What the hell, why is it impossible to create a Windows 10 bootable drive from linux...

What the hell, why is it impossible to create a Windows 10 bootable drive from linux? WoeUSB gives an error that was "fixed"

I'm using manjaro, pic related is what WoeUSB tells me?
( I am using NTFS )

Attached: file.png (483x332, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ah shit, wrong error
> pic related is the actual error

Attached: file.png (649x629, 66K)

because you are literally a noob. dont use software. Just format the USB to FAT32 or ntfs. then just extract the iso file to the usb and you are done.

I formatted to NTFS and copied all the windows 10 files, it doesn't boot into windows and it gives me the nice blue screen "Your windows is broken"

I even tried dd

Attached: file.png (680x510, 33K)

Format usb to fat32 and copy all files inside iso to it.
That Works For me.

It's windows 10, it's 5gb :(

Attached: 1558027085655.jpg (1014x1024, 60K)

nigga I bought a 16gb usb in 2010 for like 12 dollars at Walmart

Dude, do you know the fact that fat32 can't have files bigger than 4gbs on it?

He's not saying copy the iso to a fat32 filesystem, he's saying copy everything IN the iso to a fat32 filesystem. So that shouldn't be a problem.

Then don't use fat32 nigger

this creates a broken installer 95% of the time

UEFI can boot the extracted iso on exfat

Attached: file.png (831x48, 4K)

>dev/sdd
wrong target retard. you'd need su to wipe a drive even then woeusb will failsafe

um...

Attached: file.png (713x57, 10K)

thats an image containet derp

it's from inside of the ISO, downloaded from microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

/media/ not an installed device

than ms are retarded. wim is an image. to boot all you need is a header corresponding to the images fs

You have to run WoeUSB in the terminal with a certain command I can't remember. It's in their GitHub wiki.
>usb

Read Microsoft website it has info here.

Fuck guys, I tried everything and every single time it freezes during the booting of the Bootable USB, it freezes at the windows loading screen, I am desperate so I am going to try and install windows 7 now, hopefully it'll work

because you are a brainlet

>2 hours ago
Are tech support threads allowed now, then?

sounds good. it protects the stupid user.

Just trying to learn and see what's wrong so that the next time I know what to do.

sudo fdisk -l to check which drive it is (sdx in my example)
sudo mkfs.fat -F32 /dev/sdx && dd if=/path/to/windowsiso.iso | pv | dd of=/dev/sdx
You literal nigger.

this worked for me last time I wanted Windows 10 USB from Lunix. I eventually destroyed that installation and just went full blown Linux.

Attached: 1535408222855.png (692x816, 279K)

see

>pv
status=progress

I use Rufus in virtual box for all my USB media creation needs :^)

You have to format it as ntfs, and make sure you are using a DOS partition table. Very important. You can copy the installation files, but I prefer using 7zip.
7z x windows.iso /mnt

Flush disk buffers, and reboot. Then you're good.

Attached: 1514729070552.png (1066x600, 217K)

You don't need to do that. Literally copy and paste the files to the NTFS USB drive after mounting the iso.

Look I think we should help as many retards back to Windows as possible so they're not polluting the Linux environment.

dd if=your_windows.iso of=/dev/sdX status=progress

>I use Rufus in virtual box for all my USB media creation needs :^)

Attached: 1517759576989.jpg (900x900, 143K)

You can't do that, the partition requires a valid UDF signature for the installation to properly run

Because linux is a walled garden, no freedom to escape it

Do you even know how setting up a bootable usb works?

How do you flush disk buffers?