/spg/ - Smartphone General

Maki Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com
phonedb.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone News
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/5QCem1YH (embed)

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: maki.png (524x767, 372K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xiaomishka.ru/redmi-k20-pro-premium-official
androidauthority.com/huawei-mate-30-pro-999340/
androidauthority.com/huawei-mate-30-pro-review-1031134/
androidauthority.com/huawei-mate-30-google-apps-1031189/
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/JP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

maki needs to fuck off, we /satania/ nao

What's the best phone case for the S10+ and are the 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Earphones a good choice?

Attached: 51WqVqAU09L._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 54K)

first for K20 Pro Premium

xiaomishka.ru/redmi-k20-pro-premium-official

Attached: redmi-k20-pro-premium-foto3-1-768x1024.jpg (768x1024, 62K)

What are some heterosexual phones with this color?

Attached: iphone-11-pro-select-2019-family.jpg (882x1058, 52K)

>12gb
>512gb
>855+
>64MP
>450 burgers

Attached: doc.jpg (1280x1871, 454K)

I LOVE YOU MAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is this even possible?

Fucking chinks holy shit, I just bought the K20 Pro for $420

>How the hell do so many of these game "developers" pump out so much of the same shit over and over again?
>Most of the play store games are complete rehashes of the same free unity asset pack from completely different developers, but still the same game. How do these get made so quickly, and are they actually profitable?

>Think of those studios less like people but ore like frequency trading bots.
>They have the same blueprint for every game, because they aped themselves in every slight iteration and because they live in Chink/Poo hellhole.
>Whenever some kid in murrica presses a like on Spiderman youtube vid, thier aggregating server notices a sudden uptake over Shrek or Batman, and instantly orders the new manufacturing plan with randomized enemies and setting.
>Eventually some kid with always active parents cc, downloads the game and presses the buy button or watches an ad, refunding production of another 100 trash compilations.

We truly live in a terrifying era.

Is it still worth getting the redmi note 7? It's been released almost a year ago now but the redmi note 8 global hasn't been announced yet.

androidauthority.com/huawei-mate-30-pro-999340/
androidauthority.com/huawei-mate-30-pro-review-1031134/
androidauthority.com/huawei-mate-30-google-apps-1031189/
yes rn7 is still good

Attached: 1528353520914.png (670x410, 445K)

Shit OP
It should've been about the new Huawei Mate 30 pro

>no google
>no jack
>no mention of 90-120hz screen
This is going to flop hard

Cute guys using cute Android devices.

Attached: 1568695857890.png (331x230, 95K)

Maki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dammif I was really looking forward to Asus Zenfone 6 (flagship specs for midrange price), but it is not compatible with my carrier.

Suppose I'll see if Google releases a 4a alongside the Pixel 4.

>have Samsung Note 9 with latest standard Android update, no fuckery from me
>My old phone was a Samsung Note 3 with CyanogenMod, greenify to forcibly sleep apps
>Used to always make it a point to manually close an app when I was done to save battery life
>Android now apparently has the ability to properly sleep/hibernate apps on its own and closing/re-opening apps constantly results in worse battery life than just letting it idle in the background
How the fuck do I break my old habit of closing apps? Also who the fuck thought it was a good idea to ditch the physical home button? Fucking heresy.

Attached: 1563264327023.png (232x192, 59K)

shit thread, feel free to leave

>How the fuck do I break my old habit of closing apps?
Just don't do it :3

Attached: 1464897764096.jpg (560x700, 61K)

>Worst Love Live
Abandon thread.

>How the fuck do I break my old habit of closing apps?
Because of this I think android 2.2s/2.3s app switcher was superior to all newer ones.

euthanize the fucking weebs you losers need to get lost

Cringe

Attached: 26_0.png (300x300, 65K)

Have you seen any lately user?

seems like you're the one who is lost because this site was literally made for anime

>decide to buy the google pixel 1 for lineageOS
>look for the 128gb model online
>find it on ebay
>decide to buy it next week
>now they are all gone
fuck fuck fuck, it was just 200 bucks for one pixel..

based

Attached: 1566664050457.jpg (1280x1811, 335K)

I found out recently about this and I've been trying to not close my apps and maybe I'm just paranoid but it looks like my battery life has decresed, I don't know but surely it didn't increse,anyway just try to not think about it and after a while you'll forget you have apps open in the background

Salsa

Mi 9 or Mi 9T?

Been browsing on a budget for these past 3/4 days....

Waiting for the Pixel 3a to drop but not looking like its going anywhere soon...

Should I honestly get the M30 or A50?? I've also been looking at that the LG 35Q and Nokia 8. Is there something else I should be looking at??

