Does IPV6 even exist?

Does IPV6 even exist?

Attached: Anatomy-of-an-IPv6-Address.jpg (562x408, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

test-ipv6.com/
ietf.org/rfc/rfc3775.txt
apenwarr.ca/log/20170810
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

then why it's never used?

Because everyone still wants to stick to IPv4 and IPv5 is already enough for every computer for the next gajillion years, especially if you consider that when computers will leave earth and go create non-earth based networks that there won't be any problem either. Also, why introduce even more tracking?

Weren't we gonna run out of IPv4 addresses?

it is if the entire route to what you're trying to view supports it.

your ISP, the web server and everything in between has to have it enabled. then depending on your ISP they may or may not route it through ipv6 (go to google, type what is my ip, if it returns ipv6 addr your ISP is good)

you won't even notice.

forgot the link to test support on your ISP: test-ipv6.com/

except it will be a little bit faster, and dhcpv6 is faster too

where i work we have full functional ipv4 and ipv6 from the user stations to the internet and i live near the amazon rainforest.
step it up breh.
we already ran out of blocks to distribute years ago. there are unallocated ipv4 addresses but they are privately owned so nobody can do anything about it.

RIPE / others are recycling unused addresses and blocks right now, this will keep us going for the meantime.

here in the UK we're nowhere near full ipv6 roll-out so im not sure what's going to happen in the near future.

:(

Attached: no_ipv6.png (1920x999, 183K)

haha cuck

How do you specify ports with this shit?

>IPv5
does not exist
>every computer for the next gajillion years
Wrong, we will have more devices that need an ip than ip and cg-nat is trash.
>especially if you consider that when computers will leave earth and go create non-earth based networks that there won't be any problem either
wtf are you talking about? ipv6 solves this problem, no reason to find workarounds or to use your retarded idea.
>why introduce even more tracking?
FUD.
ipv6 allows temporary adresses
you can identify the AS with ipv4 therefore the geographical location and the owners. The AP can also get your hw address, we can already track you with ipv4.
also this : ietf.org/rfc/rfc3775.txt

The fact that is has no NAT should be enough to make anyone with a brain change to ipv6 or atleast push for it in your company.

Yes

Attached: 2019-09-07 19_42_53.png (1384x1144, 253K)

NAT just works

Someone said IPv6 needs IPv4 for initialising. Is that true or can IPv6 completely work without using any IPv4 related things?

It depends on your ISP

if your ISP supports dual stack IPv4/IPv6 then you should have no problems with either IPv4 OR IPv6.

Attached: froggis.png (1260x469, 130K)

It's very alive, if you're on Chrome then it's already preferring ipv6 on ipv4 every time

They can prefer it all they want, unless my ISP decides to start using IPv6, it doesn't matter what chrome prefers to use.

NAT makes more since though.

I don't want my internal IP getting out there in the world.

Routers make better firewalls than devices.

Ipv6 is pushed to collect more data on everyone

you don't know how IPv6 works if you think that.

Because IPv6 was created not only to solve the small address space of IPv4, but also to go back to the time when a single address could identify a computer anywhere in a network. The promise of IPv6 was to drop layers and the distinction between switching and routing (and mobile IP, which meant that you could indeed move around networks while staying connected, as "connection" generally means a tuple of host addresses and ports on either side), but as long as legacy protocols such as IPv4 exist in parallel, you simply can't drop that complexity.
apenwarr.ca/log/20170810

there is also NAT in ipv6, the private IP range is called "Unique Unicast" and you can easily NAT it to the external world

Just append a colon and a port to the bracketed IP address.

NAT is not firewall, though the two are often combined into one. You can have either (or both) on IPv6.

It won't in Canada fir at least another 500 years.

Oo la la Sacre bleu

the problem is with sites, almost nothing supports ipv6.
Jow Forums included

Most agree with this

>actually having ipv6 enabled
lmao it's like you literally want to invite the botnet

>Your ISP is given in clear inside of the address
>you won't even notice
>except it will be a little bit faster
Internet is almost unusable since my ISP forced ipv6 to be used

>there are unallocated ipv4 addresses but they are privately owned so nobody can do anything about it
that's not entirely true. quite a few blocks each year or so are sold off to ISPs and other providers around the world.. so, there's plenty being done about it. for example, Australia's telecommunications company TPG bought several blocks of ipv4 addresses from the UK only a few years ago. Some Aussie residents and customers of this telco experience websites telling them they are from the UK (like Jow Forums, websites devs are retarded and rely on the IP block for geolocation).

