>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtu.be/hGiAfMoYEjI?t=92

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. 2400G/3400G may be worth to less likely require a CPU upgrade when adding a dGPU
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>Wait for Threadripper gen3 - Extreme overkill gaming with its larger cache
>R7 1700 - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do NOT use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660/TI / Vega56 - higher fps / more demanding games; only worth it on sale as normal cost is overpriced
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 70-100FPS+ gaming
>RX 5700XT - higher FPS
2160p (4K)
>RX 5700XT/2070S - budget option. Upscale with RIS/CAS
>2080Ti - best for 4K, but poor value

>RX 570/580 stock is becoming limited as RX 5600 launch approaches

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (g/free-sync) is important for gaming
>HDD are defunct except for servers, NAS, and sub-$400 builds; SSDs are cheap now
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss), and comparisons which only use averages and not 1% minimums nor framegraphs
>AM4 VRMs, Monitors & Storage/SSD guidelines under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: lego.jpg (4160x3120, 954K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/mT848M
nvidia.com/de-de/shop/geforce/gpu/?page=1&limit=9&locale=de-de&category=GPU&gpu=RTX 2070 SUPER
youtube.com/watch?v=KOqhyVNPhaM
pcpartpicker.com/guide/8B6MnQ/glorious-intel-gamingstreaming-build
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: sCL5A7z1mRYHauKikdb_223672430757_hd-sCL5A7z1mRYHauKikdb_223672430757___hd-3.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

>R3 2200G
My friend has one and it stutters when he plays ABZU

the fuck is this autistic shit

>KVM
It's actually easier to use nvidia. AMD is problematic, their GPUs don't support FLR and in the case of Vega or Navi requires custom patches and programs (that only released recently) to reset if the guest crashes.

ATTENTION: Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards; therefore, consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases. The gouging has two root causes: lack of market competition and shortage/"new normal" pricing during the mining hayday.

How do they connect?
And jesus it's so tall.

It stutters below 30fps? shit game, then.

I thought GTX/RTX GPUs don't even support KVM passthrough? You need Quadro for that.
>-cpu host,kvm=off
This tells qemu to emulate the host’s exact CPU. There are more options, but it’s best to stay with host.
>The kvm=off option is only needed for Nvidia graphics cards – if you have an AMD/Radeon card for your Windows guest, you can remove that option and specify -cpu host.

Maybe this is outdated? Some more research, and it appears that KVM support may have been added to Nvidia GPUs on July 2018 with 390.72.

>2600 out of stock locally
>have to go with 3600
not sure if good or bad, not buying right now anyway

Nah that option is just there so the guest won't see KVM. It's needed because the nvidia driver won't start if it sees it's running on a hypervisor.
Also it should be kvm=hidden.

Running consumer cards in a VM is not supported but it works without issue.

>How do they connect?
No idea. There are pins under the switch holder.

>It stutters below 30fps?
I think it drops to 30 or so whenever the scene gets busy, but only for a few seconds. Smooth otherwise.

>lots of friends and acquaintances built or bought haswell based systems years ago
>everyone went with Z97 mobos while I got a Asus H97 professional
>all but one Z97 system has died off
>my H97 has not even gotten one bsod in over five years, the i7-4970 inside still holds its own

Dont fall for the gayming meme boys.

Attached: 1555674405813.jpg (377x381, 22K)

Why buy a broadwell board for haswell?
I got a cheap B85 6 years ago and it still works.

is the sapphire nitro+ rx 590 worth a bang considering it's 70 euros cheaper than the cheapest 1660 ti?

the 1660 ti is getting pretty close to 5700 prices and i feel like i'll probably replace it just as soon as the rx 590

Ok. Removed anyway.
Yeah I saw a newer guide from July 2018 which instead says to put kvm=hidden in. It DOES look like this changed significantly.

A i7-4790 non-k? Well yeah, it's a lower power chip so it'll last longer.

Sorry, I forgot to delete that before posting after I figured it out after looking it more.
The distance of the switch pins makes it so the pins are never on the same bar along the bottom.
It creates a matrix that way. Very clever. But I don't like how tall the whole contraction is. I like my low keyboards.

>I think it drops to 30 or so whenever the scene gets busy, but only for a few seconds.
Yeah well... the OP says that already. Dur. The 2200G is a 30fps+ CPU. Don't expect a smooth 60 in every game on it.

You need to by percentage.
590 should be like.. 30% cheaper.
So say 1660Ti is 250 euro, the 590 should be 175.
>the 1660 ti is getting pretty close to 5700 prices
Why not get the 5700 then? Or wait for the 5600XT?

