Ubuntu flavors

Which Ubuntu flavor do you prefer? Why?

Attached: ubuntu flavors.jpg (640x480, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You mean, GNU flavors.

Fuck off freefag

GNU+flavors

Debian flavor

Mint Xfce/Cinnamon > Kubuntu > Xubuntu > any other *buntu

Is budgie good yet

I never used linux outside of a class (bsd user):

why can't you install the basic ubuntu and then install any windows manager+desktop you'd like? why ubuntu needs all these repackages and how do they differ?

minimal netinstall then install the crap I need.

help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD

It will never be good because it's literally just GNOME without lag.

You can, but most people want convenience.

xubuntu

>why can't you install the basic ubuntu and then install any windows manager+desktop you'd like?
I mean, you don’t always have great luck doing this. If you download multiple DEs they might interact with each other in strange ways, like seeing the windows of one appear in another. Using just one DE you never have this problem

I wish I could use it but it gives me really bad screen tearing. I try to use Compton, and it sort of helps, but there’s still some weird display issues. It’s a real shame.

ass flavor

Xubuntu 19.10 comes with XFCE 14.4. That fixes screen tearing.

Because it's too hard for the average Ubuntu user

Mint Xfce fixed tearing years ago. If you want Xfce you won't find a better distro than Mint.

ancient debian is the best

Attached: f.png (1600x900, 1.62M)

ᓭℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ᒷ ᓵꖌ !¡ ||J ᓭℸ ̣ !¡ ᔑ⊣⊣Jℸ ̣ ꖌꖌᒷ リ⊣⊣ᒷ∷

Ubuntu doesn’t exactly make it easy. Look up XFCE or Xubuntu in the package manager and you get a bunch of confusing options

IMO it would be better for them to have an official PPA with all the DEs and not just dumping meta packs and all the individual data files in the package manager

>which kind of mental disability do you prefer? why?

MATE is the most well put together out of all of them, they include a tweak tool with different compositors from the start and even have a bunch of different desktop layouts to choose from. You can make it look exactly like windows if you want

bassed

I was looking MATE these days, it looks very user-friendly.

Kek.

I think Lubuntu has a really amazing presentation, love how the icons look

Attached: CFF56E12-9B60-4D52-8F1D-5F892D15B572.png (1361x768, 871K)

Eh, you get the same thing on Mint Xfce just with a better DE.

>German
Even if you speak german/are german.
Why the fuck dont you have everything set on English.

Because maybe he is German and wants his system in his native language, perhaps?

Why do people like Xfce? It's not a bad DE but I'm not sold, it claims to be lightweight, fast and shit but it's just as demanding as KDE on my laptop.

Is Lxqt stable these days?

Whoa they have Sasuke flavor, based.

Yes, but ubuntu budgie ships with an ugly theme, retarded defaults and plank installed. The best out of the box budgie experience is unsurprisingly on solus.

heh

It just works, and it is highly customizable without having a clusterfuck of options menus like plasma does.

Everyone says that Gnome is super demanding, and I understand it is for most computers. But for some reason it just seems to run better for me than most other DEs. I have AMD cards which seem to have tons of compatibility issues with a lot of distros, sometimes they won’t even boot or will have weird graphical errors. But I’ve been using Ubuntu’s normal gnome environment and it seems to work really well and smooth, especially when I turned off animations. Bizarre as it sounds it just seems to perform better for me, the applications open up faster even compared to XFCE or KDE.

mint

Neon, which is basically Kubuntu done correctly.

In the past Xubuntu. Nowadays ubuntu MATE.

Using English reduces your IQ

Because Xfce is simple as fuck, easy to understand and very stable. It's kinda like the opposite of KDE. The only thing KDE is better at is having wayland support, using Qt and having a lot more tools and options.

Kubuntu LTS

Because I like Plasma and dont care about shiny new things

UbuntuMATE, once most of all that green is done away with.

and redpilled