If you buy a computer with a TN panel in 2019 you're worst than a macfag

If you buy a computer with a TN panel in 2019 you're worst than a macfag.

Attached: tn-display-angle.jpg (850x574, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Upl31Mykrc
lagom.nl/lcd-test/viewing_angle.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

I might agree and/or disagree.

>oh no my horror movies wont have true blacks for the full slow buring bone chilling experience

Attached: 1566534844447.jpg (2048x1366, 1.4M)

spotted the tn intel

I actually prefer TN though, my three monitors are tn and I wouldn't want it any other way

ips is too bright for my autism so fuck you

>tfw fell for the GAYMAN meme of 2560x1440 144hz
>now even actual productive tasks feel shit at 60hz
>no decent IPS monitors for sale here
kill me and fuck jews for making me fall for this meme

>bottom right
I see now why IPS is such a big deal

TN actually looks better to me in the straight viewing angle pic, IPS looks way too bright.

>what are colour profiles
Anyways, right Thinkpad is actually reproducing colours in the right way since her hair is actually brown not black.

IPS still has garbage blacks.

Agreed. Blacks are scary.

a good TN panel is better than a cheap IPS.
I currently have a cheap IPS and a cheap TN setup and there's barely a difference

New TN panels are WAY better than that.

Only shitty ips displays.

my T440s has a 900p TN display, and the colors look similar to the IPS one, sans the huge brightness

Blacks are garbage in general

New TN panels are different.
Also why in gods name would you look at a monitor from the side?

I just wish I didnt have to think about blacks when watching movies.

go back

>Installed an IPS panel in my based X220

GOD I LOVE THIS THING FUCK

True but that is more of a problem with the movie industry
;^)

The TN panel looks better in the upper right straight on view, which is how one would be viewing their monitor 99% of the time anyway.

The way they look at you with a little bit of yellow peeking trough a pitch black surface.
Its so unnerving. You never know what happens if you linger too long.

gimme a cheap 24" ips monitor

A laptop isn't an HDTV, it's designed for one user.

Besides this, thin-film transistor technology is inherently more energy efficient

And what consumes battery the most on a notebook? The display (unless you're running a dedicated GPU and or 35W CPU)

This, until OLED screens are commonplace with good performance there's literally nothing wrong with a good TN.

If you buy a laptop that isn't a Macbook you're technologically illiterate

Attached: zenbook screen.jpg (897x596, 80K)

This.

For the same reason, UHD displays are terrible for laptops. Rendering a 1080p screen at 60hz with 24bit color depth means your CPU is spitting out 400MB of data down the pipeline every second. At 4k it's shitting out 1.47GB every second. That's going to be a massive difference in battery life.

People will lap up any perceived advancement, even if it's actually detrimental.

The problem I have with widespread OLED is that the extremely fast burn in is likely unsolveable. I'd rather have brighter blacks than have to replace my monitor every year.

Attached: 1568535151493.gif (1280x960, 1.23M)

OLED burn in isn't that big a deal with modern tvs where they sync the amount of wattage each pixel gets periodically.

Theres microled and Dual-layer LCD that will solve everything anyways. OLED is dead in 10 years.

The TN actually looks better on the top right, you know the angle you actually watch from. The IPS panel is overly bright and saturated

Thing is, I came to the shop, saw laptop with LG TN panel which is fine. I bought it, came home, and my laptop was with chink panel, which is DISGUSTING.
Fuck LCD lottery.

Neither tn or ips can display blacks

most of the time, people don't know what "saturated" actually means and use it whenever they see something that looks vivid

Apple had made a disgusting thing. Their panel in MacBook Air is turned 90 degrees. Vertical angles are garbage (I had to readjust screen every fucking time), and horizontal angles, which you ideally want to be shit, are good.

>le 120hz pwm
no thanks

This is much more important, than type of screen.
(0;2500] Hz PWM must be illegal. 200 Hz PWM is not only visible, it causes eyestrain.
2500+ Hz PWM is fine, you don't see the flicker, thus it is not straining your eyes

I have perfect posture so this doesn't bother me at all.

Also nice color correction to artificially make the ips look better. very subtle...

What's a computer? I only have a Mac.

Every computer is automatically also a mac

Attached: 156486515656.jpg (550x492, 36K)

La goblina...

the guy in the black visor.. wtf is up with is skin tone? looks like he's wearing pantyhose over his entire body

i have a t430 and fuck that tn screen is horrible, gonna upgrade to an ips fullhd panel soon

>only redeeming quality is quality of static images
I want to use my computer to do things, I don't need a throttling machine.

That sure is a cute goblin

Remember that time companies marketed laptops with tn panels as having a privacy feature?

Jesus fuck how can women be so cute?

Have I got a surprise for you faggot

Oh noes!
People can’t easily shoulder surf me!
Oh noes!
I can’t see the “proper” terminal colours
Fuck off zoomer, If I needed my laptop for anything other than remote access and programming I would get a nicer panel, but I don’t.

