Is this the laptop of the future?

Is this the laptop of the future?

Attached: laptop of the future.jpg (1916x1075, 186K)

yes

no

no, it is cringe shit for teenagers

No, that laptop still has a keyboard, the laptop of the future is just to cheap TN panels that fold into a tablet.
Also locked bootloader.

maybe

two*

>huge shift on both sides
>tiny squashed arrow keys
For what purpose?

kek

1366x768
1366x384

What if the bottom screen is also 1366x768, but without square pixels?

is the battery life more than 5 minutes

Attached: kek emoji burned.jpg (128x125, 4K)

>laptop of the future
It certainly looks gimmicky and retarded, so, yes.

why is the numpad haptic?

Because you can use it as a touchpad

No, who the fuck would want a stupid screen that is covered by your hands, and no real touchpad
The worst thing is that this is probably true

You forgot 1366x768 and one USB-C port only.

I see a potential use for this...
Like, if you have some controls on bottom screen for something on main screen.
Can't really think of any software which could utilize this second screen, tho...
So, most likely, will die in next few months.
He's probably right.

From the looks of it, it seems to just be a second monitor. Not some shitty touchbar you need an api to use.

laptops are dead

> can't even be fucked putting in a real keypad
> big gay screen above keyboard that nobody fucking needs for muh notifications from muh social medias
looks like pure unadulterated cancer, op.

Would actually be nice for serious programming where I'm always short of screen space

I often split my 14" screen into 3 or 4 in the IDE to display multiple files at once

Yeah, I got that. But I still can't think of any software which has toolkit on separate horizontal window...
GIMP used to be 3 windows by default, but vertical.
Maybe some audio or video production stuff?

What do you do with arrow keys? I use C-p, C-f, C-n, and C-b. The ideal keyboard has no arrow keys.

We're literally in the future and everybody here wants to use a laptop from 10-15 years ago.

/thread

whys it got a keyboard

can't wait to see the windows startup screen awkwardly stretched across both screens
p.s. look at the arrow keys :(

Audio production for sure.
When I had 3 monitors I put the main interface on the middle screen, the midi map on the left and fx windows on the right. and even with all that I still felt like there wasn't enough space.

Attached: Professional-home-recording-studio-1024x682.jpg (1024x682, 47K)

Not everybody. I like my endless battery

I scroll with arrows all the time

idk mate what are words anyway?

I was curious so I got one of these zenbooks with phone screen as touchpad. With a button I could turn on the touchpad screen and use a selection of programs on it, for example numpad. Seemed like a curiosity but not sure how useful it would be in the long run. I write it in past tense as to continue using it I would have to agree to anus spying on me more than windows 10 already does. Disagreeing removed the apps and just left it as an empty extra screen. When I get some free time I'll install gentoo on it and see if the extra screen works. Knowing anus I suspect it won't.

Oh, I use C-v and M-v for paging up and down.

was literally going to say this

Laptop of the future should just be a keyboard and mouse package that my phone plugs into.
Laptops are deprecated technology.

Nope

Attached: Asus-Project-Precog.jpg (1820x1024, 399K)

WTF is this?
Just buy 2 more display instead.

>dual vertical monitor mode
wew

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS8zLzMvNzc2NDE1L29yaWdpbmFsLzE1MjgxNzUxMjU2MTkuanBn.png (1500x938, 2.19M)

I'm about to jizz in my pants from the anticipation

God yes the future is n-ugghhhhhh

Modern web browsers don't support sane keybinds in their text editors.

In hell, yes.

> No, who the fuck would want a stupid screen that is covered by your hands, and no real touchpad
The keyboard is below the extra screen. What are you talking about? I agree on the touchpad part though.
How so? It's not like it's a bunch of pointless RGB shit whose only purpose is to look flashy. There are a lot of ways that extra screen space could be useful. The real problems with it are that it has shitty battery life and is made by Asus.

>No tactile feedback on keyboard
Enjoy your 2 tablets stapled together.

Doesn't look like a Thiccpad x220 to me.

I like the concept. If they made it with 4:3 screens, I'd consider getting one.

It might have a chance if they change minor details, like the age of the keyboard

Attached: bait_sendFromMyiPhone.jpg (4271x2396, 879K)

>facebook integration
yes