Why are laptop keyboards so shit?

Why are laptop keyboards so shit?

Attached: 6335912_sd.jpg (3416x2316, 488K)

laptops are generally designed to be as cheap as possible

This, they're all scams meant to fleece the tech illiterate.

engineered to fail as often as possible so you buy a new laptop

stop using apple products

wtf is republic of gamers LOL

Wrong

Attached: IMG_2562.jpg (4032x3024, 2.96M)

There are mechanical keyboards (that I don't like) that cost more than this lenovo... it does fine.

Old thinkpads maybe. They've been the same turbo-ass since they switched to membranes

Asus gaming laptop line.

Wrong as well, they only changed key shape and layout, it's the same feel. I'd even say that newer Thinkpads feel better than old ones, I had a T60 and T400 and the keyboard was very gummy, while my T460 feels nice and crisp.

Proper keyboards went away when OEMs figured out you could have a unibody laptop with chiclet keys and people would still buy them. The unibody form factor is cheaper to make.

user, they've always been membrane keyboards. are you retarded?

Literal reddit lies
Dilate

Because you're not using a Thinkpad.

I've had 8 thinkpads over the years. T60, T400, T420s, T430s, X230, T450, T460, X1E. The new keyboards are fine.

It also has to do with how much it's been used and which of the 3 OEMs made your keyboard

Laptops are deprecated.

Attached: 527390-with-keyboard.jpg (740x416, 65K)

technology is deprecated

>because you said something i cant prove wrong im going to call you a redditor
they've always been membrane keyboards. the only real difference is the shape and key travel, neither of which severely effects the experience.
they're all terrible compared to mechanical keyboards so im gonna let you let that sink in right fast

>they're all terrible compared to mechanical keyboards
Debatable.

Pixelbook rocks.

no. they feel squishy and not as tactile as mechanical keyboards. they also feel more wobbly.

>republic of gamers
I wonder why the keyboard is shitty.

Because some weakling came and said laptop should be light and thin as possible, that's why you can't have a nice thing.

Dell Precisions and Pre-2014 ThinkPads beg to differ.