Why does noone ever talk about this? It's pretty good

Why does noone ever talk about this? It's pretty good.

Attached: MX_Linux_18.3_logo[1].jpg (640x360, 22K)

no arch

what do you mean, "It's pretty good"?
Yeah Linux tends to be pretty good, it's why people use it.
What is so good about that distro?
It's based on Debian Stable, yeah so OK , so what now? I mean
Bunsen Labs is a Debian based distro too and that's pretty good.
great so there are two distro's that are pretty good
nice conversation dude

take your hormons and die late

Another meme distro nobody actually uses, it’s Solus all over again.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in Linux server administration, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on websites, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in hacktivism and I'm the top hacker in the entire US. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your computer. It's fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill your computer in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my Terminal Emulator. Not only am I extensively trained in linux commands, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Kali Linux tool-set and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the internet, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. Your computer's fucking dead, kiddo.

reported

>Debian but with bloat
What's the point if you're already using Debian?

>rule 7
>Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.
reported for announcing your report

no systemd, i guess

Shouldn't Devuan be the answer for that? It's literally a copy pasted debian without systemd. Anyone knows when beowulf is gonna be ready?

I agree...
But you should mention the new version 19 coming out in a couple of weeks.

I use it too.
I use it for everything except VR because there really is no VR support with Linux anyway. Oh yeah - Adobe Lightroom in Win 10 too because there really is no substitute, so I do dual-boot, but they are both on different physical hard drives.
MXLinux is a great distro.
Very stable.
No systemdicks.
I like the Grub2 bootloader because I can put another ssd in my tower and have the option to boot off another os.
People trashing it haven't used it.
I don't install the Ubuntu repositories because it's really unnecessary.
Most of the installs I do are from deb or builds.
I have been using it now since early 2017 daily.
My windows laptop is in a bag in the closet. I have no use for it.
I swear, I've turned that laptop on maybe once in the past year only to charge the battery and clean up old tmp files and shit like that.
Now, I bought a tower with an i5 processor, stuck some RAM in it, added a good video card, and voíla!
Gaming graphics are smooth.
Low RAM usage.
Not even near the amount of bullshit background programs running like Windows for dummies.
I have nothing bad to say about it.
Updates take like 2 minutes a week - if I choose to do them, but I do them.
Loads all the drivers I need.
No issues that I can't find a fix for.
Graphics card drivers were downloaded from the manufacturer''s website (AMD)
Ask me anything...

because i can use xubuntu or debian with xfce. this does nothing different except have slower bootup times with sysv

>I don't install the Ubuntu repositories because it's really unnecessary.
Why would you install Ubuntu repos on a Debian distro?

>muh systemd
you're an everyday user and shouldnt care about init systems. what do u think is going on?

Is it true that MX is full of Bloat compared to it's barebones sibling AntiX?

because I can...
there is no telemetry
I don't believe so. Maybe just a little, but not much.
You would think, but, I'm not sure about the reasoning behind using debian. Maybe because there's more devs working on debian than devuan.

Attached: crosswalks.png (386x566, 149K)

>The last time Devuan was released
2018-06-09
v
>The last time Debian was updated
2019-07-06

"telemetry"
that speaks loads about your iq. you lose

I had to dumb it down so that you would understand.
I see you did.

>pinging a google server is telemetry
you're actually fucking braindead. there's no hope for you

>MAC or Windows only user
>inflexible
>will never try Linux
>or BSD
>or the other 'Big' OS (Win / Mac)

no u
why do I have to wait 30 seconds to post this?
I can write a book in that time.
wtf?

I have Devuan running on a laptop by itself.
There are some errors in the boot, but it does boot up.
I installed it on an HP - took out the old HDD and put in an SSD
just a 120GB SSD

How do I setup SMB on Ubuntu?

MX Linux doesn't use systemd for init but it has systemd (disabled) for cleanly resolving dependencies.

no,
you're the brain-dead red-headed stepchild in this equation.

Attached: telemetry.png (631x476, 59K)

You're comparing a riced XFCE to just IceWM and Conky
Of course it will be bloated in comparison

samba
you can choose to boot into systemdicks (or not) using the Grub2 Bootloader

>pinging a google server does anything harmful
you're braindead. you're so fucking paranoid about every little thing that goes on in your computer its stupid funny. laughing at you from my office computer running windows 10 :-)

Any link to how to set it up?

>>rule 7
>>Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.
>reported for announcing your report
Reported for assuming it was a real report and not bait.

lel
I did laugh at your reply
okay
fine
I love you anyway

actual good answer.

Reported for stating that you've reported the post, fake reports fall under the same rule.

reported for stating that you've reported the guy that reported the guy reporting the guy.

reported for the same

any of you bozos want to abuse the report system? i got my pointed on the button and im ready to press it

I have it installed on two laptops, my desktop, my server / media server, and my kodi box. Only my HTPC runs Windows 7 for gayman. MX Linux really does fit all use scenarios.

are you a black person or a white person?

top 10 most passive aggresive replies

number 10:

MX is great, as well as its brother, antiX.

why dont you like systemd? Is it spyware?

>I have been using linux for 5 minutes I am an expert in systemd

It's good. I've been using MEPIS/MX since 2003. Difference between Debian and MX. Is a custom live installer and tons of custom hardware and system config tools with gui front ends. Easiest distro to get all the latest and greatest shiny-ware running quickly.

Attached: Mepis.png (1024x768, 233K)