The 590 isn't awful, but I'd only get it if it's a really good deal.

I got a good deal.

Anons, wanna give me your opinions on TN vs IPS vs VA?
I know the basics, but reading articles etc. I don't always see people noticing things I read about here, like VA black blurring, or IPS black being bad even compared to TN.
BTW how do they fare at 144Hz?

Also, is HDR still a meme?

get ips

get va

Should I go with the Loque Ghost or wait for the next batch of Sentry's? I'm doing a 2080ti/3700x build.

Red pill me on Noctua fans, my current set up is a Fractal Define R6 with the stock Dynamic GP-14 fans, two on the front and one on the rear, and another from whatever the stock fans in the R4 on the bottom under the GPU cage. Thinking to replace these with NF-A14 PWM fans.

I also have a 240mm radiator on the top, with the configuration blowing air out of the case and the order is like this from top to bottom: case, air filter, fans, radiator. These fans are loud as fuck when running my CPU at any kind of high load, I'd like to replace these ones first but not sure which Noctua fans to go for, either the NF-F12A or the NF-A12x25 or the NF-S12A, I feel the Noctua's help page is misleading because it says the NF-12A is good for case fans while the NF-S12A is for radiators, whereas my situation is both?

At any rate the end goal is to run the intake fans always faster than the outtake fans for positive air pressure. The rear fan should only come on when the GPU starts doing work. I can control all these from my motherboards bios so no issue there.

>is HDR still a meme?
I've been using wide color gamut pro-tier displays for decades for my simple consumer needs because animu and vidya looks better on them, and I'm happy about cheaper, less color-accurate displays with argb+ color gamut appearing on the consumer market.

Why would people use them if they're so ugly? It's because they're so good

if it's blowing into a radiator you want a higher static pressure, which for noctua is a F series fan

if it's variable conditions you want an A series fan which is fine for both, mesh panels etc

if it's only a case fan with no obstruction at all you want S with the highest airflow

Here's what I'm looking to build so far:
pcpartpicker.com/list/mT848M
Any suggestions are appreciated. My budget is ~$2500 (USD) and this will primarily be for gaming. Also, I'd like it to last a long time, so if I can pay more now to get a better part that will add longevity to the PC, I'd rather do that than upgrade later.

I think they're aesthetic as fuck which is why I'm considering buying them, but I'm just not sure which specific ones to buy/if they'll be that much of a major upgrade over my existing ones. I need to run the front fans at all times too (20-30% during idle) and silently to keep GPU/CPU temps low while also running outtake fans at 0% during idle. All fans will ramp up during idle at which point I don't mind some noise.

It'll be sucking air through a radiator and out through a mesh (fans inbetween radiator and mesh/case). I set it up this way to make cleaning the radiator easier.

>All fans will ramp up during idle at which point I don't mind some noise.
load*

consider the coolermaster h500 for a case, also don't buy a reference (blower) gpu you want an aib 3 fan card like the nitro+

>It'll be sucking air through a radiator and out through a mesh (fans inbetween radiator and mesh/case). I set it up this way to make cleaning the radiator easier.
yea I skimmed your description but I'm not going to go to the trouble of puzzling through your descriptions trying to figure out exactly what's happening, if you want specific advice draw a clear diagram otherwise F for static pressure, A for all around, S for airflow. A if you aren't sure or want to maybe use them later for different things. I would just get A

I changed the case to the H500. I had a Red Devil selected, then changed it for some reason, but I was planning on trying to find a Sapphire RX 5700 TX Nitro+ and putting that in. Would that be alright?

those are both great cards but they're really hard to find because everybody wants them, some anons have waited 2 months trying to get a red devil. although lots of people have them now.

I might just get A then, according to their website they say it's good enough in every day use to not matter.

The F's are like $5 cheaper though.

>10 hours in paint

Attached: Untitled.jpg (978x531, 100K)

Test

get A for this

Red Devil and Nitro+ are the two best. Either way is fine.
I'd simply get whichever is in stock. They were both briefly in stock like 2 days ago.
>TX
AMD dropped the ball in not licensing terminator

Pulling air through radiator DRASTICALLY reduces the fan efficiency and performance. You should be pushing air through.
It is also noisier.

specifically you want the A pwm, and DONT get 5V

How viable is the 3700x cooler really? Do I ABSOLUTELY need to get a proper one?

Jesus fuck that fan is ugly. On the other hand, there's a hardware switch to disable RGBT without installing botnet.
>just wait for AIB comparison reviews

Attached: Radeon RX 5700 XT Taichi X 8G OC+(L3).png (1200x1000, 307K)

Alright, thanks. Yeah was definitely going to get the PWM anyway for greater control. I'll try switch the positioning around if I can find the correct screws.

