Why does everyone hate gnome so much?

decided to just install normal ubuntu and see how i felt about it, and i don't understand all the insane hate against the environment. sure, it looks bad and kinda like mac os at the beginning, but you can tweak it in a lot of ways; you can move the bar from the left to the bottom and can give it a windows like feel. you can turn off the animations to make it feel more instant and responsive. and with the gnome tweak tool you change the size of icons, making them smaller and more natural looking. you can basically get gnome to look and feel a lot like windows or a more "normal" environment. my layout know just feels like any other windows-type layout ive used. why does everyone act like it has to be kept at the same initial layout?

Attached: TQvggs1.jpg (1916x952, 192K)

It is a resource hog made for a pedophile

>It is a resource hog
I don't have any experience with Gnome, but this is why. XFCE requires substantially less resources.

>but you can tweak it in a lot of ways
The developers are actively working on destroying the ability to do that.

Every update removes features rather than adding them, and yet somehow it's still the most resource intensive DE.

perhaps it's changed since i haven't used it for years, but that windows 8 style bullshit where the start menu is full screen and window switching is full screen is just terrible.
i recall having two monitors and to change window both would go into the full screen menu.
at the time my second monitor was a wall mounted tv, so i couldn't do anything without disturbing whoever was watching it.
tl;dr it sucks, and only sucks slightly less once you configure it

Really? You think they want to get rid of the gnome tweak tools or ability to move the task bar, and stuff like that?

The tablet UI too.

GNOME always unresponsive on my laptop

The top bar is a waste of vertical real estate.

Back in time of Gnome 2 they had perfectly working DE. Then they felt for tablets meme and turned it into some kind of shitshow. And since then they pretty much ignored everyone that told them how stupid their idea of Gnome 3 was
Also pretty much this I was still using Gnome 3 first, because fallback mode was still working nicely and provided pretty much the same experience as Gnome 2, but each gnome update was breaking something. Both with fallback and classic mode that was introduced later I think.
Also systemd dependency was big shitshow. They pretty much dropped Gentoo support with it. Later Gentoo introduced systemd support and Gnome kind of dropped dependency, but it's still a mess. I just switched to Xfce and Mate later on and haven't got any regrets.

So mostly everyone hates Gnome because they pretty much ignored the opinion of the community.

>hamburger menus on a desktop system
Whoever had this idea has absolutely no business ever designing an user interface.

GNOME = Mac
KDE = Windows

next thing you know they're going to start calling Torvalds a pedophile and people will start witchhunting you just for using linux

>everyone
you mean the spergs on Jow Forums and Jow Forumslinux?

gnome is comfy

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-08 11-37-52.png (3840x1080, 3.61M)

Everytime I try it, this huge all-apps view with all the icons immediately turns me off. It looks so ugly, inconsistent and overloaded.

They are breaking compatibility with very popular extensions (some of which restore basic sane functionality to an otherwise cucked DE) with every release. They have no intention of keeping the system backwards compatible making it an arms race for developers to maintain their extensions, many of which just called it quits.
Good job, GNOME devs, this is how you ruin a formerly good DE.

my first distro has been fedora and i found gnome comfy, but if the devs will continue to remove features i'll switch to kde

KDE = windows or macos because you can actually customize it the way you want

or you can use anything else and not have to do all that crap to make it tolerable to use.

>Comparing a DE with an OS

Ubuntu has the worst Gnome. Try a distro that doesn't fuck it up with their half baked extensions.

Because they try to make Windows out of it, which it clearly isn't and doesn't even try to be. If you want Windows like desktop you can use literally any other mainstream DE.

But you can make gnome look like windows. You can put the toolbar on the bottom and everything and can also turn off animations

Because this isn't how it looks by default.

Attached: gnome_classic.png (1366x768, 442K)

>1366x768
is this still a thing in 2019