At&t burger here. No chink shit please.

Attached: 69710095_676080586192313_5233002361198215168_n.jpg (716x728, 57K)

ugh, cringing at my sp and grammar. commuting on subway rn.

>can't find any information of the Mi 9T Pro being compatible with Verizon
I guess I have to get a Oneplus now

Attached: fuckyou.png (1278x720, 1.1M)

It isn't

Handsome design, looks like a 3 piece suit

carrier: TMobile USA
size: under 6" overall length
features: headphone jack, sd card
budget:~$500
the Zenfone 6 looks perfect but a little too big for my taste. then the Galaxy 10E looks pretty good as well but overpriced. are there any good chinkphones in that range with good lte coverage?

Attached: file.jpg (955x955, 384K)

Any recommendations on 5.5" phone with good battery life and non glass sides or back?

Sharp S2 if you can find it. If not, Sharp C10 (battery life is slightly worse). check the band support first.
t. S2 owner.

should i get the samsung a70 or google pixel 3a xl?

a70 pros:
>expandable storage
>more rear cameras
>bigger screen
>shiny back

3a xl pros:
>no bloatware
>guaranteed updates

Okay I'm in the market for a new phone.
Here's my requirements:

>1440p OLED display
>Always on display
>No curves on display
>Minimal bezels
>Pop up front camera
>At least two cameras, regular and ultra-wide
>SD card slot for 512 GB+
>5000mAh or more fast charging
>Fast Wireless charging
>3.5 mm jack
>Black phone color
>Not Chinese

Attached: mG9RySz.png (1215x1071, 1.17M)

>Always on display
Buy 6 of those new apple watches and hack them together.

Does it have a 3.5mm jack and sd card slot? And does it have a notch I can't see in those photos

Depending on how autistic you are about screen tech get a zenfone

3a xl. Samsung are shit for updates.
not happening. LG is your closest option but no 5000 mah battery or popup camera for a start.

>1080p IPS
Seriously, nii-san?
I currently use a Galaxy S9.
I want something better than that.

Attached: 44d15d4.png (513x360, 242K)

yes, no, no

I've noticed that the red version of K20/9T is actually cheaper than other variants looks like it's not selling well in that color, this looks nice though

why do you even want a new phone?

When do you think 1tb micro sd cards will become affordable? They're like 450 atm and I really want one for my phone

Attached: 1552649111_1466566.jpg (2500x2500, 419K)

Continue using your S9 cos your wishlist ain't happening, baka
I like the red too, but that pic is of the K20 Pro Premium edition, which isn't on sale until Sep 23

Because for some reason FGO runs slow as shit.

Attached: Portrait_CE_1070.png (512x875, 463K)

will this shit make it to european storea or will it stay in chink shit china

lmao your phone is full of bloatware, maybe even one or two viruses, start from there
I'm playing on an old ass redmi note 4 and it runs fine

Attached: 9761891.png (500x567, 143K)

I just bought a Redmi Meme Note 7. I got meme'd?

H-How do I fix it?!

Attached: 505.gif (600x337, 211K)

Attached: 1554053709808.jpg (160x160, 29K)

I've never used samdung but I guess it's the usual stuff, uninstall all garbage you don't use and close apps running in the background
a factory reset might be something to consider too

Attached: 1504967577147.jpg (480x466, 51K)

>samsung are shit for updates
based, my note 5 stopped receiving updates a good while ago

>TMobile
>USA
>close to 6" overall, prefer under
> headphone jack and SD card are required
>somewhere around $500
>don't care about speaker quality or camera quality,as long as they work
>battery life is a priority

reds a little too much for me but the carbon black and that white variant look pretty sweet

S10e or A70 depending on how much you truly care about size vs battery

Zenfone 6 is a good bet, battery life is amazing compared to my pixel XL

What can I do with 2nd hand phones to refurbish them for resale? Hardware or software?

Attached: galaxy-s8-plus_gallery_left_side_black_s4.png (318x486, 121K)

Someone tell me there are other notchless phones that are cdma and aren't the oneplus 7 pro.
I don't want to drop $700 on a phone with bezeled edges.

3a

Help
Regular p30 vs s10e
Can get them in simillar prices

Rog Phone II, just sacrifice 1440p for 1080

perhaps. posrong from one and its not too bad. get a screen protector or a skin for the glass back. mine skid off my lap and fell 3 feet to a concrete floor. no grass but i did get a period sized speck of a chip thats driving me crazy

I give it 2 years.

>google botnet

Someone pull the trigger for me right now

LG V35Q, Samsung A50, or Pixel 3a

Go.

