Youtube is ruining my life:

Youtube is ruining my life:
I want to get rid of it... It's worse than smoking, I managed to quit smoking but I can't find the discipline to quit Youtube.
Have you managed to quit it? Do you have any advice?
I wasted and wasting so much time.

Attached: youtube.png (896x504, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kiMcX3Fa2Us
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just don't visit there. But your bashing and drama inciting is noted.

Are you retarded, just because I wrote three dots, doesn't mean I want drama. I just want an advice.
Return to Reddit, tranny.

Find something constructive to fill the time, such a hobby, getting a job, etc

>three dots
zoomers who don't get taught cursive don't even know what an ellipsis is for. anyways, use youtube-dl to download what you want to watch and then don't use youtube

I know what is the use of an ellipsis, but on internet it's sometimes used to emphasize something.
It makes a phrase more emotional.
Thank you for the advice tho.

>but on internet
Writing on the internet is no different than writing on paper, the rules don't suddenly change because the medium is different.

you cant detox yourself, you can only be to busy to look at it. so do other stuff instead to keep your mind off of it. like a hobby/job.

lol k

>t. boomer

Oh really, so if we follow your logic, we can not use abbreviations like: lol, omg, youareapieceoftrash?
Grammar and internet are separated things.

Also grammar is made by people, people can create, change or even destroy grammar when they want.

I got shadow banned.
I dont get notifications when someone replies to my comments.After that i lost incentive to use it.If the greatest human invention is filtered to a point where third party forbids tlyou to communicate then fuck it i wont use the service

How can you be addicted to Youtube? I never understood this, my friend gets home from work, starts youtube and spams me constantly with youtube vids I am not even interested. I told him to stop watching videos but he wont.

Attached: akaru.jpg (464x439, 79K)

Because retards like me got so used to instant gratification, that youtube and other "fast" media are the only things they can watch-see.

the problem is there is absolutely no alternative

Attached: 1568748735917.gif (500x490, 1.99M)

I haven't quit youtube yet, but I have an rss for the 4-5 channels that follow and when a new vid comes out I see it in my rss feed and can open the links in mpv. Feels comfy

What exactly is your addiction to YouTube? Watching videos and if so what kind? Commenting? Creating content of your own and posting it?

All this will depend exactly how to proceed. However if you just want alternative sites, I'd look into PeerTube. It's the open source , federated alternative (and not predicated on cryptocurrency thankfully) and you could even run your own instance if you wished.

I just watch sadly.

>Have you managed to quit it?
I never needed to, you run out of quality content pretty quick on Youtube

Okay. Why do you want to quit? Is it that you don't want to support YouTube specifically? You feel you spend too much time watching media overall?

What is it about YouTube that keeps you there compares to say...watching Netflix, TV shows elsewhere online, torrents etc?

First of all, I can always find interesting content.
I just watch it because It gives me the feel of doing something useful. ( for example I can watch a video about programming or technology )
Youtube is free, it has a lot of content and it is about a lot of subjects ( technology, art, music etc.. )
It gives me what I want fast. Instant gratification.

have something better to do.

In what way is this impacting your life? Literally no different than watching tv. If you feel it is hindering you in some way, then your problem isn't youtube, its the internet as a whole, go on a internet diet.

I need to do stuff, but because of the instant gratification youtube gives me, I can't finish what I want.
Internet diet? You mean going offline for a month?

Certain people, not you

I used the app to see my watch time and never pass 2 hours a day. Had it a pretty good streak of 1 year.
It was good while it lasted, I'm addicted again, but it's no where near 6 hours a day anymore.

I mean just quit using the computer and internet, live your life without it.
>a month
why are you setting up limits already before you even started? you sound like a junkie user, just quit it and live your life. heres an idea, only use the internet away from home, libraries, coffee shops and such.

>having friends
fuck off normalfag

Because I am a junkie, an internet junkie.
Actually the internet away from home is a very good idea, I will do it.
I never thought that Jow Forums can help me this much. Thank you anons. You are a bunch of good people after all.

it's fuckin cool. hard to find good shit on youtube but when you do it's pretty addictive.

What a fucking piece of turbo nigger you are my dude. Also dilate.

same for me
without really noticing it I spend over 4 hours a day on YouTube and do it whenever I can

fucking lol

youtube's algorithm made me quit.

>10 year old documentary
>can't believe i found her doing this
>buy my merch
>unboxing
>phone drop test
>news story
>prank video
>cancer
>cancer
>buy my merch
>prank video

What did you even watch?

Get better tastes.

no the problem is that youre a dopamine addicted zoomer

>Youtube is ruining my life:
>I want to get rid of it... It's worse than smoking, I managed to quit smoking but I can't find the discipline to quit Youtube.
>Have you managed to quit it? Do you have any advice?
>I wasted and wasting so much time.

If it is that bad just quit... Remove your account and be done with it.

If you just want to use it less, you should get rid if the recommended section, or use it less. That was the selution for me.

Just hide it with an add blocker, or even better export your subscriptions to rss and use an rss reader.
I currently only use newsboat with mpv and it works perfect, no more youtube bloat and distractions.

Yes, that is correct. I’ll be contacting a moderator if this behavior continues.

Go back

luke did 2 years of no internet at home
youtu.be/kiMcX3Fa2Us

>the problem is there is absolutely no alternative

Attached: 1555606186890.png (279x327, 136K)

>uses a comma as a semicolon
>lectures about proper grammar on Jow Forums

How can you be even addicted to YouTube.
I find it hard to find anything interesting to watch other than my subs with counts for few videos per day. There is barely anything fresh there, and I can't just sit down and marathon gaming or technology channels without getting bored after 20min.

This, but xvideos.com.
Xvideos.com+youtube-dl = like a vaping habit.

Subscriptions through RSS feeds +
DFyoutube/invidious/Newpipe/youtube-dl as the only way to watch youtube vids worked for me.
It works that way :

1.get rid of suggestions. that is the real cancer.
2.get the habit of not looking for other than subs when bored
3. eventually you'll have other stuff to do and won't keep up with your feed
Optional : make sure you have something else to do (books to read, social life, whatever)
Optional : get rid of your subscribed channel till you have 2h max of content a day to see, among which ~30 mins of which you really really don't want to miss on

IM COOOOOMING

what kind of faggot child gets addicted to youtube
ive been using it since it debuted and never have I been like "hmm I would like to he a productive member of society today but nope, gotta get my pewdiepie and crazy russian hacker fix"
here's your (You) you roody poo candy ass

Attached: thumb_absolutely-disgusting-29390023.png (200x269, 36K)

Broaden your horizons.
I can watch my recommended all day and find nothing but gold.

Attached: Capture.png (1319x788, 1.17M)

I can only watch my recommendations when I'm very tired or stoned. I dunno, I have some kind of inner drive to work on my projects(even pointless ones) just to not feel bored and that I'm wasting time.

>screenshot
Based

Attached: 1530836904920.jpg (1000x1399, 453K)

block it on router level you fucking boomer

>There is barely anything fresh there
what the hell are you watching? theres heaps of good shit all over youtube and all over the internet at large

Imagine unironically listening to 128kbps audio

Im just like you.
What if when we crave youtube we reach out to eachother? maybe chit chat, brainstorm or game.

this is literally the best solution.

kys

Easy, start shitposting on Jow Forums.