Open Source Book Tracking/Finder?

Is there a good open source or at least less normie alternative to Goodreads?

(tracking books you've read, ratings, finding new books, metadata, etc?)

>inb4 just write them down

It's not as clean, you can't see metadata about books, it's more of a pain in the ass to do stuff like update chapter progress, it's a pain in the ass to see easily what you have and haven't read. And you have to manually organize it etc.

Attached: botnetreads.png (1380x996, 384K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openlibrary.org/developers/api
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sounds like good toy project
is there some free (as in price) service or program to take try out and see what features it could/should have?

>is there some free (as in price) service or program to take try out and see what features it could/should have?

Can you explain your question here better? Bit confusing

I've never used anything like that. Give me an examples of existing software (free price because I'm a cheap sucker) so I can copy it's features.

irc.undernet.net - join #bookz.
you're welcome.

Have you checked our archive.org ? They have a lot of free books

oops.. correction: #bookz
no . at the end. :)

Open Library has an API you can use to pull book metadata:
openlibrary.org/developers/api

nice, thanks

Check out calibre, might be up your alley unless you need recommendations and lists and such. I just use it to keep track of what I've read and bookmarks and such.

I'm not looking for a book tracker/place to download free books
Reread the post..

Calibre is open source but is sooo fucking bloated. Ontop of this, I was looking for something that can find new books, see info about the bools etc. (By find new books, I mean as if you were browsing amazon or some shit. Not actually download new books)

Amazon is literally THE WORLDS BIGGEST BOOK STORE

????

You're not looking for a reader, and you're not looking for downloads, so in what way is Amazon or Goodreads deficient?

Amazon or Goodreads deficient?

Ugly, bloated, retarded, closed-source, normiefag social network shit.

This is very good, this is very similar/pretty much what I am looking for. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'd be very interested if you or anyone else were to try to make a cleaner nicer site for the above though, and open source. If you make a git or anything let us know.

I'm thinking it'd basically be kinda like a MAL/Anilist, Trakt/Letterboxd etc but for books if what I'm thinking. I think it could have potential.

Attached: hob.png (859x994, 171K)

>Give me an examples of existing software
Literally in the first line in the OP.

I'm not really sure how "website" and "open source" mix together. If it's self-hosted, it's enough entry barrier that nobody will bother to use it, if it's hosted service then nobody cares if it's open source and your data goes to unknown location anyway.

Usually websites that are "open source" are usually "partially open source". Allowing at least a good bit of the code to be looked through, as well as allow users to commit and help out.

Quite often sites that are somewhat open source also are pretty privacy respecting (as far as advertisments go and tracking etc). Of course data sent may and will probably be unknown etc etc you get the point I assume.

Calibre creator's wife's website

?