Mouse Thread

What are some good mouse recommendations? I've never really been disappointed by Logitech in the past, but this Master MX 2 has me at my limit. The mouse works fine but it has a god awful scroll wheel and now the sensor in it isn't even reporting my scrolls accurately. I had my reservations when I saw that it's ability to have a more tactile feedback was controlled by windows only software WTF how many people require frictionless fucking scrollwheels anyways?

Anyone got any recommendations for something with a similar right-hand design to the MX Master 2, but with an actually decent scroll wheel? I don't game, but a few extra macro buttons would be nice as well. I had a g700 before hand and that mouse lasted for YEARs and was great!

Also, general mouse finding thread.

Attached: 61Bd7og6RaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1276x1140, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JDLKTUWVDbk
github.com/pwr-Solaar/Solaar
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have this mouse, I run linux, the button you see pictured above the mouse wheel toggles the click vs free scroll. You suck.

MX Master S2 sucks for me because the Bluetooth capability lags and stutters constantly for me, I have to use the dongle.

I have this mouse, it's pretty good if you have the extra money for it. Buy once, cry once right? The sensor's a bit wonky, sometimes the pointer jumps across the screen but that's my only gripe. Rechargeable battery lasts a day and it's a big mouse for a super comfy palm grip, good scroll wheel like you want, and it has a low-dpi sniper mode that comes in handy for image editing.

Attached: spatha.jpg (640x480, 32K)

now that's a happy guy

Attached: b v.png (164x221, 33K)

>wireless mouse
Dont
Get a g403 it's great and cheap. Or get a g500s if u want to spend a bit more, had one for 5+ happy years until the sensor started to fail eventually. Decent mouse that doesnt look like some crazed spaceship.

Attached: 1567747443114.jpg (750x1019, 857K)

Lasts a day?

Am I missing something here? My mouse lasts a few months on a single charge. Increased power consumption due to a more powerful sensor or just a teeny tiny battery?

I don't need some sort of ultra high input lag. I have all of my tools and junk on my desk so wireless mouse is a pretty big requirement for me now.

*ultra high input speed

I just got the MX master 2 a month ago and tis such a downgrade from my previous MX performance despite costing more

>I had my reservations when I saw that it's ability to have a more tactile feedback was controlled by windows only software WTF how many people require frictionless fucking scrollwheels anyways?
It doesn't control tactile anything, the smartshift detects the speed you flick your wheel to switch to freespin mode. Also it's very useful for people who scroll through long web pages and documents all day.
Check youtube for MX Master wheel fix, maybe the autoswitch motor inside is faulty.
In case you want a new mouse with a better wheel the MX 3 has a new magnetic wheel with no physical contacts at all.

>gamer aesthetic
>battery lasts a single day
>faulty sensor
You serious bought that thing for 95 bucks and think it is good?

I use the apple Magic Trackpad. It is better than a mouse because you are not constantly moving your shoulders to use it.

I can't recommend the Logitech G502 enough. Not only the customization is absolutely amazing, but the warranty is God tier too. I had an issue with mine after I dropped a jug of protein powder onto it, it fell right on the scroll wheel and now it no longer clicks. I gave them a call and pretended it stopped working by itself and the absolute madmen sent me a new one without even asking for a return. So now I remapped the middle click to left-tilt (which is even comfier than middle clicking anyway) and use the broken mouse at work and the new one at home. The sensor on this mouse is absolutely perfect, the scroll wheel is smooth as fuck, and all the buttons are in the perfect spot. I remap the snipe button to F5 for easy refreshing on Jow Forums.

I require tactile feedback on my scroll wheel and associate the tactile event with a distinct amount of travel. The idea of it being totally magnetic sounds horrible.

The G502 has great clicky feedback for the scroll wheel, it also has the infinite scroll for scrolling those long ass threads. The scroll wheel is amazing, even better than the old G500 or G500S.

There is tactile feedback created by magnetic pull
youtube.com/watch?v=JDLKTUWVDbk

I bought a cheap logitech mouse 2 years ago - about 20 bucks and it worked fine. Yesterday it broke and I bought another Logitech el-cheapo for 24 bucks.
I wouldn't mind spending money on a quality mouse, but a hundred bucks shitting itself after 2 years seems like a waste of money.

is the stopper that generates the feedback controlled by software like the MX master, or is it a physical switch you depress to snap against the wheel?

I have the first generation of this at work and the scroll wheel is great, I love the flick into freespin mode, but the software for it is typical logitech garbage. The g502 might be more up your alley, it has a button directly under the scroll wheel to enter freespin mode mechanically instead.

Not sure what you mean, the clicky feedback is produced by a mechanism that is engaged by the button.

Is the mechanism engages by an electronic signal caused by software or is it a mechanical solution that pushes the system for example into place?

MX Master 1, 2, 3 the first, G502 the second. G502 takes it's scroll wheel from the G9x really.

I have a collection of Logitech mouses now it seems, G502 that's 5 years old, G9x which is even older but the middle button has somewhat gone, a first generation MX Master for about 2 years, and just recently picked up an original MX518 for free with a tonne of gunk on the rubber, which after a good clean came out looking really nice and also works perfectly. Logitech also tend to just send out new mice to people if they have issues.

I'm intrigued by the magnetic mechanism in the new mx 3. It's completely silent in stepped mode.

i have one of these, had it for about 10 months. the left pointer is getting really soft and not rebounding. what can i do? if i grab it and push/pull it a few times (up and down) it's okay for the rest of the day, but it's starting to get annoying to do that

Look into solaar if you use a logitech mouse on linux.
github.com/pwr-Solaar/Solaar

Any wireless mice that is also type 2?