When will he be added to the sticky...

When will he be added to the sticky? He's not problematic and is responsible for the most famous Linux improvements in recent years.

Attached: poettering.jpg (1024x678, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/2402
github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/6369
github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/6237
usn.ubuntu.com/3341-1/
gitlab.freedesktop.org/polkit/polkit/issues/74
openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2017/01/24/4
github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/5644
bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/systemd/ bug/1795921?fbclid=IwAR3_wVdR0yJHiSf47wk8Y4QOrceW1NqTWHaSnB9l8hWZDXDWBdhrfIwPOLA
qualys.com/2019/01/09/system-down/system-down.txt
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=825394
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ryzen-3700x-3900x-linux&num=2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Poettering is an expert
at sucking dick

harry potter did not invent linux, retard

>writes a monolithic init script
>expects to be recognized
Guaranteed replies, btw.

Most people, by far the majority of linux users, possibly 99.9%, could not tell you why they dislike systemd. Of course they read about it being monolithic and other vague terms such as that, but they cannot actually say why THEY do not like it. They can only say why other people do not like it. They have been given a script to recite but could not stand their ground in a direct discussion on the pro's and cons of systemd with Poettering himself.
So you are correct, why not Poettering?

Also he's cute.

Has this dude written any software that isn't half baked garbage that barely runs at all?

problem with systemd is that the ideas behind it are Apple technology. He merely rewrote Launchd. One good thing that came out of it is that Linux is now effectively a users-pace, a system-space, and a kernel-space, rather than simply user and kernel.
That separation between user and kernel is exactly what makes linux a more stable environment.
I know a company that still uses SUSE 9.3 as a server. No systemd, still the init system. It's just so antiquated. There are problems every week because they are running terminal services to a bunch of 1980's Wyse terminals. If it was running with systemd it would solve a lot of problems

can you be more specific about the problems you have had with systemd?

*closes your issue with wontfix*

*breaks*

Systemd introduces unneccesary complication to the init and absorbs things it has no business absorbing (i.e. udev).

so what's good about it then, genius

Nice script dude but, no, I was asking you to be specific about the problems YOU have had, not the problems you have read about other people having
State specifically how this "absorption" of udev has affected you.

He is based.
He made really useful parts of systemd/Linux systems like systemd, pulsaudio etc.
You're just mad that some spic got citizenship in Germany and has better job than you.

Explain why a person should have to have been personally affected by some matter for the right to take issue with it

cannot reboot: systemd-hurfdurf is not running

and that's the first time any linux system has spontaneously broken on me over 13 years

>100 times the SLoC of OpenRC with no obvious benefits
>tries to do everything and is mediocre at best at it
>hardcoded google IPs
>even has built in games and other """nerdy""" junk, this is unnecessary at best and a security risk at worst because so much unnecessary shit is installed and likely never audited
>only compatible with linux and nothing else
>Linus even banned systemd developers because they tried adding garbage quality code to the kernel, you can guess what systemd quality is like from this alone

Attached: systemd.gif (426x284, 3.99M)

pulseaudio made everything worse and nothing better

You know, there's a reason why the Poetteringware meme exists.

Attached: Y5V8W.jpg (4272x2848, 563K)

Why does it have to be problems I have had? If I have a conceptual/design issue with something, I won't use. As for the absorbing udev part, it makes it more difficult for nonsystemd distros to use udev. Luckily, gentoo guys have a fork they keep up with otherwise we'd be fucked.

What is good about systemd is that it replaces several old methods with a single unified method of conflict resolution

This

Poettering is the youngest looking 40 year old I've ever seen

Linux is just a small component of the systemD distro

>modularity and choice is bad

If systemd is so good why is Debian trying to get rid of it?

That's like saying, "I will oppose this because it is my right to oppose it even if I win by not opposing it" in other words retardism on the scale of disliking a thing that does you good

His track record is terribe
>made pulseaudio, forced it to be "the standard" then stopped caring
>made *kit because "multiple seats for one computer is what we need", forced it to be the standard and then stopped caring about the project
>made systemd because "init systems are cool and I am cool so it's obvious that I can make the best one, this time it's gonna be great "

github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/2402

Your analogy makes absolutely zero sense. I wouldn't drive a car with an unsafe design even though I personally never got into a wreck with one. Same principle.

nice script

5 gbs init script with it's own login system, network stack, audio system, etc
Soon they will merge emacs, gnome and chromium into systemd and turn it into it's own linux dostro

>It's the kernel fault

Systemd-Hostnamed does not like certain hostnames (includes poettering defending bullshit):
github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/6369

systemd cant handle user names that start with a number:
github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/6237

systemd DNS resolver had remote code execution:
usn.ubuntu.com/3341-1/

Users could run any systemctl command:
gitlab.freedesktop.org/polkit/polkit/issues/74

systemd local root exploit:
openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2017/01/24/4

Systemd does an rm -rf /:
github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/5644

Systemd ipv6 handling exploit:
bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/systemd/ bug/1795921?fbclid=IwAR3_wVdR0yJHiSf47wk8Y4QOrceW1NqTWHaSnB9l8hWZDXDWBdhrfIwPOLA

Systemd-journald exploit:
qualys.com/2019/01/09/system-down/system-down.txt

systemd kills user processes at logout because poettering decided so:
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=825394

systemd failed on Ryzen:
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ryzen-3700x-3900x-linux&num=2

I love how the systemd and GNOME shill gets quiet every time real bugs are brought up

He's too cute, sticky man must be someone disgusting looking

Have you personally experienced problems with systemd

"complications"wdym
"absorbing"wdym
scripted

yes, see

Remember that one time someone tried to pay a profissional killer to kill Lennart?

If Internet Explorer is so bad
Why does it come with every Windows

It's almost like Red Hat is one of the biggest donors to projects like Debian and Gnome and used politics to make the devs jump on the systemd bandwagon

Attached: init.jpg (1751x494, 369K)

[wontfix]

so systemd is cool and awesome

>Runit.

Attached: FordGT_Heritage_Supercar-copy.jpg (2600x1950, 533K)

Because it's a front-end for a lot of Windows services. This is why it is being replaced by Edge. lole.

Born to log
The world is a binary file
Alloca'em all
410757864530 wontfix bugs

Attached: images (25).jpg (490x353, 33K)

Well?
Well?
Well?
>Well?

>If you say x, it's an invalid answer because other people have already said x. Instead you need to produce a detailed original study on the matter, which I will then dismiss in one sentence as alarmism, fear-mongering, and/or bullshit.

You heard someone say that before you, therefore what you said is invalid. You lose the argument, sorry.

Binary log files should be replaced with JSON

What do we have here?

>Born to crash
>The code is a fuck
>wontfix em all
>I'm trash daemon
>410757864530 exploits
Fixed