>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtu.be/hGiAfMoYEjI?t=92

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. 2400G/3400G may be worth to less likely require a CPU upgrade when adding a dGPU
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>Wait for Threadripper gen3 - Extreme overkill gaming with its larger cache
>R7 1700 - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do NOT use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660/TI / Vega56 - higher fps / more demanding games; only worth it on sale as normal cost is overpriced
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 70-100FPS+ gaming
>RX 5700XT - higher FPS
2160p (4K)
>RX 5700XT/2070S - budget option. Upscale with RIS/CAS
>2080Ti - best for 4K, but poor value

>RX 570/580 stock is becoming limited as RX 5600 launch approaches

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (g/free-sync) is important for gaming
>HDD are defunct except for servers, NAS, and sub-$400 builds; SSDs are cheap now
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss), and comparisons which only use averages and not 1% minimums nor framegraphs
>AM4 VRMs, Monitors & Storage/SSD guidelines under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: artic-freezer-34-esports-duo-cpu-cooler-review sound.png (556x1453, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/gLGxFT
pcpartpicker.com/product/jBZzK8
digitalcitizen.life/review-amd-ryzen-5-3600
linustechtips.com/main/topic/891730-cpu-cooler-performance-tier-list/
pcpartpicker.com/list/mwmNn7
pcpartpicker.com/list/fCgrx6
pcpartpicker.com/list/YrvZx6
pcpartpicker.com/list/LCvD4n
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

haven't upgraded my Zen 2 bios since release, has anything noteworthy changed?

>ryzen 5 3600
>RTX 2070S MSI TRIO GAMING X
>MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX
>Ballistix DDR4 3200 MHz 16CL 2x8GB
>Corsair RM650x
>SSD ADATA SU800 1TB
should i change anything?

I see. I'll stick with the 2060s then.

What processor do you have? The newest bios, ABBA, fixes a lot of users inability to reach the expected frequencies that were advertised. Depending on your board maker, it might not be available yet, but I think most have released it.

Well OP, that may be the most quiet but who's the coolest of them all?

I forgot to mention that this build is for 1440p 144hz gaming. That's why I'm going a little overboard with the parts. I'm also having trouble finding a case with dust filters that isn't a full tower and doesn't look like optimus prime. I enjoy simple black cases.

Attached: pcpartpicker.png (1929x1186, 93K)

2060 is a bit low for 1440p144

Okay, so I read about the way you're supposed to compare the different revisions of GPUs, and I'd like for someone to rate how correct am I with my conclusions. I'm looking at 5700XTs.
The msi mech looks pretty bad, so does the evoke.
Gigabyte gaming OC seems not horrible.
Sapphire pulse and ASUS TUF gaming x3 seem good.
And obviously I've seen people constantly complaining about powercolors being out of stock, but nobody mentioned the standard version, that one seems okay as well, right?

which one for a 3600 and 5700xt ?
pcpartpicker.com/product/gLGxFT
or
pcpartpicker.com/product/jBZzK8

fuck me, Need a 2080 after all?

'1440p 144hz gaming'
'a little overboard with the parts'
>3700x
>200 usd gaymer mobo
>2060

retard

That's why I'm asking for advice. Maybe 1440p was a mistake after all.

>3700x
>2060
son, you are trying to fire nuclear missile using nerf gun
get normal RTX like 2070S it should be enough, 2080ti is shitty in terms of value rn

Theory time

I was day dreaming today and hear this

I was thinking I can make a sound proof box and put my pc case in it with the biggest and loudest fans I can get for cheap so that way I would never have to worry about "quiet fans" and "soundproof cases" and at the same time keep temps low

Attached: room-sound-proofing-500x500.jpg (500x500, 37K)

Will do on that 2070s, but what should I do aout the CPU then?

are there any issues with using an nvme on a tomahawk?

