Previous thread:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Attached: sqtclassroom.jpg (1448x2048, 277K)

Other urls found in this thread:

webm.red/DaLK.webm
IP_of_Server_A:4040;
;
spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=167_209_10869&&products_id=295830
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not really tech savvy but I would your help.
So my mother took her laptop to a repair guy and for some reason her notepad files that were in UTF-8 were turned to ANSI.
Consequently, all of the greek characters that were in those files were turned to shit like "Êëåéþ Óïöéáíïðïýëïõ".
I fixed it so that greek letters can be saved again but is there any way that I can retrieve what was in those files? They were very important for her.

cute pic of me

Should be simple with Python.
This code is probably wrong, as I can't test it due to not having your files, but hopefully this could help.
with open('brokengreekshit.txt', 'rb') as bgs:
content = bgs.read()
with open('fixedgreekshit.txt', 'w') as fgs:
fgs.write(content.decode(encoding='utf-8'))

uwu

Help with tech support?

I did the recent window update and when I got back it was a black screen, except I can move my cursor around.

I restarted multiple time and can’t seem to be able to boot it into safe mode or BIOS. No logos or anything show up either, just straight to a black screen with my cursor.

Any ideas? Hardware or software maybe?

should i upgrade from w7 to w10

Upgrade from Windows.

Attached: win_infographic_final.png (695x1535, 257K)

Ok I would, but I can’t even access any part of my pc rn

Is it possible to crash a PC using paradoxical logic?

And, if so, what are some examples?

I don't know where else to put this, it doesn't seem to warrant its own thread.

I got contacted by my neighbor, a 50 year old woman who wanted to make sure the stuff on her hard drive was properly deleted. She said she knew I "knew computers". She had gotten her daughter to hack at the computer case with an axe but she said she didn't trust it was good enough. Obviously the case was just a bit busted up and they had attacked some of the cables and the mobo.

I just told her to take out the hard drive and melt it at a very high temperature since it wasn't exactly booting after the whole axe treatment ruling out a software treatment.

What the fuck was on that HDD guys?

Take a boat out deep into the ocean
Drop the drive off the side of the boat
???
Profit

What filesystem should I format my flash drives in for maximum comparability with Linux/Windows/OS X systems in that order?

Comparability?

FAT32 I guess

s/comparability/comparability

Fat32 doesn't work because I need to transfer large movies to my normie gf's winblow$ computer

How do you actually learn programming? I can go to tutorialspoint or w3schools and learn the logic/syntax behind a language, but I'm struggling to figure out how to translate what I've learned into something that's actually useful. Maybe I'm not putting enough effort into trying to learn or I'm just another brainlet. All of the projects in my CompSci classes in uni just seem kinda useless, like making a class roster in C++ using some specific kind of container, or sorting strings etc. It feels like all I'm learning is theory an not anything that would be useful in the real world - hell we use fucking SVN for version control. Should I just keep going on with learning only what's taught in class? Anyone know what I'm missing? Any other unifags feel the same way? Am I just starting to realise that uni is just a gigantic waste of time and money?

Attached: 1478679591534.gif (480x351, 1.06M)

How do you get motivated to learn and program outside of work hours? I always come home feeling mentally drained and just want to veg out until the next day

If I'm trying to achieve the maximum terabyte/liter storage, ignoring cost and a little bit of reliability (relying on strong software verification), what are some good avenues to explore? M.2 to SATA drives? Massive SD card RAID1? Plain SATA drives?

Will Jow Forums bully me if I pick Ubuntu as my distro when I inevitably have to ask for help at some point?

I struggle with the same thing. I've started sleeping early and doing my extra studying before I work.

So I'm using my best, freshest brain time on myself and giving my work the shitty leftovers.

No, most likely not.

Is qbittorrent just kind of shitty and slow for private trackers? Which clients would you guys recommend?

How do I know if a point is in front or behind an infinite plane (with a Vector3 position and a Vector3 normal)?

It's hopeless
There is no alternative to qBittorrent

Transmission-daemon

Shit that's pretty good, thanks guy

quit poopin ya pants

Is Transmission really good for private trackers?

I'm the only one having troubles while loading images on the site?

When I click on them, they don't open, anf if they do, they took more time to do.

Already deleted the Firefox's temp files and shit. Other sites doesn't seem to have dis problem.

Attached: 1528228353549.png (472x508, 6K)

No idea on private ones, but as an application, transmission-daemon is the most based client out there. It runs in the background and can be connected to/controlled through various frontends. You can also run it as a daemon managed through your init system/service manager of choice.

>we use fucking SVN for version control
Big oof,

Here's mind recommendation: find a professor with industry connections, go to their office hours, and talk through your concerns with them.

Im looking to migrate from gmail because im not keen on mossad looking at my shit, any recommendations?

Attached: 1505928006458.jpg (308x164, 10K)

Protonmail.

