Is the lumia 800 still the most better phone ever created ?

Is the lumia 800 still the most better phone ever created ?
youtube.com/watch?v=nBsO3_XpH0Q

Attached: Nokia_Lumia_800_front.jpg (2710x3093, 1.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1410643
youtube.com/watch?v=1FNls9Hi6TQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. Everything was optimized. Everything worked. Navigation was fast. It just lacked app developers and that’s it. The cameras were the best at the time too.

>proprietary software
You can't call a phone best if the phone has it

DELET

THIS HIT THE FEELS TOO HARD.

It was fantastic

Windows phone had the best keyboard.

Fite me

no, and i'm still in WP, 930 owner and i can't switch.

this camera

Attached: WP_000090.jpg (3264x2448, 2.12M)

try to beat the lumia 800

Attached: WP_000092.jpg (3264x2448, 2.07M)

cute kot

Attached: WP_000481.jpg (3264x2448, 2.18M)

Had a Windows phone, honestly refreshing from the competition enjoyed it a lot. Why couldn't Microsoft get more devs in the store? Asking honestly, brain is size of pea.

It was
It's my cat, i...
no more words, sorry

Attached: WP_001183.jpg (3264x2448, 2.06M)

I genuinely loved my lumia the worst part though was lack of app support. Damn shame too that phone was sexy.

very cute catto indeed

shit was super well built
the squares were kino

Had a couple Windows phones, a Samsung and a Nokia. OS was interesting and live tiles were a good idea but the locked down nature of the thing meant you couldn't really do much aside from fart around with your tile locations and devs thought WP was cancer. Sorta doomed to fail.

It has a gay fucking bird on it.

Microsoft fucked over the developers twice with the Windows phone, first it abandoned Windows mobile 6.5 in favor of Windows Phone 7, leaving no way to port existing apps to WP7. Then, it did the same shit with WP8 - even though WP7 and WP8 looked the same, the apps were incompatible and there was no way to upgrade a WP7 device to WP8. Then came WP10, and it couldn't run on most of the WP8 devices, so now the users were fucked.

>tfw wanted the one with the xboxhuge camera on it
>tfw got an android instead
kill me now lads

Lumia 710 is fine too.
Lack of app sideload killed WP7.

I wonder if it is possible to flash Android there. Hardware is probably capable of ICS, or maybe even KitKat, which have more apps and shit.
I really love my Lumia 710 camera. No modern phone (that would be as cheap) would make digital camera grade photos.

920 in yellow

This was one time Microsoft did something right, but fucked up with their Windows Mobile spirit of apps. WP7 is WinCE, Microsofts best OS ever designed, but lack of ability to install WM 5.0 or WM 6.5 apps without fuckery (fun fact, they will run with little to no changes, back in the day I ran WinMo 6.5 Opera on WP7) killed it.
People expected to install apps, but they decided to copy worst fucking thing about iPhone.

>garbage design
>garbage gimped software
>questionable specs
Windows phone was a fucking disgrace and a slap in the face of ALL old windows mobile users and developers.

>garbage design
It is decent. Finally a design, which allowed for my fat finger to click the right thing, while being 100% visible on sun.
>garbage gimped software
>questionable specs
Those killed WP
>Windows phone was a fucking disgrace and a slap in the face of ALL old windows mobile users and developers.
Yeah. They should not have closed ability to run any app you want.
In order to run my apps I wrote I had to pay $99/year, which is insane, and I didn't because I cracked the shit out.

How did you install it?

I don't remember exactly, it was back in 2012-2013.
I think I extracted *.cab file with Opera Mobile. I don't quite remember how I turned that into *.xap, but it worked out eventually, since it still allows to run Windows Mobile *.exe under the hood.
Apparently somebody else did it too. forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1410643

Hm. Can I install Windows Phone 6.5 today screen and shit on WP7?

Yep. Just a wrapper for WinMo 5.0 app

Attached: rip wp7 you won't be missed.png (512x696, 87K)

From a ux perspective, it was the greatest phone I ever used. We could have had informative and interactive live tiles but instead today we have a jumble of random icons on a small screen like it's Windows 95.