Should i buy a hyper 212 black to use on my 3600?

it's more than enough
r5 3600 would probably be enough

You dont think putting your computer in a sound proof box would impact thermals? Are you retarded?

its a 65w tdp processor, the stock cooler will be fine

Something like this, but bigger

thats why is gonna have big fans everywhere

Attached: dsc_0390.jpg (529x397, 79K)

So how does the air get out?

oh mb i was being a dick

144hz 1440p ultra settings is a job for a 2080ti. chances are you'd be good on high/almost ultra using a 2080 super if you want to get close to 144hz.

whatever you do make it better than the 2060 and make sure you have a compatible free/g-sync monitor to keep refresh rate consistent with your inevitably variate frame rate since you are probably not buying a 2080 ti.

i suggest allocating some of the cpu/mobo cost to at least get a 2070 super (good value) if not a 2080 or 2080s (both of which are considered overpriced but imo the value of the 2070 super and 5700xt are just so good it makes everything else look like shit)

When a 2080ti struggles to perform at 1440p 144hz in newer titles, yeah

No it isn't. It gets almost 95 degrees during a stress test and I've changed paste several times same result.
In this review they say the same thing happened digitalcitizen.life/review-amd-ryzen-5-3600

I didn't want to change it but it appears it seems I can't avoid it if I don't want my CPU to shut down.
The cooler is just fucking aluminum and no cooper, the previous gen ones were better.
Is the hyper 212 black any good? And what's the difference between it and the 212 evo?

I see thank you. I always went for a more expensive CPU because it's harder to upgrade since I would need a new motherboard.

Isn't the 5700xt way better value than the 2070?

I dont know the exact brand but home depot has these things

Attached: aac635hmcw.jpg (227x170, 7K)

How about you do some leg work yourself, little one.

linustechtips.com/main/topic/891730-cpu-cooler-performance-tier-list/

you're adding too much to the mix here
by using a system like this, you're already going to be using wire extensions

just use more wire extensions and put it in a closet or basement, drill a hole in the wall/floor and separate the computer room from the interface device room
having a computer on the immediate side of uninsulated drywall will eliminate all fan noise (you'll still hear hard drive clicking though, i speak from experience)

Upgraded the GPU and downgraded the CPU a bit. Now I don't know how to choose motherboards, I just wanted one that wouldn't make me regret being alive after owning a B350 Tomahawk.

Attached: pcpartpicker.png (1914x1196, 98K)

This is for 1440p 144hz for anyone new looking at it.

Even a 2080Ti won't do 144fps in every game at 720p, let alone at 1440p.
It just depends on what you play.
5700XT will do a better job of 1440p at high refresh rates than the 2060S, especially with RIS. But again, ultimately depends on what you play.
Yes.

2080 is only like 10-15% better than the 5700XT for 50% more money .................
what are you doing?
That card only exists to part stupid people with their money

>That card only exists to part stupid people with their money
i told him to get 2070s since 2080 are now shit in value

The list seems to imply the 212 RGB black is better than the no RGB version. I thought it was just the lights that were different.

Yea but that doesn't make a 2070 not a good deal. 5700xt on average (plenty of different opinions on this) the same or marginally worse than a 2070 super but boasts a strong dollar per frame compared to most cards right now.

5700xt will not max all of your games in 1440p 144hz, nor will a 2070 super. its a great (the best0 valued card but you probably will need to shell out a lot on your gpu if you dream of being consistent at 144hz at decent quality, which is why im not disconsidering nvidia cards here.

is 2060s for me?
>want to build brand new pc
>want to get comfy 1080p on high or ultra in new shit like cp 2077 for like 3-5 years
ye ye, i know, 2070s has better value, but it's overkill for 1080p gaming imo

That's not really a concern with AMD. The AM4 socket has now lasted 3 generations and is rumored to last through a 4th.

There's a catch, though. AMD is only guaranteed to support the AM4 socket through 2020, so buying an X570 doesn't future proof you like you think it does.

A B450 Tomahawk or B450 Pro Carbon are much better values, and the B450's VRM's & cooling are better than their 470 counterparts.

Other than that you'd probably be better off with a 2070S over the 2080. Also I don't think 1440p/144Hz is a realistic goal unless you want to play everything on low/medium settings. You need to plan to have one or the other, but not both.

Other than that your build looks good!

My 2060 slays everything at 1080p. But I run a 60hz monitor so even it's overkill desu.