But it is. IPv6 is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, on this very website. You can see it when you load images from 4cdn or when you click on YouTube links. You can feel it when you use Google... when you watch Netflix... when you shamefully log into Facebook and type her name again. It is an integral part of the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Unfortunately. It's going to deanonymize the internet.

When he mentioned ipv5 it just drives home the fact that everyone on 4chin is basically a larper who doesn't know what they're talking about and only browses Jow Forumsto pretend they're smarter than the rest of their class while they take computer programming 101 while riding the coattails of the old Jow Forums that all either became a shill or jailed.

Attached: 1547522247510.jpg (500x360, 151K)

HOW THE FUCK DOES IT KNOW WHAT MY LOCAL LANGUAGE IS WHERE DOES IT GET THAT INFORMATION FROM

Attached: 2019-09-19_17-50.png (1600x724, 148K)

Jow Forums - tech illiterates

No... I don't believe it. It's impossible!

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-19 (41) Matrix - Is a control wmv - YouTube.png (704x517, 409K)

Did you maybe configure your browser to prefer content in Greek?
>Accept-Language: el,en-US;q=0.7,en;q=0.3

of course not i always prefer content in english

IPv5???? OMG my professor did not cover that. He only showed us IPv4 and says we'll be doing IPv6 next week....

IPv6 is stupid and that fucking boomer Deering was clearly stroking his ego when he wrote that RFC. Fuck IPv6!

He's Greek, you'll forgive him. They're special. See how they handle money? It's the same with everything else...

checked
also same

Attached: file.png (821x452, 85K)

Accidentally it's a firewall, because it can't route incoming connections. How to choose where to route them?

NATs can have static routing. Most of them can be hole-punched through via UDP too. They're not a real firewall.

>It's going to deanonymize the internet.
It's really not. IPv4 addresses aren't better for privacy in any meaningful way.

Unfortunately. The "advantage" is built in security. And other bullshit like having a fuckload of private addresses for shit like your wifi enabled bad dragon dildo.

What addresses? My whole city is behind NAT, it's like small tor.

our company isnt switching unless everyone else in the world drops ipv4 support tomorrow
ipv4 literally just works

>it's like small tor.
Except of all of the stuff that actually makes Tor secure.

because the way it looks is fucking retarded
who thought addresses like
>2a00:1450:400a:804::2004
are a good idea?

Keeps those who don't know OUT.

ISP gave me one, I disabled it.
Jow Forums doesn't even support it.

We already have my dude. For a while now.

They do translation to direct them.

how is it worse than 123.123.123.1?

It's uniform. All numbers. Not near as intimidating as 2a00:1450:400a:804::2004. The fuck are these numbers and letters doing together? Why are some of the fields shorter than others? ::?????

>It's uniform. All numbers.
Getting used to hex doesn't take much effort.

>Why are some of the fields shorter than others?
The "::" means omitted groups. It's kind of nessisary with that many digits.

Attached: 800px-Ipv6_address_leading_zeros.svg.png (800x474, 23K)

Yes. When I check the IP of seeders/peers on torrents there is a lot of IPV6

>intimidating
Fuck off

>intimidating
is this how you say "problematic" in tech?

'You think that is air you are breathing?'

China gets a smaller pool of IPv4 addresses than UC Berkeley so they've been eagerly adopting IPv6. Their planning to have IPv4 completely phased out in their country by 2025.

Dark nets and 3 letter agency's all use ipv6. Just assign a few million addresses to yourself and g2g.

Attached: mcdonalds.jpg (1280x720, 488K)

The only issue I've had is with my shut ISP (unitymedia).
Have to use an external portmapper to access my server from the outside.

ipv5 was just for testing

dude... you just shot your self in the neck, ipv5 does exist, the release numbers increase by 1 not two but the in between one is considered just for the lols and ipv6 wont be ever popular because its already obsolete

Relax you fucking turbo spergs, it was a fucking joke.