What the fuck were they even thinking? And then Sapphire one ups them with their fan option at an exorbitant price.

Well I'm not really in a hurry to build this thing, so I might buy piece by piece and hopefully I can find either one in stock somewhere. Anyway, is my CPU good? Like I said, I want this thing to last a long time, so if there's a better one I'd rather get it now.

Why does the B450 Aorus Pro have LESS external I/O than the B450 Aorus Elite despite being the 'higher tier' model?

For instance, the Aorus Elite has double the USB ports of the Aorus Pro.

Attached: B450 Aorus Pro IO.png (493x166, 123K)

Guy at the store where I bought my current PC's parts recommended a 2060Super, I'd prefer to spend a max of about 500 bucks so that seems good, but are there better value options? It'd be hard to convince me to go near 650 bucks.
Don't remember most of my build except the 2600x CPU.

I just noticed the heatsink has a cover over the fin folds, making them look smooth. That's pretty cool.

I'm doing a mini ITX build in the Loque Ghost, no budget limits. I'm not gonna get a top hat for it, but I will be getting a 2080ti and ryzen 3700x. What's a good ITX motherboard, cooler, ram, 2080ti below 305mm, etc?

Do I wait 2-3 weeks for shipping and hope nothing goes wrong or do I wait for local stores to finally stock Red Devil and Nitro+?
>strix discounted already
WTF happened to ASUS in the last years?

Attached: image.png (797x846, 278K)

In the recent haul I've received a package that has been directed to my recently renovated office space. I am unsure of it's origins, as they have not been disclosed to me yet. It appears to have been sent from Massachusetts, the sender's address is in Florida. USPS Priority Shipping. It weighs approximately 2.5 kilograms and the dimensions are 38 centimeters long, 24 centimeters wide, and 10 centimeters tall. The mass of the object appears to be focused in the center of the container, in a rectangular area.

What are the probable contents of this package?

Attached: special delivery.png (543x952, 824K)

Ok fa/g/s, I'm gonna pull the trigger and buy an NZXT H510 right fucking now unless any of you has a better case at around the same price point

H500

>How viable is the 3700x cooler really? Do I ABSOLUTELY need to get a proper one?
you definitely don't need a cooler. you can use stock no problem. it will be a bit hotter and louder is all. if you're on the fence, just start with the stock cooler and sleepy buy a better cooler later if you want better performance or noise.

2060S is okay, especially if you can get it close to $350. Or a 2070 non-super, for that matter.
5700XT is better for generally the same price as 2060S normally are.

Also depends on resolution. At 1080p, yeah you'll bottleneck more than the 2060S or 5700.

Isn't the 2080Ti too hot for a mITX case like that? Or are you going to be undervolting it?

I'd do the guaranteed 2-3 weeks instead of wasting valuable time checking for it to be in stock.
Plus, drivers still have minor issues. in 2-3 weeks, more of those will be fixed, so what's the rush?

Armis AR7

Jonsbo UMX4.
Every case with a "PSU shroud" is objectively shitty.

Attached: UMX3.jpg (800x800, 147K)

dragon dildos

You can get a 2070S FE for 500, don't listen to people trying to sell you a 5700XT unless you wanna deal with constant BSOD, shitty software and terrible support for literally anything that isn't a recent multiplat or AAA game.

if it's a 5700 xt nitro fuck you

Isn't that the same shit as the h510 but older? explain yourself

Also does anyone know if chinese sleeved psu cables are any different than muh bitfenix/coolermaster ones? on amazon they're 50€ for mobo + 3 pcie cables whereas you can get a full set for 20€ on aliexpress, with custom colors

>2070S FE for 500
link?

back again for another shift huh

nvidia.com/de-de/shop/geforce/gpu/?page=1&limit=9&locale=de-de&category=GPU&gpu=RTX 2070 SUPER

The official Nvidia page, but my b it was 540.
They also have a Gigabyte one with 3 fans and stock OC for 470 tho, which honestly seems like a great deal.

iToddler overexpensive trash

It starts raining as soon as I finish opening the package...

Attached: unboxaweatherthon.png (831x467, 610K)

shouldn't my ram clock frequency be double of that?

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (641x575, 63K)

539 eur = 600 usd

no, multiply by 2 to get your current ram clock speed

cool

It's...

Attached: foam.png (1715x963, 2.68M)

IT'S POSSESSED

Attached: 1311.png (1718x968, 3.2M)

>liquid memes

I know the price:performance for the 2080 Ti is terrible. But which one is least terrible?

if you care you shouldn't bother with the 2080 ti, what a weird way to skimp out at the last second

>those RAM timings
Ouch

youtube.com/watch?v=KOqhyVNPhaM

Meshify C

>liquid

HDR is still a meme for consumer monitors.