Interesting. Too bad there is no way to make most wm programs run, I guess most would require much more missing DLLs and features

You people sure get attached to random shit that wasn't particularly better. Any phone with Windows was a fucking disaster, that OS was a piece of shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=1FNls9Hi6TQ
Apparently somebody tried to do this.
I think we kinda need to kindly ask for source code and shit, because this is actually good. Basically an app, which launches WinMo 6.1 everything, except kernel.
Or download WinMo 6.1, which is like 300 MiB.

Shit, might install Windows for this reason on PC.
Though I'm more interested in running Android on this shit, but I suspect that 99.9% of things like camera won't work.

Huh. Will try to upload app via JPEG, and then rename it and install XAP.
Whoever designed that crap caused millions and millions of dollars not to appear

Hm... Is there WinMo 5.0 web browser with HTML5 + JS?
I think I can make use of this Nokia

windows phone was wasted potential with zero apps or customizability and the only people i ever knew who had windows phones were microsoft store employees

This. Cloning iPhone appstore was a mistake.
WP7 haven't taught Microsoft anything, thus they made Windows 10 S...

But thats not N9

nope the best phone ever created was the Nokia n9. the design Microsoft stole for the Lumia series. it had the best fullscreen gesture system and was over all just the most satisfying phone I have ever used. it was just way ahead of it's time so most people missed out on it. God I miss meego...

They had so much potential.
We had a bunch of these at my company. There was still somebody using theirs until 6~ months ago.

I went to a conference with work and Microshaft were there, I won a £800 WinPhone.

I sold it on ebay the next day it was absolute shit. I also owned an entry level windows phone - that was actually quite good as the OS itself provided value for money but now Android is ahead.

But no, never again.

There's a lot of windows phone fans for some reason. The hardware was pretty good at the time but beyond that there's not much reason to be such a fan. There's that one phone with a huge camera bump but beyond that they weren't special, just flagship quality.

My friend went from loaning my shitty 3 year old android phone that was $250 in 2010, to a $500 brand new windows phone. Of course it seemed amazing. Most windows phone fans have made this kind of journey.

WP was doomed to fail due to its locked ecosystem, too bad it had to kill Nokia.

Microsoft was very developer hostile from the get go, even worse than Google and Apple.

I remember publishing app for the WPOS was a literal impossibility.

Ahh yes apple and being dev friendly
bitch please

Their SDK is at least competently made.

>nope the best phone ever created was the Nokia n9. the design Microsoft stole for the Lumia series. it had the best fullscreen gesture system and was over all just the most satisfying phone I have ever used. it was just way ahead of it's time so most people missed out on it. God I miss meego...

Sailfish.

This thing is not a phone, this is a joke.

Why doesn't MS just make a Surface phone with a similar UI (updated to match Fluent) using Android?

>710
Come on dude... the WP8 Lumias blew 710 and 800 out of the water.

Close. The 920/925/1020 were peak smartphone. Everything went to fucking shit after that.

they should revive this and make the whole black part the screen

I still have one

I'm so sorry to hear this

my chinkphone is better than this

*blocks your path*

Attached: 329121-nokia-lumia-1020-at-t.jpg (774x648, 47K)

I miss it so much bros
the greatest phone camera of all time

why?
that's the fact
i still use lumia 930 and i love that phone, and WP

Yes, Lumia phones are the best dumb phones ever made.

Windows Phone 8.1*

Windows 10 Mobile fucked the keyboard, it's a bit less accurate, but fucking hell was it a laggy piece of shit.

Mainly 'cause nobody bought the fucking things.

>winblows
>most better phone
shill pajeet-kun cannot into english

Had Microsoft simply filled every gap with a Microsoft-developed app, they would have won. Trying to attract third-party developers was stupid as hell. (I know some shitty social media platform or other (maybe Instagram?) refused to make an app and also prohibited WP apps from using their APIs or whatever. Microsoft should have made their own direct competitor in every such case.)

this

windows phone had best ui

This. MS were most of the time the best apps and the most battery efficient apps. There were some problems for example that they did not put a file manager in default even though every windows nigger would expect something like that.

Windows Phone was awesome. I'm really pissed they won't try their hand in a Surface phone.