V35 if it's new

Infrequent Redmi Note 4X shill here.
It's one of the best budget phones ever released and I've got to pay my respects to the pajeets that keep it usable.
Only gripe in 2020 I'll have with it is really the camera performance. Shame that's the only thing holding budget phones back.

iphone

rogphone2

sorry if this is asking to be spoonfed too much but i didn't find the op info terribly helpful and i've only used carrier-locked feature phones before
i'm moving to japan for a year and would like to buy my first smartphone before i go there
can anyone here confirm that a cdma phone is what i should be looking for and maybe recommend a carrier that would be best for a foreign-bought unlocked phone?
also, does anyone happen to know whether some android phones have better gps capabilities than others? i mostly want to use it for google maps, so it's important to me that it works well on my phone. also not looking to spend more than like $250.

Best phone under 5 inches?

bless the raibus on Jow Forums!!

Found a 4/128 Mi A3 with a price of $200. Is that a good price? I don't mind having a 720p screen that much.

I went to the phone store today for a job interview and I never really considered the regular Pixel 3. It looked really good in person, I was more impressed with it than the S10 and Note 10+ models that were on, but it's possible it stood out because the Pixel 3 XL and 3A next to it were turned off. But still, seriously considering a Pixel 3 right now... maybe I'll wait for a bit of a price drop and/or the pixel 4 reveal, although it's already $400 off. Wouldn't be the first time I bought last year's model when the new one was hot, bought the iPhone 6S when the 7 came out with no headphone jack. That was a decent phone despite iOS.

kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/JP

The screens not that bad. Only notice when reading some text. Can't see shit in the sun but who goes outside on this board lol.

iphone se

It doesn't pump up the brightness? I have the A2 Lite and when you first pull it out of your pocket it can be tough to see, but then after I yell at it to increase brightness it eventually adjusts and is fairly readable. Not perfect mind you, but good enough.

What do you mean that text is bad? That's one of the main things I do on a smartphone, so if that sucks it might not be an option at all. You'd think that since reading text on a 768p laptop screen is no big deal at 10" a 720p screen at 6" would be fine. Not true?

What kind of phone lets the world know I'm an incel?

>What do you mean that text is bad? That's one of the main things I do on a smartphone, so if that sucks it might not be an option at all. You'd think that since reading text on a 768p laptop screen is no big deal at 10" a 720p screen at 6" would be fine. Not true?
best i can explain is that text isn't always 'smooth' looking, like the pixels for the characters themselves are sometimes noticeable. I read a lot too and don't really mind it but it's worth mentioning.
brightness is just dull compared to what I've seen on other phones. not sure if it's an amoled thing since i've never owned one before this. direct sunlight viewing is kinda dim, like still readable but yeah.
still think it's great for the price, those are really the only two issues i thought were worth mentioning but they're really nonissues

any Razer phone

Recc me a Xi phone?

Attached: 1024px-Xiaomi_logo.svg.png (1024x1024, 10K)

Battery life isn't supposed to be that great, but otherwise it's a good device. I like bigger phones so I'm probably getting a 3a XL when it comes down in price.

Yeah I used to think I liked small devices but I'm on a Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite and it's huge by my old standards but seems just right. It's about the same size as the Pixel 3, but with less bezel. The battery life would be a downgrade, but the screen, processor and Android 10 and 11 updates now and fast in the future would be a definite upgrade. Good point about the battery though, thanks for the input. Have an anime gril.

Attached: aukfYvO.jpg (2324x3318, 344K)

Attached: gsmarena_001.jpg (344x215, 19K)

I helped my mom upgrade her iPhone 8 to 11 using the T-mobile promo.

I forgot it doesn't have a home button, I'm gonna have to teach her how to work it now.

How does iOS without a home button work?

I have a Xiaomi redmi note 4 whose screen broke, and when I started to take the time to repair it it is the battery went to shit.
Now I would like to buy a phone with easily replaceable battery and screen, and with official lineageos support.
Does somebody knows something like that? By "easily replaceable" I mean spare parts are easy to find, you don't have to break stuff, and for the battery you don't have to take everything apart to change it.

There exists a general for that. Anyway they're "OK" compared to normie earphones. But the 50 dollar KZ earphones are so much better.

>Not Chinese
Enjoy not buying anything then. All phones are at least in part Chinese, especially the battery. I mean, hell, the guy from Strange Parts assembled the S9+ from the parts found in Shenzhen.

>1440p OLED display
This is a gimmick which only took battery life with it in the past.

Xiaomi phones are already easy to replace the screen on, compared to most phones, as well as the battery. Spare parts are about as easy as they get because something like a Redmi Note 7 sells like hotcakes.

>normie