>not keen on mossad looking at my shit
>protonmail
kek

do not use procensorshipmail. Use tutanota or your own server if you know how to do so securely

That's cool, but I'm not asking for public siht.

Leave your computer on 24/7 and use it for mail.

>s/comparability/comparability
Isn't this a no-op?

Hello Jow Forums, Irecently found my teal gameboy color and was using this thing called the bennvenn elcheapo to load roms onto it(it's essentially a gbc card with a microsd slot for game saves and roms). I hadn't used the elcheapo in a while, and the sd card in it that formerly worked and had all of my roms on it appeared only in partition manager, causing it to crash when I attempted to format it, something about overlapping partitions. Being a retard, I thought it was only an issue with the card, so I decided to get the only other microsd in my flat, the one in my phone and format it for the elcheapo. I loaded a rom off of it, and it worked like a charm, but when I tried to put it back into my computer, the same thing had happened. is there any way to get my microsd cards back to normal? I don't want to buy new ones.
Also fuck the webm limits on this site for making me encode this in such a shitty manner to get it to fit.
I'll just use an external host. Fuck gookmoot:
webm.red/DaLK.webm

Attached: dino.gif (451x75, 21K)

>webm limits
You could post it on a board that allows larger files and link it here?

I am stupid and control X'd a apt-get upgrade
the process is still running, but I cant kill it
is there any way to see what it is doing? or if it is crashed or something?
thanks.

Is there a website where I can just enter an email and that email will then get flooded with tons of junk and spam and horseshit?

This is the only place I can think of to ask this. I own Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. I have tried resetting the Microsoft Store, resetting my PC, everything, and still I cant install Gears 5 to my pc.
The little install button is greyed out, and when I click the install to device button, only my xbox appears. I've checked other games like Halo Wars 2 and I have to option to install to my pc. I have no fucking idea why I can't install the game. I checked my MS account and my computer is indeed a device linked to my account.
This is the only place I can think of to ask. I'm so fucking frustrated.

Did you ask /v/ yet?

What's a good way of tracking internet connectivity uptime? I want to determine if being disconnected from a gay-me is due to the internet or something else.

Do you have another computer? You could format the hard drive and reinstall Windows. Make sure to get the important files out of it before you format it. It will erase everything. If you don’t have another computer, call Microsoft and tell the Indians what happened. There should be a way of getting back to before the update.

Try it on a different browser. Could be a slow internet connection.

Better to blend in with the masses than to stick out. Unless you’re doing illegal shit, I wouldn’t worry. Your data is only being used to make money. For now.

sometimes my firefox (69.0.1 right now, but I have this problem for a long time on different computers) display text without spaces. reloading tab don't fix it, only opening new tab. it happens randomly on any site, I don't understand what triggers it. What gives?

Attached: capture.png (1903x984, 1.32M)

You're not
Nice try gook, use your money on new servers

Do you have enough space to install? Is there a different place to get games with the game pass?

>bean online new spa per

it's one of your addons

Wait do you disable adblock for Jow Forums?

I’m not even Asian. Just using common sense.

ublock works fine with it

Should've told her to bring you the HDD, so that you can properly erase all the data. Anyway, it was either sensible documents, nudes or (likely) both.

Jow Forums will always bully you. You can't win.

Can someone explain using SSL with proxy?

Let's say I want to install Subsonic on Server A and run it with HTTPS. I have an nginx-based webserver as well, Server B with working Let's Encrypt SSL set up.
If I want to access the web interface of Subsonic, is it then enough to set up a proxy with Server B with SSL that redirects to Server A?
So, let's say I have the nginx config file look something like this:
server {
listen 443 default ssl;
server_name mydomain.com;
ssl_certificate cert.pem
ssl_certificate_key key.pem

location /subsonic {
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto https;
proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
proxy_max_temp_file_size 0;
proxy_pass IP_of_Server_A:4040;
proxy_redirect http:// ;
}
}

Would this be all I need?

I bought a second hand AVR. The remote is broken and my universal remote doesn't have the codes on its website.
I found the remote spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=167_209_10869&&products_id=295830 but it's for more than I bought the avr for. How can I program the AVR into my universal remote?

I formatted my 2TB HDD in hopes of installing a fresh version of Windows 7 and using it as a main drive. It didn't come with any of the drivers, it seems. No usb drivers, ethernet controller, network adapter, etc. what do I need to do?

Ye true you can't be chinkmoot because you have grammar

How do I put my RAM to 3000mhz from 2133mhz which it is advertised as without bios failure?

anyone have a recommendation for a good timetabling software?
>enter a list of classes
>some constraints (can't take class B before class A, etc)
>get back time tables for 3 years (6 semesters)

Alright Jow Forums recommend me some nonshit DNS servers. I'm in the UK. I don't want google or some botnet DNS server anymore.

