Is this real or just a meme

Is this real or just a meme

Attached: 20190917_143951.png (540x804, 95K)

For basic use raspi is enough. so real I guess.

They're missing the point of the raspi, but that's to be expected, low-end hardware has gotten so powerful even a throwaway SoC can be used as your main computer.

Uuuu.

Attached: uuuuuu.png (480x523, 23K)

isn't rpi4 the new housefire hardware? you're better off buying proper low end hardware which will keep the chip temperature below 30 celsius

Attached: 1568658408003.jpg (809x541, 65K)

people watercool their rpi

I heard that it has overheating issues and could use a fan.

If you're rich, this is the best every day computing machine.
>Super light
>Better display than buying a monitor
>No fans, no sounds ever
>Metal API makes the low specs not matter
>Poor people can't afford it

Forgot the pic. How humiliating. This wouldn't have happened if I had been posting from my macbook instead of an inferior desktop PC.

Attached: 897g.png (1920x2419, 3.28M)

UwU

I guess, like maybe, you should like....put a fan on it?

Attached: 1568679563219.jpg (4000x4000, 1.32M)

This shit isn't even doing what a crappy atom can do, it's mostly a meme
Fucking ARM in general is a meme, ARM isn't that much more power efficient than x86, most of the power savings you see is just from ARM CPUs being weaker

Depends on your case, FLIR case is supposed to be pretty good.

In terms of CPU power it's probably, what, equivalent to a Core2 series processor? Thats enough for most desktop and web use i suppose.

isn't it like $40 though

Can you use an hdd with that?

>ARM isn't that much more power efficient than x86
x86 in a phone?

FLIR case is something like $15

X86 was tried on a phone, Zenphone 2 I think
Problem with x86 is that it lacks many of the ASIC hardware you find on ARM SoCs
Most ARM CPUs have many ASICs/DSPs for video decoding/encoding, image processing among other things, many tasks done on a phone don't even touch the actual ARM cores
With the x86 phone most everything had to be ran purely in software on the phone's Intel CPU which isn't power efficient and lead to pretty poor battery life

Can I install XP on it?

Why would you ever want to do that?

fan
>

Technically you could emulate, but it would be unbearably slow.

this shit over heat all the freaking time and will throttle all the time too. It's worthless because of that.
I guess raspberry foundation hired apple engineers, noone can be more retarded than the negative-iq engineers that previously worked at apple.

Based

I dunno, bit of fun.

So I can play games