Is the unavailability of dark mode something that would make you stay away from an OS?

Is the unavailability of dark mode something that would make you stay away from an OS?

Attached: macos-mojave-system-preferences-general-dark-mode.jpg (1200x1218, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dukehealth.org/blog/myth-or-fact-people-light-eyes-are-more-sensitive-sunlight
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I fucking dare you, you could set all the colours you want since fucking first Windows versions till fucking Windows 7, the last version where classic Windows appearance was available. The same applies to fucking many Linux DEs before fucking GNOME 3.
After 2011 fucking every UI was focusing towards fucking braindead unicellular users, and only for them fucking dark themes may seem like something fucking new and fucking innovative.
Fuck you all, fucking dipshits, you have ruined desktop computing for a fucking long time.

Attached: more customizable than modern systems.png (800x601, 12K)

Just to be clear, you prefer the visual mess that is your pic related to a basic dark mode?

Light mode is unironically better for and easier on your eyes most of the time (unless you're in some dark environment). Only time you should use dark mode most of the time is when you have an OLED display or the dark mode is well lit (like twitter or discord).

No it's not. Wtf go ask an optometrist about what spending 8 hours a day staring at a bright fucking light does to your sight and come back to me. It's a short conversation bro

>No it's not. Wtf go ask an optometrist about what spending 8 hours a day staring at a bright fucking light does to your sight and come back to me
Turn your brightness down, gamer boy.

based and redpilled

no, a dark mode would want me to stay away from an os though, it's so fucking ugly, just like niggers

You're retarded. Yes looking at blue light is bad but its arguably worse if you have a massive lighting contrast where the rest of your room is light and you're trying to focus your eyes on something that is dark, your eyes dont know what the fuck to adjust to and go haywire

That's what I heard too.

You're a fucking idiot. You could just set your own colors to dark mode if you desired. Do the world a favor and Kys moron.

No, the unavailability of customization would.

Not being able to choose my favorite color is enough to keep me off an os.

I have never seen so much seething come out of one faggot

Stop the customization meme and get the work done, white man

What do you think dark mode is for?
What is contrast ratio?

>What do you think dark mode is for?
dark mode is impossible to read unless your brightness is all the fucking way up.

>What is contrast ratio?
I do not think your contrast ratio will work on the sun, user.

my OLED phones have always worked great in sunlight. Everything black except for text. Since 20 fucking 13 (Samsung note 3).

If you attempting to use a cheap laptop outside at noon then maybe dark mode isn't going to work great. However my xps13 has a legit 400 nit screen and it does ok

No it's not better or easier on your eyes. White colored light is of higher intensity than dark so dark will be less intensive to look at than light in in most scenarios. Of course provided the ambient lighting is sufficient, the difference isn't really there in terms of intensity.

Dark mode has no disadvantages other than readability difference, this is mostly subjective and isn't really a factor, while light mode has a huge disadvantage in scenarios were sufficient ambient lightning is not provided.

>massive lighting contrast where the rest of your room is light and you're trying to focus your eyes on something that is dark, your eyes dont know what the fuck to adjust to and go haywire

This is nonsensical. Your eyes do not work like that. For the rest of the people who are interested in this, put a black web page in a dark room on and compare it to a white web page and you'll see the difference in light intensity. This intensity can be reduced with ambient lightning, but light colors are at a clear disadvantage overall in variable lightning conditions.

name an OS without a dark mode
I dare you, niggers are everywhere.

Not for me, it's better no matter the lighting conditions. I always use dark mode whenever it is available since it is much easier on my eyes.

IDK about the other fella but I'm jewish.

Must be a nigger thing.

I'm not a nigger, and if anything it is proof of my whiteness. Blue eyes are much more sensitive to light since they lack melanin, we evolved in cold climates where the sun is very dim.

yellow and redpilled

My OS has had a dark mode for years, I'm sorry it took macOS so long to join us in the XXI century.

>not using dark mode in a pitch black room with minimum monitor brightness
it's like you don't even wanna be comfy

>readability difference
Yeah and your eyes end up having to work harder to read text, retard.

classic macos had themes before

Attached: EEhVC0SXUAAD_c3.jpg (210x150, 12K)

Looks very awesome.

If an OS did not allow me to customize something as simple as the color of the interface, I would stay away from it.

Attached: grayscale.png (1680x1050, 131K)

>Blue eyes are much more sensitive to light since they lack melanin
Holy shit is this true? I am a blue-eyed dark theme user as well.

>I'm not a nigger, and if anything it is proof of my whiteness. Blue eyes are much more sensitive to light since they lack melanin, we evolved in cold climates where the sun is very dim.
I literally have blonde hair and blue eyes and I use light themes.

>Muh white people superior
>Can't even face a little bit of light

Attached: Screenshot_20190916-214143.jpg (1080x2160, 571K)

Light theme is better.

>unless you're in some dark environment
Where do you think you are, sweetie?

Attached: c5f.gif (250x250, 993K)

Same goes for East Asian, they have light skin as well. They get sun burnt just as easily.

dukehealth.org/blog/myth-or-fact-people-light-eyes-are-more-sensitive-sunlight
Add autism to that, and it gets even worse. Autists often have increased light sensitivity as well.

to answer your question: yes

I've had this happen to my eyes multiple times. I'd be looking at something on my phone, and my eyes would lose their shit and couldn't find focus. Everything on my phone is light themed now and my eyes are a lot less strained.