Are ryzen CPUs really that bad for gaming? ive heard horror stories of games having tons of bugs on ryzens

are ryzen CPUs really that bad for gaming? ive heard horror stories of games having tons of bugs on ryzens

Attached: ryzen.jpg (3637x2019, 3.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty,_and_doubt
twitter.com/AnonBabble

windows just gets unstable with NUMA.

Not really, what most people fail to realize is 99% of the time the GPU will always become the bottleneck far before the CPU does since only 1% are actually WILLING to spend $1,000+ for a gaymen GPU.

When you have the typical Rx 570/580 all the way up to a Vega 56/Rx 5700 the difference between an intel and AMD will be within single digit percentages. The reason why people go with AMD these days is better security and no performance crippling security patches that are included in windows updates by default.

Attached: output.webm (2048x1136, 305K)

Yes. Games don't run properly most of the time on Ryzen chips. Frequent crashes to desktop, AI errors and lag due to the budget cores they put in them. Jow Forums will try and shill you them, but in the real world, nobody who's serious about gaming buys anything AMD. Stick to the proven brands.

3000 series are best value for gaming and the game specific bugs from launch have all been fixed. You also get an effectual cooler in the box and can chose to go with the cheaper boards if you dont benefit from pci 4.0

>The reason why people go with AMD these days is better security and no performance crippling security patches that are included in windows updates by default.
Another reason to never use Windows 10 on your machines. Is it even possible to uninstall those patches anymore? From what we've learned about Spectre/Meltdown - they are only theoretically exploitable and even in perfect conditions it's a cat and mouse game.

pic related

>AI errors and lag due to the budget cores they put in them
I bite, do post some links.

>hurr durr shill shill shill hurr lmao brands I'm such an epic false flagging troll
I'm quoting everyone else who posted before the inevitable epic "who are you quoting" post from those same people.

I built a mid-range ryzen based PC last spring and it's going fine, even for gaming on linux.

theyre bad for people (enterprise) who use virtualization with untrusted 3rd parties. Its only bad for consumers because the patches that fix the vulnerabilities can have perf penalties. This is a really vague explanation but security vulnerabilities *shouldnt* be an issue for most but could be and its always best practice to patch your shit.

You can't ask other people to do your homework for you. The information is freely available.

What about all the intel security vulnerabilities and their accompanying security patches witch when compounded incure significant performance regressions? I'm not even talking about spectre and meltdown which slice SSD performance in half but what happens when you fully apply through windows updates + bios updates all the security mitigations for: RIDL, Fallout, Foreshadown, SGX attacks, and all the other sidechannel attacks? Is that a 2-3% performance hit? Maybe 5-7%? Maybe more?

What's the point of going with intel anymore if you're literally forced between getting fucked by hackers or cucked by intel?

It also sets a standard that the endurrprise has always been the test bed for technologies, including the exploits. And side channel attacks are more of an endemic symptom of the more pressing problem people are realizing with intel. Remember these cucked devtypes don't actually think (((they))) rule the world and want to know everything everyone is doing, thats why they put and entire kerenel stack in every one of their cpus even after it was also proven to be a security risk.

No search engine gives out anything about Ryzen and ''AI errors".

They are perfectly fine. CPU hasn't matter much for gayming shit since Sandy Bridge.

The GPU matters much more. If you are a streaming-fag then Zen shit are better choices at almost every price point.

i wouldnt know. ive been trying to buy a ryzen 9 3900 for 2 weeks. Out of stock everywhere

>are ryzen CPUs really that bad for gaming?
yes
>ive heard horror stories of games having tons of bugs on ryzens
because most game developers for pc don't use amd processors. the only time they do care about amd is when they're building programs for amd based consoles like xbox and ps4. and the only reason those consoles even use amd is because the chips are dirt cheap compared to intel's offerings.

because he's full of shit, I've been using a 2600 for a year and haven't had any noticeable problems.

Intel shit-pot stirrer

You don't deserve a 3900x

You need more threads than the 9900K for AMD to make sense as a gaming CPU, so if you are not going for a 12c/24t AMD CPU you are better off with Intel.

both AMD and intel get the same security updates, and it takes just 1 registry edit to disable all mitigations

I use a ryzen 3 2200g, the only issue I've had was screen tearing but I fixed that with only a few terminal commands

You really need to update yourself on CPU usage of modern games, CPU utilization of something like a 3770K will be 90-100% in a lot of modern games and it will be absolutely bottleneck your GPU.

I upgraded from a 3770K to a 9900K and the difference in frame rates is like 30-40% in almost any game.

The Samba vulnerabilities in the Wikileaks documents were entirely theoretical, too. Once they became public we got WannaCry and many others.

LeL almost had me. The only issue that was present was a weird rng implementation that fucked with destiny2, which has since been fixed.
>meanwhile intels literal cope stopgap product 9900kys ships with 127W tdp specified
These are strange days in the tech world

The brand shouldn’t matter. If you’re an idiot you will have errors no matter what. I’ve had Ryzen 2600 since it came out and haven’t had any issues.

if you hunt even the 0.1fps then yes they are worst
if you dont care loosing 2-3 fps here and there then no ryzen hands down is the best cpu for at least 2023

yes, they are, buy intel

Do you own Intel stock or why you shilling

5 shekels have been deposited to your jewtel shill account.

?????

The floral fields or Ryzen

Just get both ryzen and intel CPUs for appropriate purpose, don't be a poorfag

You're a retard. Using a laptop with Ryzen 2500u.
Every game I've thrown at it works, including the Witcher 3 which prefers Nvidia and Kingdom Come Deliverence

No, but some games do have somewhat reduced performance due to studios bending the knee to the ICC. (which gimps the program on anything that isn't an Intel processor)
The only time it might be a problem is in specific uses, like emulation, that really benefit from higher clock speeds and less cores rather than lower speeds and more cores.

I have an RX 580, Went from [email protected] GHz to r5-3600, and I no longer get any single stutters.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty,_and_doubt

3600 is literally the best gaming CPU.
3700x if you really need 8 cores right now.

>Not really, what most people fail to realize is 99% of the time the GPU will always become the bottleneck far before the CPU does since only 1% are actually WILLING to spend $1,000+ for a gaymen GPU.
That's not entirely true. I went from an X5675 @ 4.3 GHz to an R7 3700X and kept my Vega 56 (1440p 144Hz FreeSync). A few games I knew were CPU limited because the GPU was running at like 70% all the time (VSync off) but some games that used to use 99-100% GPU still get higher frame rates with the new CPU. I had to turn the settings way higher on Overwatch to avoid going over 144 Hz.

I'm using a piece of shit ryzen 1700 and other than being slower than other cpu's its fine

I have a 1st gen ryzen and gaming is fine. Then again I never run into issues using AMD/Intel/Nvidia products or Windows/Linux/Mac OS so I guess I'm "just lucky" with technology.

X5675 is an old cpu.

>are ryzen CPUs really that bad for gaming? ive heard horror stories of games having tons of bugs on ryzens

Attached: 1491958654249.png (653x726, 84K)