Fuck off benchode

It's a real gem

खाओ बकवास बहन

Tranny favorite language

Haha

see

ruby wa watashi no favourite desu yo.

>no
Rubi wa watashinokiniiride was arimasen.

Learn nihongo weeabu wannabe

Really well designed language. I like the idea that everything is an object so you can chain methods easily.
I would use it instead of python if it had better support on windows and more gems

Ruby Crystal

Is Ruby a dead language?

anta no okasan ha watashi no bitch desu.

I mildly regret learning Python instead of Ruby. The latter is just so much cleaner and nicer.
However, I have no need for another scripting language right no, so no point in learning it.
And Python has better library suppport anyway.

I hope I get around to trying Elixir one day. I like Ruby's syntax. Maybe I'll find a good use for Ruby in the meantime.

it's not as popular as it used to be so finding a job may be a problem but it's still a great choice for your personal projects

decent language, but it attracts certain types.

boku*

You’re not a girl and Jow Forums ain’t formal.

Amazing language, dumb community.
But pretty decent for web freelancing.

If you know Python you know a big deal of Ruby already.

Personally I think Ruby is much easier because it's way more consistent and less quirky.

But as you said, Python has many applications while Ruby has basically Rails, Chef, Puppet, Metasploit and that's about it.

I do like coding in Rails though and whenever I get the chance I'd do it.

No, even though the kewl kids today do React or Vue, Rails is still a great choice for the classical Server-side web programming.

kek

Like who?

Ruby Crystal Elixir
Learning Ruby gives you access to powerful tools

Shit the arrows got stripped

Ruby -> Crystal -> Elixir

onna no ko desu waa~
baka

Quit being weeb

>Ruby
>Not weab
choose one and only one.

I use it for scripting small utils, even wrote a whole web application using Sinatra, is good for small to medium projects, beyond that I use C# and Asp.Net core.

i like it more than python but it doesn't have nearly as much libraries and binds for c libs as python does so i use that instead.

haha look at this retards
do your research on ruby

ローマ字読めない、何って?

Trannies

needs type annotations

It's funny how people have said is dead for 15 fucking years now and still remains of of the best optionsfire server applications.

How is Ruby better than Java or node.js for servers?

It's my favourite scripting language, I don't give a shit about who else uses it, I just use the best tool for the job

Slow as fuck, worse than fucking JavaScript kek, Python is better in every aspect.

Cute and comfy

it's good but the zoomers don't like it, so it's ultimately doomed. all scripting languages are doomed except node.

got me

Fun for prototyping

>of
In.

Holy shit, is this thread still alive?

flexible syntax

One indent wrong and the whole code stops working, good job python

Stop making me want to learn Ruby reeeeeeee

You already know Ruby. It is inevitable already.

Ruby is easy to learn, very flexible language. Your code doesn't break just because you indented your code wrong, Ruby suits very well from backend to frontend and the language is so beautiful by itself.

Learning Ruby is worth it and makes you enjoy the good side of programming.

Ruby on Rails & Ruby on Jets or my favourite frameworks at the moment.

For small scale apps ¡ use Sinatra tho.
For high performance servers ¡ mostly use Puma or Agoo.

true but that's why Stripe created Sorbet.

You're so right, it is very highly ranked in Tiobe index. It's not dead and nor has it ever been, it's very active.

I know japs created Ruby

Haven't you heard of Ruby Inline? You can integrate C/C++ code and libs into Ruby smoothly.

Ruby all day.

GANBARUBY

¡ can't understand people who haven't tried Ruby, it's seriously a powerful language that is very easy to learn and master.