RX5700XT Drivers

Rx580 to 5700xt (pic related) but I heard that the drivers are trash. Are the driver problems over blown or is it really BSOD every 30 mins??

Attached: 14-131-753-Z01.jpg (640x480, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ccma.cat/tv3/alacarta/proxima-estacio/proxima-estacio-capitol-1/video/5896867/
amazon.in/GALAX-GeForce®-1-Click-256-bit-Graphic/dp/B07Q14WJ81/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

theyre fine
next time

I threw my 5700xt in the trash. Won't be getting anything AMD anytime soon.

I wonder who could be behind this post

xt pulse owner here.
driver are almost trash.

can't use my main monitor at 144hz due to flickering.
Sometimes media playback crash the drivers.

IDK About 5700 XT but RX 570 has occasional flickers when watching live streamers other than on Twitch. Not reliable.

Ended up returning my 5700XT the day after I bought it. Drivers caused blue screens every few hours and basic shit like just moving a window would still stutter.

Oy vey how dare you

give it a few months
this shit always happens with radeon cards

The RX 5700XT literally raped my asshole, would not reccomend.

5700xt owner here
drivers are trash
had nvidia the past decade and didn't have as many problems as I've had the past month with this card
newest driver seems to be at least fixing some of the issues but I still
>random blackscreen on all monitors that is only fixed by power cycle
>startup to black screens that requires power cycle to fix
>put on vr headset, nothing happening, take off headset, blackscreen on all monitors. needs a power cycle
>random bsod
>ram stuck at 875mhz always even at idle which makes card hot
it's a good card when it works but all the problems above, one of them happens every day

It was BSOD every 30 mins. Now it's BSOD ~once a day if you watch some videos from your browser daily.

imagine what nvidia would do to you

>watching video in the broswer
use youtube-dl

September 2nd batch of driver fixed everything for me.

mpv will play youtube directly, when built with support.

Nvidia has raped both my asshole and wallet.

youtube-dl isnt limited to just youtube

wish I could say the same

I'd been having driver issues with the RX580 for the first month or so after I got it. Would randomly crash to black in Windows once per day, requiring a restart each time. Windows 10 update and/or Radeon driver update fixed it eventually.

Bait thread

I crossfired 9000 5700XTs and couldn't decent fps on 60hz monitor pls do needful and buy nvida only sir with intel

I'm well aware. It is amazing.
I used it to download eps from this series about trains:
ccma.cat/tv3/alacarta/proxima-estacio/proxima-estacio-capitol-1/video/5896867/
From catalan tv. Not in English.

Attached: 1546404441477.png (1920x1088, 3.11M)

>a few years
fixed

how so
there is legitimate problems with the drivers stability

19.8.1 is BSOD every 30 mins, 19.8.2 is BSOD every 3 hours or when watching youtube or opening tabs in chrome or firefox
Any previous patch has the card idling at max wattage, causing overheating errors and shutting down the system entirely without warning. Just returned mine for a 2070 for literally the same price (there was a sale at best buy of all places) and I've had no issues since.

i have a reference 5700xt and havent had a single bluescreen. did have flickering but i changed something in the settings and have no problems now

They're getting better but on AMD's release schedule I would give it half a year

Hardware 2D acceleration seems to be the cause. So stuff like browsers, music apps, discord, most electron apps actually, are causing BSODs.

How are the drivers in Ganoo/Loonix?

The 5700 XT Nitro+ is only a few dollars less than the Zotac 2070 Super Twin Fan where I live. At that price point it's really hard for me to go with AMD unless it somehow fine wines into 2080 performance in the next few weeks.

I had one, it was horrible and the worst gpu I ever owned. I replaced it with an NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER and have had zero problems since

This one
amazon.in/GALAX-GeForce®-1-Click-256-bit-Graphic/dp/B07Q14WJ81/

while I agree with you
>.in
is really hurting your argument

Same as you. I'm really doubting there's gonna be any finewine.

>its well known that radeon always has shitty drivers on release
>it is also well known that they get fixed after a few months and their cards pretty much only get better, hence the 'fine wine' people refer to
what the fuck is your problem?
in typical amd fashion, new stuff has shitty support and drivers, and in typical amd fashion, 8 months later they will be amazing

I don't know what the fuck AMD is doing these days. Every launch seems to be a disaster. My Radeon HD 6970 has been working with zero problems for 9 years! I thought it would shit itself and then I would upgrade, but it looks like the brand new cards are falling apart first. I heard they are even built with thermal pads because the manufacturing was so fucked up, the block wouldn't go on straight enough to use thermal paste.

You mean 8 months later they are still worse than nvidia. Fine win is bullshit. 970 outperforming 390

Own a 5700xt Pulse. I haven't had a single problem with the card itself I think. However playing Gears 5 I did experience multiple crashes but only during a specific area of the game it seemed and it's only been that game.

Im not trying to compare them to nvidia nor did I mention nvidia
Im just saying that always start off shitty but you can always bet your bottom dollar itll be a lot better down the line
take the v56 for example, that fucker took 9 months to finally reach its full potential but now its a solid 1440 card with power draw as its only downside

Own a reference 5700 XT, zero issues, no flicker or stutter on my 144hz display.

Experienced blue screens and total blackscreen crashes until I fully uninstalled some leftover Nvidia registry entries. Afterwards it has been running flawlessly.
Thanks for leaving that shit hanging around, Nvidia.

