It fucking sucks

It fucking sucks.

Attached: A FUCKING FOOT.png (600x600, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/gnome/status/1157330013353467905
stopthemingmy.app/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>two bars

Finally someone said it

I have only two arguments against it.
>systemd
>desktop environment

Systemd and desktop environments are both bad for the same reason: namely, they're the absolute personifications of feature creep.

An init system's sole responsibility should be to start and manage system daemons. Note the plural "daemons." A good init system exists only to facilitate organizing the responsibilities of daemons. It doesn't take on any of those responsibilities on its own.

And then there's desktop environments. A good GUI should provide a simple interface for preexisting other components installed on your system. It should be extensible to encompass any such components, and most of all, the interface it provides should be an interface. A desktop environment skips the "preexisting other components" part and tries to provide a unified collection of purely graphical system management tools -- once again, taking on an immense and highly inappropriate amount of responsibility for a single program.

>gnome
>feature creep

Your mom sucks.

It's for Fisher Price tacky brainlets

desktop environments besides GNOME are actually modular unlike systemd

Yeah, its just creeping the other way.

>An init system's sole responsibility should be to start and manage system daemons.
RC nor systemd are "init systems". You have no idea what you're talking about or what systemd is.
Good luck not having logind and trying to use wayland by the way.

For me, it's KDE

Attached: KKK.png (3000x3000, 133K)

Works on my machine

You can make it look almost exactly like windows though. Just put the bar on the bottom and make the icons smaller

It literally sucks in every single way.
It lacks even the most basic of features, while KDE has everything you could ever ask for, and more.

Name a feature it is lacking

Per-folder view settings.
Being able to specify literally anything other than the format when creating an archive.
Mouse acceleration settings.
System SFX.
Speed. Because haha I sure love JS in my DE.
A software center that isn't buggy as fuck.
File picker icons.
Desktop icons? (Not so sure about this one, I heard they removed those recently, because lmao fuck you)
Process and I/O priority settings in System Monitor.
A sane and non-SJW dev team. twitter.com/gnome/status/1157330013353467905
Also this fucking autism: stopthemingmy.app/ Fuck you and your desire to customize stuff.
It's literally Windows 8, at least out of the box. While this is subjective, let's be real: Who the hell enjoyed Windows 8's clusterfuck UI? Nobody, that's who. *Everybody* was complaining. GNOME is basically the same crap.

The list goes on and on.

>systemd isn't an init system
Which is exactly why it's fucking disgusting. It's known for one thing and expects you to drag everything else onboard with it.
"Suites" do not belong on a Unix machine. I make a special exception for GNU because it's nearly unavoidable, but even this exception I make only reluctantly.
>not having logind
Logind solves the problem. Why wouldn't I have it?
>trying to use wayland
Why would I do that?
Yup, it's pretty exemplary of it. That's right, I genuinely believe gnome should have even FEWER features, by a WIDE FUCKING MARGIN. In fact, I believe it should get rid of every feature that allows you to control any functions of your computer that don't directly relate to putting windows and icons on the screen. If it did that, A) it sure as hell wouldn't need systemd anymore, and B) maybe I'd actually use it.
I've seen a touch of this with XFCE. I have yet to see it with any other desktop environment.

How is that a counterargument to what you replied to

I don't need any of those features, so KDE having them is just bloat.

The political views of the dev team are irrelevant, it's FOSS. They can't use the software to force their views on you like microsoft does.

You can manually copy .desktop files and put them on the desktop. To run them you have to right click them and choose “enable” or something. But it does work

It’s kind of stupid, though. Doing it like this puts an ugly arrow on the icon. I don’t understand why they disable .desktop files to just be executable automatically.

>choices are bloat
get a load of this nigger

Don't use it then? What's the point of this threads? If you don't like it there's plenty other DEs to choose from.

It sucks super bad.

No choices aren't bloat. But KDE is, so that's why I was happy that I had the "choice" of deleting it off my computer.

He made the choice to use the DE that fits his needs. So the fuck are you on about?

