Stay at your desk wagie!

>Staff at one of Britain's oldest national newspapers got a shock on Monday morning when they found monitoring sensors installed under their desks.

>The boxes, sold by OccupEye as a way to monitor how long staff are at their desks without relying "on coffee cups and coats on chairs," were installed in the offices of The Daily Telegraph. Staff weren't told anything about the installation and soon kicked up a storm of protest.

>The devices were installed under the desks of journalism, advertising, and other commercial departments. There's no word if HR got them too.

>In response, some staff removed the batteries from the devices, while others called their colleagues in rival press organizations to leak the news. In the wave of this public backlash, management said the boxes were there to monitor building heating systems and agreed to remove them.

Attached: occupeye.jpg (442x293, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2016/01/12/bosses_install_motion_sensors/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

citation needed.

How come Britain is always leading the way in turning the world into a dystopian nightmare?

does it just measure distance like thise things at a urinal? If so what's stopping me from just putting a post-it in front of it?

It's a heat sensor, hence mgmt saying "boxes were there to monitor building heating systems"

Attached: 1568853079064.png (450x191, 15K)

Put toaster oven on chair to fool it

Is that the new sharia law to have those?!

Orwell was British

>buy $5 Chinese space heater
>leave it plugged in near sensor and walk away

>The devices were installed under the desks of journalism, advertising, and other commercial departments.
good

>management said the boxes were there to monitor building heating systems
kek

haha what if it was sensitive enough it could tell when you were aroused. that would be crazy

>monitor building heating systems and agreed to remove them.
Lol. They didn't even have a believable lie.
>Yeah, we need to monitor temperature by putting a product under staff desks that's specifically designed & marketed by the company to track in real time each employee and says nothing about "temperature sensors".

lol a hot load should be enough to keep it occupeyed

Attached: okisxo8ptk601.jpg (588x620, 43K)

Based lying management.

I these were installed because of the constant bickering of the office being too "cold"

The only thing worse than being a britcuck is being a wagie britcuck.

based coomer.

Notice this shit under the desk.
Call boss and mention how happy are you that he just offered you a 2x salary raise.

Do not imagine the smell.

Should out right sue them for tracking
>next step in measuring™ your employees efficiency

Attached: 62604-2-1481119521[1].jpg (603x377, 15K)

Attached: jbvI8OR0VjfspxYcf3UEJirHh63m-ckx1V-qCL89TaA.jpg (512x384, 22K)

>Perverts want to look women under skirts

It-its for heating measurements I swear on me mum

Attached: 1450041749735.jpg (780x916, 121K)

At least we'll be able to easily identify brit bongs in the future.

Attached: 1561590111715.jpg (1130x1076, 601K)

it's real but from 2016

theregister.co.uk/2016/01/12/bosses_install_motion_sensors/

>piss myself
>heat sensor picks up the change in temperature
>AI algorithm puts 2 and 2 together
>dismissed from job for pissing on company seats.

Brexit

We have this concept in my place of work but it's used to plan desk availability rather than keep tabs on people. In our place though it's client side software on thin terminals, records session time and keystrokes. I don't type very much and I also don't log in from any one desk all day. I do not mind though, it allows me to see whether or not I need more desks.

Never say that again, redditfag

I'd just remove it, and leave it in my supervisor's desk with a note saying it's unnecessary.

>Take, for example, Boston startup Sociometric Solutions, which builds personnel smartbadges that come equipped with sensors to track an employee's movements and location and a microphone for checking how long they talk to fellow workers.
Why even hire anyone if you're this worried they're not working

And his books were meant to be a warning, not a guide.

is that thing a camera pointed strait at your cock? lol.

They weren't, Orwell worked closely with the British government and their intelligence departments

>There's no word if HR got them too
HR pitched it to management in the first place.

Hahah it's not just Britian, not by a long shot. You should really look into all the things employers can track through rfid badges.

this is small time compared to lowered social credit through automated public shaming

Explain further

Some people simply slack off too much without supervision. Don't act like office workers are any better than industry peons.
I work with construction, and the workers don't do shit when I'm not around. Since I cant be all day on site, i got two interns (one for morning, other for the afternoon) to stay there. I gave them some bullshit stuff to do about quality control and safety standards and that was enough for the workers to do their job when I'm not around.
In my opinion, the mistake in OP's case was using a machine to do the job instead of an intern who answers directly to the managers.

haven't touched reddit in about 11 months.

Lol. Fuck journos. Hope herschlag fucks their shit up

seems like a decent place to hide a camera in. what could possibly go wrong?

>it's OK when a private company does it

Shit like this happens and the boomers still bend over backwards to defend these frankly creepy practices (see ) under the guise of improving corporate efficiency. These are the same boomers that deny corporations using harassment tactics outside of work to silence journalists, critics, or even disgruntled employees.

Hey come on now, givc China some credit for one of their few innovative sectors.

Of course a st*rtup is behind this. I don't understand why that cancerous "ecosystem" isn't regulated more. NONE of them have contributed anything worthwhile to society or the economy after and including fagbook.

i am one
if they want me to be at my desk they should stop putting so many fucking meetings in my diary. i was only at my desk for an hour today

If anyone has this under their desk try masturbating discretely the desk. If you get fired we'll know those boxes had cameras.