5700xt is probably for you at that price point, overclock it as you need more performance every once in a while.

Rx5700/XT

This sounds better by far, only issue I found is how to remote control the power/reset button

Any ideas?

who be quiet pure rock here

>2070s has better value
2060 Super is better value than 2070 Super

Check prices on 2080 Super, probably a way better deal than a regular 2080.

>way better value
Slightly better value than a 2060 Super

It doesn't struggle, in that it'll push over 100FPS in everything and 144FPS in any competitive games. Not that I'm recommending a 2080Ti, I'm just saying don't exaggerate

1440p is not a mistake, as long as you monitor has adaptive sync. In fact it's decently easy to run. 4K is the mistake

If you want the ray tracing in 2077, wait for benchmarks before buying. If you have to buy now a 2060 Super or 2070 Super is fine

>1440p is not a mistake, as long as you monitor has adaptive sync.
Can you go into more detail for an idiot like me please? I know what adaptive sync is but I have no experience with it.

before buying a motherboard read up on the available featureset in the manual for the bios
the ideal solution is "power on with ps/2 keypress or usb keypress", a less ideal solution is "wake on lan" which you could operate from a phone or another computer

i heard that 5700xt likes to be hot and noisy, any good aftermarket cards here that will not set my cat, sleeping next to the pc, on fire?

>All these conflicting answers
I'm starting to think 144 hz monitor for 1440p was a big mistake. Fuck, I'm already spoiled by 1440p so I just have to get used to 90fps for most titles then. Since the 2080 seems shitty with value I'll go with the 2070 but when I switch my motherboard i get a warning telling me that I may need an older cpu for updating the motherboards bios. I'm already having issues with the fucking b450 before even buying it

>i heard that 5700xt likes to be hot and noisy
Yeah, the reference cards. Literally any partner card is a good alternative.

Aight, give me your lewdest cases and parts

Anyone?

Don't despair user, I've been playing at 1440@144 since circa 2015 and it's great. First with a 980 Ti, now with a 1080 Ti. I play mainly Rainbow Six Siege these days but I can still get a solid 90 FPS or better in AAA releases without compromising on settings.

All games will benefit from 1440p but only competitive and FPS games will really benefit from 144hz, and those games usually have low requirements anyway. But when you feel the smoothness in those games, you'll not want to go back.

with that money you can just get a Noctua fan and actually be below 30db, hell even Bequiet! is good for that money

Yeah you're right, I get 101 fps on average in Mordhau and I only really need 60 fps in normal titles. I think this set up is nice for that yes? minus the b450 since it's being a bitch

Attached: pcpartpicker.png (2089x1285, 109K)

wrong image

Attached: pcpartpicker.png (1919x1203, 101K)

Beautiful, user. You've got yourself a winner there.

No reason not to go with the M.2 MX500 unless the regular SSD version is cheaper.

What's the difference?

pcpartpicker.com/list/mwmNn7
Still looking around for a case, but how's this so far? First time build.
Also does anyone have any leads for a white case without a window? It feels like those are super rare.

Attached: start no case.png (1533x782, 104K)

It fixed a system hang I was initially experiencing.

M.2 is a little stick that looks like a piece of RAM and slots into your motherboard. 2.5" is the older SSD form factor that looks like a little plastic box you have to hook up with power and data cables.

Both use SATA so the performance is equal but the M.2 drive is more cute.

It mounts directly to the mobo so you don't have to find somewhere to mount the SSD... or run a SATA cable... or run a power cable.

Looks like a good rig, user. Ballistix 3200 like in build is better RAM, though.

Let me also add, no need to pay the Samsung tax. An MX500 or WDBlue SSD will do just as good for a cheaper price.

Again, snag the M.2 version of the SSD if they're the same price or cheaper for the reasons mentioned above.

>Also does anyone have any leads for a white case without a window? It feels like those are super rare.

Meshify C is shilled pretty often here

It's kinda ugly though

So I'm updating from an i5 4690k with a ryzen. Would you guys say that a 3600 is better or would super future proofing with a 3700 be better? This is for 1080p gaming and school shit.

