PCI-Express Gen 4 SSDs

...are pointless.
Our boy Der8auer strikes again!
This time Der8auer investigates the possible merits of using new pci-e 4.0 SSDs. Spoiler: Both X570 and PCI-Express 4.0 EXPOSED as HUGE SCAM.
Under load a literal SATA SSD-ZIP-DISKETTE DRIVE becomes unironically faster than the pinnacle of swindle-engineering: next generation NVME.
Patrician-version, auf Deutsch:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4wXSF8Uwjc
Pleb-version, in English:
youtube.com/watch?v=47dGG8ZnN2g

Attached: Based af.jpg (1920x1080, 427K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=corsair-force-mp600&num=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what a retard

aaaaaaaand

/thread

I can't believe how many people "earn" a living by playing with computer components on GoogleTube. Zoomers really eat up the whole "gamer" thing.

Nice argument there, incels.

Doesn't this guy's girlfriend fuck other dudes? Never trust a cuckold.

There's literally 0 (zero) proof that Mary is his girlfriend. Stop repeating stupid shit.

Cope. Jimmy Krautron, like all g*rmans, are natural cucks.

I bet if we were in the 80's he would say "nobody will ever use a 3.5MB floppy drive"

>Under load a literal SATA SSD-ZIP-DISKETTE DRIVE becomes unironically faster than the pinnacle of swindle-engineering: next generation NVME.
>Patrician-version, auf Deutsch:
But it doesn't? Even a PCIe x4 3.0 NVMe drive with it's cache full will be faster than the 600MB/s SATA III bottleneck.

Attached: 1516775671046.png (1700x1700, 3.36M)

This guy is such an Intel shill cuck

>AMD FAGS SEETHING ITT

Attached: JUST.jpg (600x600, 33K)

cope

Attached: 1563133874135.jpg (670x960, 52K)

He's still a cuck.

Who would've thought.

Samsung 970s max out at 750mb/s sustained write speed for very large files. The PCI Bus isn't the bottleneck.

>>AMD FAGS SEETHING ITT

Attached: 1560228829446.png (519x543, 151K)

For you.
I actually need those write speeds.

>buying pcie 4 ssd from shit ssd brands.

Wait for crucial and Samsung to release.
Also pcie 4 is probably for enterprise.

He isn't our friend anymore, because he doesen't lie about ayymd being good

What the hell does this have to do with AMD? They didn't make those NVME SSDs.

Idiot
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=corsair-force-mp600&num=1

Low key anti shill. Saying pcie 4 is not worth it.
>and is the only one with pcie4.

>x570 not working as advertised
It has nothing to do with amd

>pulling shit out of your ass
Nothing in the video suggests the chipset wasn't working as intended.

>German cuck, getting full of Jewish cum.
>let's shill shittel, my good goy cocksleeve.
Our oy strikes again!

PCI-E 4 and 5 ramdisks are the real redpill

>PCI-E 4 and 5 ramdisks
Do they actually exist?

Why the fuck do M.2 drives get so fucking hot?
They shouldn't even be selling them like this.

Attached: n-word.jpg (751x270, 93K)

user...that's not the part you want to deny.

why the fuck is anyone buying them in the first place?
the price/capacity/speed ratio for consumers is dogshit

wtf is wrong with the shape of his head

You can notice the speed increase sometimes and the price difference is like 10%.

Technological advancement does not matter, watch my video faster goy so I can afford paying for nigger to fuck my wife

Attached: 1568669065921.jpg (313x291, 31K)

Not true at all. I have a 120gb Samsung pcie nvme drive (and a few others) and a Samsung evo860 500gb data drive and the OS is on the nvme and it's super fast untill I do something thats fills it's SLC cache which is only 8gb. The Evo has a much bigger cache I can throw more than 30gigs at it before it slows down. The speed after slow down on the small nvme is only 70MB/s where as on the Evo it's 150. however the performance in booting and say opening Firefox is still far far faster on the small nvme. Everything is instant. On the Evo there is always lag when opening applications and as a boot drive it takes a lot longer.

A quick certain disks tell me the small drive will do big reads at 1.5GB/s where the Evo is limited to 540. Plus the other beenfirs of nvme over data. More queues bigger queue length and no sata controller in the way between the drive and processor

Which one are you talking about. The speed of the drive depends on the size of the drive. Each one has different amounts of dram, SLC cache and different speed NAND. And then there's the 970 pro and the new 970 Evo plus

So yeah which one are you talking about exactly

Fuck no I'll buy the next Samsung 980 Evo when that comes out. Pcie4 has been forever coming and I'd like to actually take advantage of it now that my cpu and Mobo natively support it. 6GB sec would be great and would be very handy for my new virtualized gaming rig.

AMDRONES ETERNALLY BTFO!!!

Intel optane is basically the same thing. I honestly cant believe Intel priced themselves out of making optane viable for even hardcore enthusiasts

You ok buddy?

>t.piednoel

Attached: 12_years_old_troll.png (640x628, 341K)

could ya stop shilling this eceleb cuck?

>not waiting for Samsung and crucial release paying a shit brand name tax markup

Dude wtf. I dont care what it's called I just want a kick-ass pcie4 SSD from one of the only brands in the world that actually manufacturers its own products. FWIW im an IT guy for a medium size enterprise and I've played with a shit tonne of hard drives. The 2tb Evo plus is the fastest I've got but the Western digital black 500gb is super slow at only 800MB/s peak read. They're both big brand names but there's hell of a difference huh

>giving this literal cuck and Intel shill views

ISHYGDDT

Who the hell is this DuckTard?

t. mad intel shill

Attached: epyc suicide.png (1070x601, 816K)

>AMDRONES ETERNALLY BTFO!!!

Attached: 1491958654249.png (653x726, 84K)

>not having a heat sink with a cooling fan on your M.2 SSD

Attached: 1528505683-1517934501973.jpg (645x773, 141K)

C

Ah It's the German cuck again

PCIe 3.0 and 4.0 SSD are pointless for mainstream workloads.

They only matter for enterprise or serious rendering projects.

what Mary are you talking about??

>Americucks projecting their favourite fetish onto others once again.

That would be Samsung PM1733 gen4 ssd, not 980.

980 is not out yet it was just a turn of phrase. I'll definitely check out the pm1733 though

We need to wait one more month to buy it

Why the fuck would yo go above 4x PCI 3.0 when the only real limitation to NVMe PCIe SSD is HEAT?

okay but who actually cares about a german sojaboj

Itt: things that literally don't matter if you're not talking about enterprise hw
No, your shitty games won't magically be any faster

>21 minutes of reading fake specs