Have you tried to live without computers or mobile phones? For how long? What was the result?

Have you tried to live without computers or mobile phones? For how long? What was the result?

Attached: 15688037088730.jpg (1200x1801, 274K)

I dont live

I've lived more of my life without them than with them. To me, mobile phones are a brand new tech.

I've never owned a mobile phone
I've lived without computers, it's just boring
People who think technology controls their lives are just weak willed saps

i fucking hate women

I was born in '91 so living without them is something I already experienced.
You can too if you go on a fucking vacation with nothing but book, dumbphone, money, and clothes.

Me too

I'm 30 and in the last 7 years I have used the computer 16 hours each day. I leave my house every few months only. There is no escape.

Cringe

joker movie coming soon
will you go see it?

Probably not.

Its awful honestly

I give you another 10 years before you loose it. If you are lucky enough to have some good people around you, you might be able to change the situation.
Otherwise hikikomori till death.

Fourth post best post

I'm 60, I got my TV and radio, that's it.

Did you post this from the radio or from the TV?

Fuck of Boomer

I'm happy though if I'm productive.

Attached: FortunetellerBaba.png (640x480, 208K)

I just moved to TV, it was really pathetic. When I also removed TV almost immediately crippling depression set in to the point I was unable to move and slept for 14-15 hours a day.

Attached: 156639837617215664.jpg (640x999, 86K)

>walking around a dumpster with no shoes
why are women so disgusting?

i'm 31 and i've never owned a mobile phone. i occasionally go a week or two without internet but i still have a computer with me so i can program and mess around with typesetting.

12 year old detected

How long do you think this tech has been in full use of general public? This is also an 18+ only website.

when i am offline, i use the abacus

Gen X here, I have no problem living without phones. Zero.
Computers are another thing altogether, I need the access to news that internet gives me.

Attached: 1407027230837.png (403x343, 193K)

Never owned a mobile phone so no problem there, but I have experienced having no internet and tech for long periods of time so I'm certain that without internet I just play games and listen to music while daydreaming. However without any technology whatsoever my creativity skyrockets, get compelled to do some exercise, start drawing random bad quality stuff, read more and talk a lot. Also the narcissism kicks in and spend hours in front of the mirror searching for any single section I could improve.

Attached: 1541976153810.jpg (605x454, 41K)

Does she know what's been on that ground?

I can possibly live without a computer since I mostly just use it to do some C++/C programming for school, but I can't go without my phone. But not for the obvious reasons. I use my phone as a Kindle and losing that ability would fuck me over in my graduate math classes and my own personal studies in math, physics and philosophy. I'd rather not risk that. And there's people I need to call/text and email in terms of my family and work/school. Other than that, I could probably go a week without it.

Attached: Shiteya'no.gif (512x384, 60K)

>Have you tried to live without computers or mobile phones? For how long? What was the result?

have done it, shot guns instead. was ok

she's already so full of diseases walking on broken glass and needles won't change anything

smelly feets

yeah for about a year and it was fine. I have other hobbies. I have a PC again now but I'm only on it a few hours a week. use my phone to post here when bored at work

I can't live without a mobile phone entirely because I have people in my life that may need to reach me. However I did get rid of my smartphone and move to a dumb phone for 3 years. I also
>got rid of my "smart clock" that synced with my smartphone, got an old school digital clock with no features
>Didn't sacrifice my PC entirely, but stopped using Internet so much. Would only use my PC for gaming, doing offline work for university. I'd only reconnect my PC back to WiFi to upload stuff to school cloud, then back off
>In this time I went out for more leisurely drives
>Picked up archery, bought a compound bow/arrows
>Got my gun permit, started doing target shooting, currently do a lot of long range shooting with my .308
>Started reloading my own ammo
>Recently got into how to make my own bow and fletch my own arrows
>Started lifting a lot more
>Hiking/ leisure walks
>More meditation, I don't feel anxious all the time

As soon as I disconnected, It was like I immediately just wanted to be outside more. Fucking weird really. I've since gone back to my smartphone because it's convenient having a decent camera and GPS on the go. But my dumb phone habits carried on and I barely even look at it. It's on silent more often than not.

>"smart clock" that synced with my smartphone
what

it was a clock that would set itself to any time I set on my phone. So I can set my phone to wake me up at certain times on certain days, etc. My clock would auto sync via bluetooth

but why?

