to another retard on Ebay, advertise it as free shipping and drop 10 bucks, better lose 20 bucks than 200

Is 4k mhz Ram a meme?

depends on the platform

Can i contact the seller in anyway? its newegg

reminder that you can
>buy a prebuilt with an identical part to yours from amazon or walmart or whatever
>replace your dead component with the one from the prebuilt
>send it back and get a refund because it wasnt working
>get a new part for free
works every time

not everywhere will give full refunds if something doesn't work, they may just repair it and send it back

Attached: Spicy.jpg (1024x1276, 164K)

If you have a bay, pop one of these babies to run your fans. Positive is since the probe from the unit is from a wire you set next to your CPU under the heat sink, you will have a good second system guess at what the temps are. In fact, my fan controller is always accurate to within a degree of my hardware sensors

Attached: 61nkY1O-HSL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x1200, 107K)

Oh, i misread

tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-650-g1-plus-psu,5661.html

Turns out the g3 does better than the g1+ all around even though it is newer

AMD
AMD
AMD

Speccy is very old at this point, last update was over a year ago, HWinfo in July

How so?

World drops off hard below 4c/8t. Both those choices should be workable with it. The biggest difference between the two that you would see is in IPC, but I don't think I've ever seen the game tested in that regard.

I my framerate in world more that doubled going from a i5-4960k to 3700x. I get a solid 60+ on high (minus volumetric fog) now with a 290x.
Don't know about planet zoo.

every platform uses ram differently, how much benefit you get from higher clock ram and lower latency changes depending on the platform and use case
it also matters how many cores, what architecture, etc
you pretty much have to look up platform specific benchmarks

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (750x750, 181K)

How should I interpret this?

Is the difference significant enough to be noticeable?

I could get a b450 tomahawk max for half the price of a x570 would I loose CPU speed and RAM speed?

Attached: x570.png (1311x746, 408K)

newegg.com/black-thermaltake-core-v21-extreme-micro-atx-cube-chassis/p/N82E16811133274

Anyone got the image breakdown of cpu cooler with temperature and noise?

That's cool and all but I need something with good airflow and able to fit in carry on luggage for airplanes.
Those two I linked seem really good for what Im looking for.

please respond.

what is serial number

newegg.com/p/N82E16811112407

something the apes at these sellers dont check

>well then lets just boot up our diagnostics and see what's going on here
>hold on the hardware ids are all wrong
>looks like we got some trouble here boys

you're definitely getting closer
good size but can't fit my 5700 pulse or my mATX mobo

they dont often track parts in prebuilt rigs, you need to claim it just not work, you dont tell them "oh yeah, I believe its these 2 particular parts, my gpu and ssd", you just play the dumb card, like an old man from Florida who wants to get on with the times

any news on those low end navi cards?

this was too patronizing of a reply I lost interest in helping you sorry

Can you help me instead?

well sorry for being patronizing, have a good day I guess

pcpartpicker.com/user/high_tide_/saved/Krvk6h

This is the build i currently have, just put togther and the PC turns on, does not display hopwver. I do not have a DVI cable, as I just have a 60Hz monitor. Is the PSU not strong enough? Is it probably an issue with the graphics card? Does it default to DVI and so it won't display via HDMI? I'm at a loss

More like "Hey Tim, this PC wont turn on, what should we do?" and Tim is all like "Just give him a refound with on Store Credit Bill, same as always"

Hypothetically speaking, how much would the rx 5700 (non xt) pulse last at 1440p? In my country its a much better deal than any other card

What do you think of this build?

The 2070s might be swapped to a 5700xt depending on price.

Attached: build2.png (830x643, 48K)

No, check back in next year.

october, I expect a press release that announces small navi, threadripper, and the 3950x sometime within a week or two

but then again I'm retarded

are the asus x570 boards good? i'm reading the newegg reviews and there seems to be a good number of people having issues.

Attached: mysterious.png (640x360, 374K)

>implying tim and bill are working at an oem warehouse
more like ahmed, rasheed, and sanchez

boomer here, recommend me some good cases with 3.5" bays

Attached: IMG-20190907-WA0023.jpg (700x520, 58K)

excellent all around build, yea you can choose the 5700 xt or the super that's whether you prefer value or the nvidia monopoly features
also I hate that case, but that's me

why the fuck would a modern graphics card do any of that, are you connecting it via HDMI? Check if your monitor is set to the correct input which corresponds to a HDMI port. It has nothing to do with your PSU.

if you're getting this nice of a build I would get an x570 motherboard and do it right, is that in your budget

Truth.

>5700/XT prices are comparable to 7850/7870 prices
They are not. Out of all the dumb things you've claimed, like that the 5700/XT has more transistors and therefore has a different kind of SP, or that a 2070 Super was $600 (it wasn't; it was $500), this is one of the dumbest.

The $250 HD 7850 was slightly worse the previous single chip flagship, the HD 6970, and matched Nvidia's $500 single chip flagship, the GTX 580.

The $200 RX 480 was less than 5% worse than a GTX 980, while the $330+ RX 5700 is only 1% better than a GTX 1080. The base 5700 is the worst value offender, unfortunately.

The $380 GTX 1070 was 15% BETTER than a 980Ti, the $400+ RX 5700XT is 10% WORSE than a 1080Ti

How stupid can you possibly be to claim that this is the "Now is the best time to buy a $300-$450 GPU since GCN first launched and shook up prices in 2011/2012." This is just memes

Tl;dr: $350 should equal last gen XX80Ti, $250 should be better than a XX80. Neither one of those conditions are met with the 5700/XT

Attached: perfrel.gif (400x1227, 77K)

>are the asus x570 boards good
some are some aren't, really depends on your price bracket
DO NOT TRUST NEWEGG REVIEWS
>DO NOT TRUST NEWEGG REVIEWS
DO NOT TRUST NEWEGG REVIEWS
>DO NOT TRUST NEWEGG REVIEWS
they are highly unreliable

hardware unboxed did a rundown on x570 boards, you can check out his videos for your price bracket to be walked through the features and get a rec

c700p

rtx 2000 is such a disaster of a launch that people have forgotten how gpus used to advance over time

Oh no, I've tested different HDMI cables, I have two identical 60Hz monitors but they only have HDMI and VGA; The PC turns on but does not display. It's not an issue with the port or the cable. My friend suggested maybe the PSU is a little underpowered but i checked two websites that both said the total power consumption would only be ~400W. I'm at a loss. I have it open right now and the graphics card appears to be hooked up correctly internally.

Just to confirm, you have the Hdmi cable plugged into the video card rather than the motherboard, right?

If so, is the VGA light on your motherboard on?

you actually add the two, your CPU is 120C