The time has come to answer the call

Thoughts?
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6918

Attached: better_late_than_never.png (726x260, 33K)

>Thoughts?
cringe

Have you read the article?

Isn't that what they did to Assange? Accused him of "rape" based on some legal technicality that only exists in Swedish law, and then smeared him as a "rapist" ever since?

Imagine living in a world where ESR is right
The absolute state of 2019

Fuck off with your nigger cringe faggotry. This shit is ruining tech.

Yep,and what ever happened to Assange? Poor fucker is probably being slowly killed in prison. It's disgusting what this world has become. Truth and integrity were once seen as noble.

You know what's "ruining tech"
brainlets like you who think personalities and communities and culture matters to technology

The article points this out. It's a surprisingly neutral piece that only seeks the return of the unity we once had. Computers are a science, politics have no place in science, as science is the search for truth, not opinions.

"Why Hackers Must Eject the SJWs" sounds very community related to me

read the article before commenting, please.

does it contradict the title?

It is. You must eject the people trying to inject garbage into your community so it steers clear of nonsense that has no place in the community.

everyone is discussing the content of the article, while you are discussing your assumptions about the article based on the title alone. it's a short article, it won't take you long to read it.

>your community
therein lies the problem. There is no "community". Any idea you have of a community is an illusion. Science doesn't need communites, cheerleaders, commuicators, adovcates, because it's just facts
RMS losing his job for being autistic has zero impact on my ability to program

*sips tea*

*writes some CSS on the newest fagbook pro model with one USB port*

That's not a good look. Very problematic.

*reports you to the thought police*

I have an idea
Someone make a GNUshop of

The final battle of Lord of the Rings

the SJWs are the orcs

And the orc leader is that fat pink haired lady

then make the horsemen anonymous

and RMS (Richard Matthew Silverman) will be the king of the horsemen leading them into battle

the only character in LotR that works for Stallman is Gollum, and free open source software is the one ring

>Science doesn't need communites, cheerleaders, commuicators, adovcates, because it's just facts
then you agree, programming doesn't need sjw activism. i'm glad we sorted that out.

well that's not true at all, one tends to form a community to have an infrastructure for when shit goes down, even lone wolfs have communities even do some like to pretend not.

Let the feminists and trannies have the tech industry, go get a real job white man.

Attached: 1568772190612.jpg (750x745, 60K)

It's the standard old character assassination tactics. (Just Calling it SJWs is new)
I never thought anyone would shit like this to Stallman of all people. But we live in a world of evil.

Personally I'm for real "diversity" and "inclusion".
We should allow diversity in opinion even when it is very strange at some points such as Stallmans.
We should allow inclusion of general autistic people that view the world 100% through consistent logic without knowing what possible feelings other people might have it.

>when shit goes down
Such as? Power outtake? SJWs making twitter posts about you?

Attached: 1544666615246.jpg (425x625, 70K)

People need to go back to the time (all of human history) where women aren't treated simultaneously like toddlers and males equal.

I don't agree, I think it's just irrelevant
SJW activism doesn't effect me in any way at all

Is this whole Stallman thing even real outside of Twitter and Jow Forums? Aren't you lot just giving infinite @s and views to content made specifically to trigger you?
I haven't seen a single actual news site pick up on it.

I think we got ourselves a new leader. Hail ESR.

Attached: faces.Eric-Raymond18770.web_.jpg (1638x2048, 1.08M)

Pretty much this. The game is getting old. I'm not against equality for women when they act like equals. It's when they play both sides that bothers me.

It's just your usual Jow Forums frothing at the mouth at the evil boogeyman SJW

I like you, user. You're explaining this patiently to a nigger-tier intellect. We thank you for your patience.

great minds discuss ideas
feeble minds discuss people
you're the nigger

They aren't equal and never will be barring extreme and undesirable genetic engineering.

If women were treated equally to men today, well they wouldn't like it. Thats for sure.

>waaahhh those mean sjws are bullying me mommy make it stop

How about you just stop being a massive faggot, huh?
You know your sperg hero RMS didn't have to resign right? But he did so because he's full of soi.

>2015-11-13

you are dumb

>better_late_than_never.png

ironic and yet unfunny.

it's not ironic
people discussing RMS like it matters at all are stupid

>source I consider reliable
Lmao

It does matter, even to those who couldn't give a piss about free software. This is a disease spreading through our culture that contradicts the basic constructs of society. It's a behavior we supposedly left behind hundreds of years ago.

>Science
>because it's just facts
Evidence, not "facts" - sounds like you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what science is.

t. Stallman

Microsoft pls...

>You know your sperg hero RMS didn't have to resign right?
yeah MIT and FSF board were totally not forced to force rms to resign...

>it's just facts
Like the fact that you'll never be a real girl?

What you mean is religion has no place in science. And SJW is absolutely a religion.

It was obvious when the founder of Mozilla was ousted in 2014. No one is safe.

Free software is why the internet is the way it is. It's what allows something like twitter or Jow Forums to exist.
Free software was a mistake.