>tech that prevents people from sides, above, and below from peeking at youtlr screen.
>bad
you could not glow brighter even if you tried.

>ips is too bright
The problem there may be not the IPS panel, but the LED backlight. Cheaper/older ones use blue LEDs with yellow phosphors to produce white light, but that still gives too much energy in the blue range. Newer backlights use RG phosphors or RGB LEDs, producing white light more precisely. Or you could get an *older* IPS that still uses CCFL for backlight.

youtube.com/watch?v=9Upl31Mykrc

If that's an issue for you, buy a privacy filter.

Attached: 81k9Zh615qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1496, 167K)

viewing angles aren't super important why would you be looking at the screen at some retarded off angle. sure ips is nice but tn is still okay

Attached: 1568907411201.png (1076x1074, 687K)

>spend good money on IPS monitor for image quality
>spend more more money to filter that quality

Attached: what.gif (531x354, 3.6M)

Umm. . .. . . .most people sit directly in front of their screen. Try moving your chair. Sad I have to say that, but you are obviously retarded.

>some retarded off angle
Except that's wrong, it's not some crazy angle. On a TN, even if you're perfecly centered and still, you could get pic related: the same color will look vastly different, depending on what area of the screen it's at.

lagom.nl/lcd-test/viewing_angle.php

Attached: plain-purple-distort-63col.png (395x296, 36K)

yes but unless you're doing colour accurate digital work that doesn't really matter

soul vs soulless

But now that IPS is cheap enough, there's no reason to compromise and accept the worse colors of TN.

if someone dont care about colour accuracy and viewing angles why would they spend more on an ips

Attached: 1568910576680.jpg (1770x3468, 567K)

Cringe

>spending 200 bucks more on something you could easily upgrade yourself

Attached: 1551853174402.gif (350x314, 2.06M)

don't avatarpost, retard

aren't ips panels for thinkpads around $200?

Yes and the best one is not actually a thinkpad part and requires soldering an adapter, I've seen complete hv150ux2 kits go for over $300

posting completely different anime girls is not avatarfagging

Attached: 73283921_p0.png (1100x2050, 636K)

Attached: ipsowners.jpg (1031x1137, 90K)

I have a TN monitor. It's much cheaper than IPS equivalents for muh games and it's not like I use it at any different angles

>HUIRR IF YOU VIEW YOUR MONITOR AT THIS ANGLE YOU'LL NEVER LOOK AT IT AT THEN IT LOOKS BAD DURR

Attached: 1568928502740.jpg (1031x1137, 90K)

>posting pics for attention for every posts he made
you are no better than tripfags
kill yourself

sunburn

>worst than
You spew with intelligence

Attached: IPS fags.png (348x437, 6K)

this is like people crying about the black bars in widescreen movies before widescreen televisions were common. 2 minutes into the movie and you don't even notice the bars anymore. it doesn't matter how high of quality your anime is, they're still retarded pointless plots and shallow stereotypical characters with unbearable voices.

They can if you sleep at night like a normal person.

You first.

Attached: 1568506487237.jpg (1000x562, 106K)

As the price difference is small enough now, more and more people choose paying extra for quality. Eventually, manufacturers might feel that producing low-end junk is just not worth it, and go IPS-only.

want to cuddle with our feminine benises interwined? uwu

>using a TN panel from a shitty decade-old chinkpad to make an argument
Newer TN panels have nothing like that amount of off-axis shift.

What if I'm still using Samsung 23 inch 60 hz 1080p monitors from 2009?

die faggot

You shouldn't be on Jow Forums* if you're underage, user.

Is this loss?

>tfw eve spectrum wont ever come out
It is supposed to have the lg850 panel so 144hz 1ms but I doubt they will get any supply at all. If it even comes out. And if people actually gets the product they pay for

Newer TN panels are better than older TN, but still shift much worse than IPS or other newer tech.

i did? worth it

TN panels are better for privacy

You can't see any difference between those displays if you're viewing it on a TN screen.

Attached: checkmate ips fags.png (406x42, 1K)

Posting from a VA Panel

if they are a native option they are around 70

retard

Attached: 1521769655807.png (649x732, 594K)

TN looks like shit after you try an IPS for a while. The colours, children.

Attached: e9ltwedzmw7x.gif (480x360, 1015K)

Are you getting horizontal black lines and shit?

is TN the LED shit?

if yes then I agree, it's cancer, will literally give you eye cancer

even old IPS are so pleasant to stare at compared to that shit

>His monitor doesn't utilize the thousands of pigments sourced from the Forbes Pigment Collection, such as Tyrian purple, an ancient Phoenician dye that requires 10,000 mollusks to produce a single gram of pigment.
enjoy your shit colors, IPS fags

Attached: Untitled.png (1884x946, 3.22M)