Feet.

was a gift and I didn't want to tell them I don't need it. Could also do a bunch of stuff like play music, etc. Grandma spent like $200 on it and I don't even remember the brand. Was honestly more of a hassle than it was worth.

I did once last year. I only had a phone with me. I broke it. I lasted about a month before I got another one. Although I think I was playing a lot of 3DS and watching a lot of TV... so it doesn't really count.

The crazier part is went without a desktop or notebook for a good while... about a year and a half. I was so busy with work it didn't really matter.

I've never owned a smart phone. Use a flip phone sometimes but I'll leave it at home sometimes. Living without a computer I could do but it'd be inconvenient. Needing a "smart" phone with you all the time is beyond pathetic.

Yeahhh you're right buddy. Bill Gates? Jeff Bezos? Cristiano Ronaldo? Any successful person you care to mention? Yup, they're ALL pathetic, and some friendless virgin on Jow Forums like you is CLEARLY less pathetic. You got it.

Nah that just means you're a loser with nothing going on in their life. I bet you still print out instructions from fucking Mapquest.

is she balding

Attached: DRG0eX_X0AAZBaC.jpg (1024x850, 80K)

That's the sun in her hair.
Are you balding, user?

why live at all then? or maybe i could watch tv but that gets boring quickly..

When I travel to the hills it is usually like that. I stay 10 days straight and only touch electronics for fixing them to somebody. I read a lot of books too.

Imagine the smell..

hnnnng

me too, bro. Me too

that doesn't mean I don't want to fuck them

Our neighborhood was without power for three days because of a storm that came through with high speed winds that took down power lines everywhere. I found out that I could live without my smartphone, but it was difficult without the internet. I browsed here for half an hour at most on what battery life I had on my phone because I felt I needed a fix of browsing. I had nothing to do since I didn't have a job at the time either. I also went outside to read and do some walking. I would have driven around but power was out for a few miles in each direction and people don't know how to maneuver a four way stop in place of a traffic signal outage.

A month, was pretty satisfying

Retard

Attached: webtv-tanitweb.jpg (757x510, 77K)

Attached: 1564780276630.jpg (645x773, 41K)

Because some people need to know what time it is you retarded neet.

Attached: 1558341869168.gif (461x345, 2.09M)

i only use a 'dumb phone' and i think it helps my mental state. i don't think i can get by without a computer because i need it for work. but i have gon without the internet for a week or so. it was comfy

>smutty feet
more pls.

i hate fuck women

born in 1984, computers weren't really a thing in my life until i was 10 or so and only business faggots had mobile phones until the turn of the century

Since everyone is mentioning how old they are, for reference I was born in Spring 1996

>Went camping for three days
>No phone/ computer
>Primal instincts kicked in
>Was too worried about not dying to care
I could probably do it again. It was fun. It got really hot though. But swimming in the river helped. When I got back home I charged my phone and was immediately alerted that another shooting had happened.

I go without a phone for half the year. I don't have to try, I look forward to it

Attached: 1563543883395.jpg (891x1024, 229K)

cringe

>I love to travel

based
cringe, yikes, etc.

No. And that would mean I would lose my income.

Your phone already did that, which you needed for a “smart” clock anyways

>I was born in '91
same

Boomer years for sure

Checked

every time i go to my summer house, it's very comfy

Sometimes i "forget" my phone at home. I also make a point to never ever travel with a laptop, only phone for emergency calling and "oh shit, i'm lost as fuck" navigation. Photos? One or two per day because otherwise my parents say it's unfair if i only keep the memory in my head without showing them.

Technology in general and vidya in particular are like fucking wheat buns to me: fast, simple sugar. In and out, leaving me feeling empty until i get the next one for another short-term high.
Going outside and even just wandering around aimlessly feels richer and gives me a level of deep, natural satisfaction feeling sitting inside with technology cannot provide. Like legit multi-whole-grain bread as a contrast: not a fast spike and fall, but a long-term feeling of being satiated.

I wish to be like you user.

A few years ago there were 2 weeks where I couldn't handle something, I was in an awful moment of my life and putting myself away from the computer/phone kinda helped. I don't imagine it would have been good for my mental health back then to have many people message me and not leave me the fuck alone for a while.