Is it possible to match whether there are pairs using regex? For example, say that '(' and ')' characters are allowed but only if they come in pairs. So this would be legal
>(lole)
>(((juden)))
>ni(gg)ers
but this would not be legal
>kek(
>(mmmmmmmm))
>f(uck()

Attached: 1565892772661.png (2359x1749, 1.27M)

or

Anyone know how long Jow Forums keeps logs?

>I don't want google
>recommends 8.8.8.8

You should create a stateful automata instead. You just need to increment a count each time you find a '(' and decrement it each time you find a ')' and return false if the count goes negative or if you're at the end of the string and the count isn't 0.

I was trying to download a torrent for a camrip of a movie that hasn't come out and VLC didn't want to open the .mkv file, tried converting to MP4 and I only got a 2 second clip with no audio and no video.
Now I'm paranoid that I got a virus or some fucker is trying to jew me by mining bitcoin with my shit. Did I fuck up?

Attached: visible-concern-37627415.png (500x570, 136K)

Could you make a decent living by learning Wordpress and making websites for boomers on freelance websites? Or is there just too much pajeet competition?

Jow Forums dosent keep logs.The servers have a direct line to the FBI

Please recommend me some books on Java and its OOP (ins and outs of classes, enums, interfaces...).

Attached: 1568283958446.jpg (451x452, 13K)

But is it possible to do it using regex? It would really help me because matching pairs is not the only requirement but there are many others and I'm certain that they can be done using regex.

No, only binary files can contain viruses.

Bought a new ssd
Plugged it up on a 12v rail that has never been used on my psu
Booted and the sysetm dosent power on, no power to anything
Remove new ssd
Boots existing hardware
Daisy chain new ssd on to another 12v rail that has 3 other hdds on it
System boots
How and why? I need to add 2 more drives but i doubt i have the juice to chain all on that other rail, i would need the unused rail

Is there anything like the iPod touch these days? Some sort of Android device that's smartphone sized and has most of those features without being an actual phone?

Need some nonshit DNS servers that at least pretend to honor some sort of privacy.

How can i find someones phone number from their address?
In the uk

I need a good FOSS Android music player
I tried these but they aren't good:
Default LineageOS player: it skips during playback pretty often
Vinyl: does this thing where the audio gets really loud sometimes
cmus on termux: working well so far but it's missing some functionality like pausing/playing from the lock screen

What is ?> group in regex?

I do know that an algorithm is used to avoid this problem, but I want to know how it is done (specifically, for VeraCrypt):
If encryption is used for each block, then blocks with the same content (say, zeros) would generate the same content in the disk. Does this happen, or does somehow the encryption use the content of adjacent blocks to generate differences?

The keyword you're looking for is "block cipher modes of operation."
tl;dr each block of ciphertext is mixed with some other piece of data so p = p does not imply encrypt(p) = encrypt(p)

This will help me to find information.
Because reasons, I need to make backup of an encrypted disk saving only the used clusters. I need to know if reinjecting the partial image into a recreated volume will not damage the disk (since the block cipher would use the adjacent sectors).

OpenNIC

Is an old ThinkPad reeeeally still the way to go now? Like wrt the processor and board and shit. Was thinking about a w530/40 but I'd rather spend 700 on something that lasts maybe 6 years than 300 that lasts 2. I don't feel like I can trust /tpg/.

Thanks breh will give it a try. Should I just use two different OpenNIC servers that are in the UK for primary and secondary DNS or is it a good idea to pick a different provider for the secondary one?

I compile a lot of software, is there a program that lets me know when theres an update to the softwares that i compiled.

How do I become a Windows 10 Power User?

English as second language speaker here.
To check if a file is not corrupted, its integrity is verified.
What adjective can I use for "integrity is verified," as in "The file is..."?

>dropped phone with SD card into pond
>got them out and let SD card dry for a few weeks
>put into an adapter and plug into laptop
>reads the folder structure but says they're all empty
So is it dead or am I doing/did I do something wrong?

I'm looking at how to power 2x 230mm fans outside of a PC case. They draw 0.4A each so around 0.8A total at 12V. Would cutting the wires and sticking a USB port at the end work? What would be even better is a potentiometer somewhere in between.

Learn power shell

Any idea what this is?

Attached: 20190919_090559.jpg (4032x2268, 3.36M)

what's the best way to hook up my pc to a crt tv? do any of these hdmi to s-video converters actually work? any recommendations for one?

Why are you planning to do this?

Retro games, since I have a crt television in the same room as my pc.

Ah, makes sense.
Well it's way easier to just get a PC CRT with VGA input, you can get good results on those.
Other wise I suggest you check out

I'm using the latest version of 4chanX and I want to filter posts that contain no links to other websites. How do I do this?

Yeah I realize, that's why I wanted to know if I could easily work around that. Thanks, though.