>a source I consider reliable
>multiple efforts to set Linus Torvalds up
Because we all know women just love putting their reputations and personal safety on the like to just lie.

No, politics in free software is the mistake, as proven by the SJW's.

>their reputations and personal safety on the like to just lie.
Ask Assange about this, I'm sure he has some stories to tell.

Why tech must eject incels

>personal safety

What are you talking about retard

>reputation

Anyone shaming them would just be called a slut shamer and the whore would have beta bois like you orbit and defend her just like Zer did years ago. Beck yourself

No you fuck off. Technology can not progress in a culture that stifles free inquiry.

Tell that to Dr. Ford

>stories

>politics has no place in science
>scientists create weaponry that arms the world's most dangerous regimes

>2002+any number
>still thinking there's a leader

I can't...

Give a nerd a dress, and this is what you get, folks.
REMEMBER YOUR ROOTS,TRANNY!

RMS is more like some sort of hobbits mayor

Science has a place in politics, not the other way around.

>OP is just thoughts
Fuck off back to your home (reddit).

First you gotta get rid of the women. Which is impossible because white men are the ultimate white knight cucks. Literally every other society told thots to fuck off and then white men told them to come on into the boys club.

The point is that science is not apolitical. It never has been.

I say we start by forking all open source projects, and then removing all contributions by women and trannies.

Incel and transgendered are synonymous. Nine out of ten reddit posts in tranny subreddits is somebody blowing off steam about how they can't find anyone to fuck their axe wound. Tranny activists want to make a law that requires people to fuck trannies or face punishment for their "bigotry" lol.

Sjws put Stallman and Linus out of business in less than one year, what a timeline we're living in folks

Don't worry newfag redditors will continue sperging about Jow Forums and telling everyone to just "ignore it".

I assure you, I'm in no way a Redditor. I simply agree with the sentiments in the article. Many of the qualities the author describes, were once found on the same website we are communicating on now. Shit was fresh and interesting before everyone became so defensive and polarized. Things are largely one sided now,too. How can that be perceived as healthy for anything positive?

It always has been.

It should have been ignored, that's the partially the problem. Now, it's too late to ignore.

>it shouldve been ignored

that is literally what everyone in the field that is against it does and has done. Look where its gotten. You can't ignore people that infest something entirely.

>communities don't matter to technology
I see you are part of the problem.

>that is literally what everyone in the field that is against it does and has don
Well, yes, that's true. But, that leaves out this issue with this certain brand of scumbag that seems to feel that computer science is a free ride with handouts waiting to happen. They have been drawn to this sector, and they are demanding their freebies. They don't care who they take down, because they have nothing invested here.

It's fucked innit?

Not as bad as you are if you really think reflection builds communities.

At this point though there is enough of them in the field in earnest where they aren't even an external force anymore. Its so fucked

Dr. Ford lied. She wasn't afraid of flying, lied about the reason for having 2 doors on her house, cited witnesses who contradicted her, her whole testimony was shit but she was propped up by people who believed that the ends (protecting baby murder) justified the means (smearing a man's reputation). People are still citing her as a hero for lying out her ass and putting on a baby voice. Imagine a man trying to do that shit.

I agree, the SJWs are getting too much traction due to weak individuals bending to them.

dude come common... stallman fits Gandalf.
We are right now coming out of Moria and our friend fell down to the deepest part of our times.

t. Pomo idiot who doesn't understand epistemology

Attached: 1544544315111.jpg (420x331, 42K)

no, for when you been some yous for moral support or someone to remind you how dumb you sound.

Beautiful!

>2015
esr is usually a total fucking nut, but he was an oracle on this one. It's terrifying, really.

this
honk honk :^)

More than 99% of commits are useless, the remaining less than 1% are made by straight white men.

Change my mind

You have used documents licensed under the GNU FDL to learn programming, without Stallman and the horde of FOSS followers promoting it enjoy paying for pajeet materials from Udemy

The entire FSF board will resign and sacrificing Stallman will mean nothing, lmao

>oracle
NEVER UTTER THAT WORD HERE AGAIN!

ibiblio must learn about this and remove him

>pomo
>t. idiot who doesn't know anything of the history of philosophy

>people actually believe this

oracle = Oracle
JavaScript logic.

The ruling class and the church viewed science as a threat. Scientists were jailed or executed throughout Europe in the beginnings. Most of the founders of science were autists driven by impulse, and said fuck the police.

This how things always end. Look around enjoy it, realize this was our peak and now we descend back into darkness. Egalitarianism is the great filter.

True. Ignoring the problem is bieng ignorant of the danger it poses. The only option is to fight back, no tolerance for social justice or any other politicking in technology.

>. Most of the founders of science were autists
No they weren't, stop falsely attributing your mental illness to people better than you

Christ I can't believe this is real. First Stallman. Linus is next. He'll probably finally come out as gay to try to stifle the SJWs, who knows if it'll be successful. Universities already got rid of the meritocracy a while ago now. All the women getting meme CS degrees (because its easy unlike real engineering or math degrees) are going to get the software industry next.