Software support in windows is still garbage, though getting better. It's just not up to snuff for the average consumer to care about.

Too many hoops to jump through and too little content that benefits from it.

You're far better off buying an Xbox One S or X with UHD bluray support, and then an LG OLED TV to watch with.

The current state of PC HDR is just shit.

i'm wondering between rx 5700xt and 2070s
i'd like to play at 1440p 144hz and i'm wondering, if 2070s is an overkill
i'll probably get r5 3600 with it, though if i get rx 5700xt i can use money not spent on 2070s to get r7 3700x, but dunno about it

5700 xt is way better value, 2070 super is a bit better performance for a worse price but also has some meme features like rtx and gsync

aaaaah what do I choose for "Memory Type" in the DRAM calculator? there are 3 options for hynix memory and I don't know what's the difference

Attached: file.png (939x717, 55K)

I believe that's known as CJR ("c die")

look at your part number, its cjr-uhc

>Anons, wanna give me your opinions on TN vs IPS vs VA?

TN is cheap, stable quality and high performance. You buy this for gaming and web browsing.
VA is cheap, great contrast but can have terrible color accuracy and its response times are terrible with lots of motion blur and smearing. You buy this for media consumption.
IPS is all over the board, but its in many regards high performance depending on its use case. Color accuracy can be the individual monitors priority, or performance at the cost of image quality on some others. You choose IPS for professional use, enthusiast gaming or both if you want to spend extra money.

>BTW how do they fare at 144Hz?
TN and IPS benefit from running at high refresh rates, but VA sucks at it since the pixel response times are to slow.

>Also, is HDR still a meme?
Yes, doesn't hurt spending a little extra to get the feature in case you will find use for it in the future. Either by plugging in a console or blueray player to your monitor or in case windows gets its shit together and actually makes it practical.

If you are undecided about what panel you want to get, then go IPS.

Attached: 1566336134528.png (560x560, 134K)

That thing looks absolutely retarded.

that's pretty accurate

>but VA sucks at it since the pixel response times are to slow
On the whole, sure.

But there ARE high end VA panels that look fantastic at 144hz, even compared to IPS in similar price range.

If you have an rx 5700 xt or a 2070/2070 super, should you go for 1440p gaming or stick to 1080p? I know those cards are absolute over kill for 1080p, but it's not like they're destroying games at 1440p. I've never gotten the chance to play on 1440p before, so I don't know if the performance decrease would be worth it.

Attached: 1557737024714 (2).png (805x1024, 1.38M)

What a non-argument, you're telling user to basically apply the sunk cost fallacy to himself. If you want the best single card today, you pony up for a 2080 Ti. Doesnt mean you should just buy the most expensive, or cheapest one.

not at all really

PC Part Picker total is before any tax is included right

Attached: God+protec+my+pippi+too+_73c052b7ce6b031a7963b29e865681eb.jpg (644x500, 39K)

the point is using an inconsistent set of decision points, arbitrarily splitting a decision into two halves where on one half you don't care about price/performance and then on the other half you care about price/performance, when really both decisions are made at the same time. it's suboptimal optimization and highlights that the user has gone down the wrong path.

It sums the total of the prices of the cheapest online shop at which you can buy the part, so if the part is cheapest at amazon it will show how much you will pay for that part on amazon, which as far as I am aware always means that tax is included.

Get an X34P, 3440x1440p 100hz. Just turn down the full retard settings and you'll get a good experience.

based

>VA sucks at it since the pixel response times are to slow.
Depends on the VA panel

Attached: 2019-09-19 10_17_28.png (869x1245, 421K)

CoolerMaster NR600

Somewhat relevant but how would Jow Forums cover up something like pic related inside a case? I don't like the idea of just having an open circuit like this stuck to the side of a case. I've looked at some electronics supply websites but none seem to have this particular size, mounting holes are 26mmx26mm.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (800x800, 97K)

I'm doing this build here:
pcpartpicker.com/guide/8B6MnQ/glorious-intel-gamingstreaming-build

Is 4k still unachievable with this?

It's true for that Zotac variety and the founders edition, which is never stocked.

4k is achievable with an integrated GPU if all you want is web browsing and video playback.

4k 60hz ultra settings in EVERY game is impossible for current hardware, stop asking.

I'm wanting to build into a micro itx or mini atx mobo / case. This is a machine id like to bring to friends for LAN parties. Are there any small form factor cases that would also accommodate for a 2080ti and decent watercooling?

SUCH AS?