Why is linux allowed to steal windows interface?

it looks exactly the same. all the buttons and everything are in the EXACT same place as on windows.
why doesnt microsoft sue these guys?

Attached: CFF56E12-9B60-4D52-8F1D-5F892D15B572.png (1361x768, 871K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digibarn.com/collections/software/alto/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Why don't Microsoft sue these guys?
Because MS already stole it before, it's not "theirs", you dumbfuck

>why does the guy who made music notes not sue musicians?

theres a diffrence between microsoft borrowing from xerox and linux ripping off the windows interface completly to the point where they even put icons and stuff in the exact same spots as on windows

Button placement is a copyright?

Vielleicht sie haben die beste weg eine rechtner zu nutzen herausgefunden?

Copyright is already overused today. I'm glad Microsoft doesn't try to pull this shit. They probably can't, they sue people for far less "offenses".

they don't use microsoft code

Some window managers have a windows-esque look by default. "Linux" didn't steal anything.

Those icons on the bottom left are aesthetic as fuck

Copyright has incredibly wide reach and companies consistently stretch the limits. Deutsche Telekom sued people for using the letter T in logos.

>why doesn't the guy who invented the bicycle sue the person who invented the motorcycle

considering windows and macos stole most of their GUI ideas from systems like SGI, Commodore's Amiga and various UNIX distros, i don't know how microsoft would have any case, you dribbling spastic.

all user interfaces are influenced by each other
taskbar -> windows
apple -> dock
linux -> workspace
control panel -> amiga workbench?

Attached: fuck-copyright-d0012746184.png (1000x593, 107K)

bait

Xerox made the first gui OS yet they went fucking bust while crapple and winblowz made hella fuckin bank. Ironic, no?

Attached: Screenshot_20190919-124414.png (2048x1379, 560K)

Doesn’t even look that much like windows

>why won't GNU/Linux related distros/foundations/projects sue microsoft and apple for adding virtual workspaces and dark themes?

20.04 can't get here soon enough. Anyone have any experience with LXQT stability on ubuntu 18.04? I'm a lazy boy that can't be bothered to load it up myself.

Attached: t800HatesPenguins.gif (330x177, 991K)

*Vielleicht haben sie einfach den besten Weg gefunden, um einen Rechner zu nutzen?

Still sounds a bit strange though

windows had theming and multiple desktops in windows 1.0, but removed it

The start menu and task bar was pretty much the only thing MS ever did right. It was also the only time they took UI development seriously.

Linux is a kernel

18.04 is LXDE still.

Because it is not patented.
Thus, you can steal it.

It's for you wintards who can't understand actually good DEs

>why was toyota allowed to steal fords car interface
>look how their car has a steering wheel and peddles just like fords does, why doesn't ford just sue these guys?

Jokes aside, first ford had 4 pedals

>went fucking bust
that's an interesting way to describe a company that's been in business since 1906. how fucking retarded are you exactly? take your zoomer cancer elsewhere, moron.

>taskbar -> windows
Microsoft totally copied the Windows 95 taskbar from Acorn's RISC OS.

Attached: RISCOS3-800x600.png (800x600, 9K)

Windows 10's new light theme looks as if they copied KDE so I'm sure it's even again now.

And Apple straight out stole the Alto UI from PARC. Your point being?

Clearly you're the fuckin zoomer if you don't remember how Xerox basically faded to obscurity after the 80s/90s
They used to be a tech giant

linux is a kernel, so how could it ever steal a GUI design?

Apple actually *paid* Xerox for access to PARC, and hired a bunch of people from there. But the Mac's interface turned out pretty different from the Alto's.

digibarn.com/collections/software/alto/index.html

Attached: alto-cedar-environment.jpg (624x731, 75K)

This is deepin linux. I dont think a Chinese company is going to give a fuck about American copyright law.

This, you can't sue people over a button OP