Adaptive sync means that you don't have to worry about Vsync stutter

you don't need a 750W psu for a 1660 ti

So I should always have it on?

Basically, if both your graphics card and your monitor support it. Adaptive sync means either Freesync or Gsync, not Nvidia's adaptive vsync

what mobo should i get and should i change anything, not sure about 2070s, heard good shit about msi gaming trio and it's a bit cheaper

Attached: 123131.png (1491x824, 89K)

I struggled with the same debate but went with the 3700x. With next gen consoles having 8 core CPU's it made better sense from a longevity standpoint.

Attached: MAX.jpg (937x45, 16K)

sounds about right, the best 5700xts are the saphire Nitro and powercolor red devil. The rest are completely fine and the absolute worst are the MSI cards

pcpartpicker.com/list/fCgrx6
I'm upgrading from a 4690k/970.
How's this for 1080@144, and possibly 1440p@144? Not quite sure yet if I'll be upgrading my monitor or not.
There's a red dragon that's actually cheaper, or a sapphire pulse for the same price, so I could go with one of those too.
And don't worry about the prices, they're there for me to keep track, it's in PLN.
Also, how are the driver issues with AMD? I've heard there's some for the 5700xt.

Thanks man

CPU and GPU for 4k ultra 144hz?

nothing can do ultra 4k 144hz

nothing from amd maybe

that's true, also nothing from intel

>i5 6600K
>GTX 970
>MSI Z170 SLI PLUS
>HyperX Savage DDR4 2x8GB
>630 Watt be quiet! Pure Power L8 CM Modular 80+ Bronze
i want to make the switch from 1080p to 1440p. i usually play games (squad, sandstorm, new stuff thats coming out) and do cad work (solidworks, solid edge, autocad...). what are some sensible upgrades without switching the motherboard?

Attached: 1568628593747.jpg (960x960, 94K)

>without switching the motherboard?
Really there aren't any CPU upgrades, unless you can find a cheap i7 6700/K. For 1440p you're looking for a 2060/Super or 5700/XT

radeon 5600 when

If I buy a 2070S should I get an MSI gaming trio or EVGA ftw 3 ultra?

nothing from intel you can afford to begin with poozen shill

Upgraded SSD to M.2 but I've never used this so We'll see how well it performs. The only thing left is the case, I just grabbed any random case because I don't see the differences in them besides aesthetics compared to the 200R. Thank you anons for your help.

Attached: pcpartpicker.png (1956x1268, 104K)

That's a SATA SSD in m.2 format. Get the Sabrent Rocket, way better.

Threadripper 3 and rtx 3080ti

also nothing from nvidia

I have the xc ultra 2070s. Overclocked it as far as i could, it hits 71c, its quiet. I like it

Oh but btw i had to set my own fan curve because the fans turning on and off at idle makes a clicking noise, lots of people have reported it, a fan curve resolved it

pcpartpicker.com/list/YrvZx6
how did I do ni/g/gas
considering changing the gpu to the FTW3 version, but not sure, is the extra oomph worth it?

>super future proofing
>two extra cores
>super future proof
No one know what'll happen with next gen requirements, better to get a 3600 and possibly upgrade to a 3900X later if CPU req go through the roof. Obviously if we're not talking high refresh, a 3700X is decently future proof

9900KS + 2080Ti is your best bet

>3080ti
get ati radeon 9200

Rate please you cute, dirty fucking sluts. Is TN based panels THAT BAD? Because the LG Nano-IPS monitor is out of stock for the next 3 weeks easily and I'm sick of fucking waiting.

pcpartpicker.com/list/LCvD4n

Attached: 1568246177726.gif (500x281, 329K)

Done

Attached: pcpartpicker.png (1941x1294, 105K)

Sapphire nitro>=red devil>gigabyte(the one with 3 fans)>pulse=red dragon>msi shit is how the ranking goes atm

dont get tn. its a meme. you will constantly regret it. get ips.

AAAHHHH BUT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR LITERAL MONTHS

I see a lot of people here going with 1TB SSDs, isn't that a little low if you're going to be installing a lot of games and downloading other stuff on the side?