I don’t understand all the complaints.
>it doesn’t feel like a good layout, too different from windows
Then fucking change it. You have a lot of customization opens. You can change the position of the task bar and you can install the gnome tweak too (available on the official repository) to change almost anything, you can change the bar size, icon size, you can even turn off animations completely. You can put icons on the desktop. The complains about its “flow” don’t really make sense when you can customize the layout how you want
>too slow
Again, you can turn off animations completely, are people even aware of this?

The ONLY legit complaint is that it’s resource intensive, although I think this is often overstated and by all reports is going to be really improved in following updates.

You don't need speed?

What about the complaints that it's a desktop environment and depends on systemd

imagine using foot fetish desktop enviroment

>/g says GNOME sucks
>actuallly try it and is fucking awesome
the never listen to /g meme is real

You're a retarded masochist if you unironically enjoy GNOME. Period.

The performance issues affected one release and are fixed now

I don't need to "enjoy" GNOME, I just need it to fucking work and stay out of the way, something KrapDE can't archieve, only NEETS with to much free time would use that pos, GNOME is more stable and stays out of the way for people who just wan't to work instead of do useless ricing.

Jesus fucking Christ, this is what a FOOTtards really believe

not an argument

This. GNOME may be an unoptimized tablet UI ripoff but KDE is just the worst fucking piece of trash in existence. KDE users have no ground on which to criticize GNOME users.

I just installed GNOME on my Gentoo box. I don't know if Gentoo optimizations make it better or if they've just improved it recently, but its actually fucking fast and good. Classic Shell is unironically my favorite DE now.

Attached: gentoo-logo-1.png (666x800, 119K)

Trying it right now, thanks.

For me, it's XFCE

Fuck foot fags!

Attached: 1551058044828.png (816x684, 464K)

yes

for me it's i3 with an anime girl wallpaper

It has been getting faster with most updates since the initial GNOME 3 launch, with the last update basically being nothing but optimizations

Everyone says that Gnome is super demanding, and I understand it is for most computers. But for some reason it just seems to run better for me than most other DEs. I have AMD cards which seem to have tons of compatibility issues with a lot of distros, sometimes they won’t even boot or will have weird graphical errors. But I’ve been using Ubuntu’s normal gnome environment and it seems to work really well and smooth, especially when I turned off animations. Bizarre as it sounds it just seems to perform better for me, the applications open up faster even compared to XFCE or KDE.

Feet are the best, user.

Attached: 20190726 Vicki Mata Feet 193814.jpg (1847x3264, 2.94M)

Yeah it kinda does. I tried it several times over the last 2 years and I cannot get over the lack of features and performance.

KDE has the features I want, but with compositing it chokes a little bit while playing gaymes. MATE is not exactly "modern" by any means but at least it's not a mess like GNOME.

feet are great but gnome sucks

user, this is disgusting.

user, you need to acquire a taste for feet.

Attached: 20161004 Vicki Mata Feet 115906.jpg (1629x2389, 2.33M)

What's wrong with KDE?

those are the lowest quality toes I've seen in the last week or so.

get a better taste.

Ubuntu's version a bit like Unity. But vanilla Guuhnooome sucks donkey balls.

>analOnTheFirstDate.jpg

No, thanks. It's awful.
I already have taste for something much greater.

Attached: vlcsnap-2017-03-30-23h09m17s220.thumb.png.931833a758b4def4498cdefc757913f7.png (500x281, 202K)

seething footcel

True but everything else sucks even more. What do you prefer?

KDE masterrace, bitch

>A good GUI should provide a simple interface for preexisting other components installed on your system. It should be extensible to encompass any such components, and most of all, the interface it provides should be an interface.
You just described a desktop environment. And no, your makeshift environment you wasted tens of hours to configure using separate, badly integrated programs in order to recreate what is probably just a shittier Emacs in the end is either less capable or just as "bloated", whatever the fuck that means. Stop the autismo, nobody is impressed you're able to edit text files with a console editor.
t. infected by the tiling mind virus for two goddamn years and finally healed myself

Layout of Gnome may be annoying, true...but why does it seem like everything just werkz on it? always have problems on other DEs with tearing or weird resourcage usage. on gnome i have no weird graphical artifacts or anything and despite the expectedly high resource usage it doesnt seem to make my fan go loud or anything

does anyone know if the next update in ubuntu is going to have a less resource intensive GNOME?

yuh