Now that Windows 7 is almost dead, and Windows 10 is an unusable mess...

Now that Windows 7 is almost dead, and Windows 10 is an unusable mess, what is the best non-tranny OS to switch to for Windows refugees?

Attached: windows-7-pro-professional-cd-key.jpg (440x627, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF
winprivacy.de/english-home/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

isn't ChromeOS built to be normie-tier trash?

Linux Mint or Ubuntu. MacOS if you are a tranny anyway.

>Now that Windows 7 is almost dead
It isn't.

In a few years windows will be in containers in linux and you wont have to worry about security anymore

LTSB
Good for 10 years, no feature upgrades ever.

Distros: Linux Mint, Manjaro.
DEs: Xfce, Cinnamon or KDE.

Easy - Solus - Just works

Medium - Void - Will have to set up a few things

Hard - Alpine - Expects you to know what you're doing

I'm still using Vista because of how impractical the UI is in the next versions. What the damn hell were they thinking.

Linux Mint with Cinnamon. It looks identicle to windows 7 with minimal config. Also xfce but that requires a little more config.

Ubuntu MATE has a desktop layout that feels almost exactly like Windows. Check it out

To be clear you need to select it from a menu, it’s called Redmond

>he doesn't use LTSC

I'm doing some search around if a x570/zen 2 setup can run Win 7 without problems, it seems some people report USB slots not working, USB C ports not being recognized. My main PC's mobo seems to be dying with werid reboots that are either related to mobo or CPU, and I'm thinking of a 3600 build.

Meanwhile I'm trying linux for the old celeron piece of shit I got around, and I really like this PopOS and overall the responsiveness of linux for such an old piece of shit. Now only if shitloads of software wasn't hostage to windows OSs, such as games.

Just install linux, windows 10 has less compatibility with win9x software so even if your argument about which has "better" games or even "more" games linux wins as far as my history goes.
I haven't used windows since 10 came out and it was objectively better on hardware than 7 due to dx12 etc. Well thats a bit of a lie, due to wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF

I use Arch Linux

You can customize it to be perfect for you!

Same as with XP, will use it forever, literally no one should give a single fuck about updates, plus it will be better, remember that once the windows update servers will turn off, the universal backdoor dies also

Why do you faggots consider Win 7 dead? Just because it won't get "updates"? Are you that type of people who buy a new phone in every year?

Attached: 1566677008696.gif (320x240, 2.64M)

>muh games
Check out SteamPlay, Lutris and PlayOnLinux. The only popular games you won't be able to play are the ones with anti-cheat or heavy DRM.

Attached: installgentoo.webm (400x566, 442K)

Ubuntu

Attached: lubuntu 1810.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

>Almost dead

Attached: 3.-Options-for-Receiving-Extended-Security-Updates-Through-January-2023.jpg (2400x1792, 694K)

How long will 8.1 have updates? I'm using that instead of 10

Attached: 1529622374259.png (450x692, 328K)

winprivacy.de/english-home/

Fuckog\ff kevin

Windows 8.1 riced

Windows 8.1
Windows 10 LTSC
Ubuntu / Linux Mint + Windows 10 (only for games and other Windows only stuff).

Windows 7 will live longer than XP.

Windows 7 will not stop working once support runs out, retard
Try Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC

freebsd

LTSC 2019 + Open Shell + O&O ShutUp10

In a perfect world, Windows would be open source. Only problem is, however, like Linux, there would probably be a clusterfuck of 20,000 different Windows distros out there to choose from.

I am running win7 on coffee lake. If usb 3 isn't working, it's probably because of drivers. i don't know about amd boards, but drivers were available for everything on my z370 board. you will probably be able to run win7 without problems. In the worst case, just buy a usb pcie card with drivers available. you can also use that for sound or networking if you don't have the drivers for those either.

Windows 8.1
Updates for 4 more years

Attached: Screenshot (26).png (1366x768, 1.04M)

>relying on updates

ReactOS

>mfw doing a fresh win7 install tmr

The only thing I'll be pissed about is if Steam drops support for it the way it did for XP.

Steam dropped xp support this year. I don't think they'll drop win7 support within the next five years unless microsoft starts blackmailing them

Windows 8.1 with classic shell.

Attached: 1566445004500.jpg (720x888, 334K)

8.1 with open shell
just get AMD to stop being lazy and make drivers for it :^)

Can we agree that if my Win7 doesn't magically stop working when support ends, you're a cock muncher?

>not running steam on linux
cringe

I don't want TrannyOS

>every year
>10 years running
work on your analogies desu~

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 10K)

So instead you take it up the ass by NSA/PajeetOS

I haven't personally tried this, but you can probably still get away with copying the files for Steam from a Windows 7 machine and pasting them into XP and the client will run fine. It still installs into Program Files (x86), so it's still a 32-bit program and the only reason it won't run on XP is if they purposefully broke it on XP.

If XP is anything to go off of, Windows 7 still has at least three or four years ahead of it before most programs stop being compatible with it. Considering how there's not a major leap in architecture between 7 and 10 besides them incrementing the kernel number, we might survive on 7 for even longer than on XP.

That didn't stop you from using Wangblows for years, did it?

Attached: microcucked.jpg (620x413, 151K)

Install Gentoo

Just stay on Windows 7

if you just want everything to work and seem windowsish, Mint with cinnamon, if you like freedom and want to have a little fun learning keyboard shortcuts to do everything, try a minimalist Debian install with i3wm

[citation needed]