Attached: 1565074530857.jpg (680x680, 91K)

>until I fully uninstalled some leftover Nvidia registry entries
How did you do that? Some tool/method to get rid of these?

seconding, where do you find this shit?

DDU

buying amd is like buying apple

No.

Attached: 1538029459377.png (1024x1097, 234K)

rx 580 user here. Never had any issues with anything really, not using anything fanncy like high refresh or resolutions higher than good ole 1080p. Under both windows and linux. i have some coil whine under specific loads, but this (probably) isn't specific to the chipset

There's some graphics driver uninstallation program, but personally I just dug through windows regedit and removed every folder with Nvidia Corporation. There were about 4 leftover folders IIRC

Well no surprise the rebrandeon 580 is a rebranded 480

My 580 worked fine. My 5700xt, however, crashes all the time when going above the 19.7 drivers.

This is the desperation of a competitor with no leverage.

I've owned two 5700 xts. A reference card for a couple weeks before the Sapphire Pulse I wanted came in stock.

Neither had driver problems. In fact, the only issue I've had is after I downloaded the optional update for this month and all that happened was the mouse cursor icon artifacted once.

Downloaded 19.8.1 and it only BSoD'd when I alt tabbed at max settings. Just downloaded 19.9.2 and no more BSods, but when Im on in my browser and I scroll I can hear a whining coming from my computer case. Anyone experience that? Or know what to call it?

i had a 5700xt reference two and the drivers where trash, screen flickering, black screens, tdr's, the green / purple / pink screens. gave up after the driver that was released that broke hdmi out audio. since i still had refund window just got my money back.

>Or know what to call it?
coil whine

You monkeys shouldn't be left anywhere near a pc when you have to blame your graphics drivers for your own incompetence.

Attached: YqevOdq2JD.jpg (650x650, 60K)

Yeah I'm looking at a 2070 super or maybe spending more for a 2080 super. but the reason is I bought a 5700 and it just had issues in every game I loaded up. Drivers are garbage, so card performance/price doesn't really matter when things are crashing all the time or glitching out. i just can't take the crashing anymore. I had pretty much no issues whatsoever running a 1060 6GB for a couple of years. so screw it, back to the green team.

And to add it's a shame really as I did really like their adrenaline software, especially Wattman. Admittedly the UI could do with a bit of streamlining (minor stuff like a few less clicks to get to wattman) but it's decent enough. I just wish more reviewers were honest about the terrible driver stability. Gamers Nexus was really the only one I noticed that even mentioned a peep about it. I'm on my 1060 again with no issues as I wait to figure out what I want now.

I can't believe the crappiness of Adrenalin software.. It's pure garbage. First version of the driver would cause graphical artifacts, which was fixed by the newest driver, which incidentally broke sound output through HDMI, i have to downgrade the drivers if I want to watch videos on my TV lol.

the drivers are shit but it doesn't randomly go to shit. There are usually specific action that cause crashes. For example when I have a video open in a browser with a game at the same time I see crashes sometimes and worst case a BSOD.

i got an rx 5700 and it crashes when i start some games like battlefield 5 and a few others and the game closes down and some times blue screens i had an rx 560 before and the games started.

the newest 19.9.2 driver has proven 100% stable for me. so far at least this past week. no more bsod's and skipping in hardware accelerated videos in chromium for firefox derived browsers. but i don't have any faith in amd. they release one good driver and the next two releases after it breaks god knows what. its been a headache.

if you run a 75 hz freesync monitor there are still issues, ultrawide’s in particular. I emailed AMD support over a week ago asking when they might have a fix and I have heard nothing back. I ended up getting lucky and scored an open box 2070 Super at MicroCenter for $425, along with 2 new game releases. If AMD would have at least responded I maybe would have waited. The 75hz issues are still very real and widespread

I had amd cards for the last 5 years and never had problems with drivers. For new aaa games nvidia and amd both release hotfixes in the first weeks.

Got a 5700xt reference. Shit was super hot, games crashed, spent weeks trying to figure it out. Wondered why I have to spend all this time working through issues, sent the card back. For the time being I downgraded to a 1660 ti. And guess how much troubleshooting I have had to do? Zero. It’s actually not a terrible card for the price.

My 5700xt constantly crashing in borderlands3 along with other problems. When I play single player I’m fine no issues. But online with others I crash about 10 to 15 minutes in. And my card is pegged 100%. And on a side note I used my gtx 1660 ti with my oculus rift s and gameplay was solid, never had a problem. Got the new card. Can’t play through a song without hands losing tracking and getting stuck. I know this card is a new architecture but come on. Half my shit doesn’t work anymore.

My issue with my pulse 5700xt is that I randomly have a black screen similar to a driver crash. This happens when I'm browsing reddit, watching Netflix, playing games, just totally random. At least once every 10 minutes and sometimes up to once per minute. It lasts about 1 second and then the monitor comes back on and everything continues as normal. My buddy with a amd made 5700xt (reference?) has the same problem too.

What's the surprise? Not even a month old card doesn't have perfect drivers, what a shocker. And why are all of you buying these practically at launch? I can bet anything Windows 10 is causing some of these driver issues and BSODs.

I had the reference too. Definitely get a third party card. I bought a pulse for $10 more than the reference design. It runs 20°c cooler and much quieter. The card itself is great regardless.