I'm sick of lagPhones and the yearly lagOS killswitch updates

I'm sick of lagPhones and the yearly lagOS killswitch updates.
I'm sick of android ARM locked rooting bullshit.

I don't care about "MUH LATEST AND GREATEST."
I just want a fucking phone to make calls, text, and use GPS a couple times a year, and doesn't get throttled to shit by planned obsolescence.
Why the FUCK can't phones just work like x86?
>pick whatever OS you like
>install in 10 minutes no bullshit
>use forever
>free updates forever

Attached: 1549291599127.png (493x515, 135K)

get a linux phone

Still using my OnePlus One.

It's the nature of of how Android was built: battery life and custom animations. If you're okay with 10% lower battery life and less UO jazz, enable options in pic related.

Attached: Screenshot_20190907-142107.png (720x1280, 69K)

Another aspect of Android is RAM management. By default it's programmed to max out as much of your RAM as possible with app cache (ie temp audio/video/images) so when you launch them again they'll load almost instantly.

On high spec 8-12GB RAM phones this is a blessing as you can have a magnitude of apps open and not suffer from the reloading of their data TO AN EXTENT.

On low spec 2-4GB RAM phones this is a curse as just maxing out the RAM is enough to bring the system to its knees with just a couple of apps open. This is why iPhones have such horrid long term performance for the price. At least on Android setting pic related to at least 4 lets you multi-task with a group of apps comfortably without things reloading.

Attached: Screenshot_20190919-174113.png (720x1280, 78K)

Wait for PinePhone to start production

Freetard phones are just as bad if not worse than iPhones. While I honor their attempt to make something better they just don't have a place in a world largely saturated by mainstream android and iOS. Just look the late windows phone.

nothing is worse than iPhones except most feature phones. The OS itself is garbage and not nearly as good as Android or whatever currently unfinished Linux Pine/Librem will use.

I'm afraid it is just by how many apps iOS has. Sure the pinephone will have a menorah of multitude of CLI programs (I personally use a few of them through Termux an Android myself) but 99% of people don't care. They just want their toddler-grade "app" to hand hold them through the most basic of tasks even if it means 24/7 "telemetey" like apple's always on siri recording "feature".

There are better and cheaper toys than iPhones. I don't care about popularity when I choose my tools. If it works better, it is better. So even a cheap android device beats iPhones imho.

Well that's different though the rarity of your unicorn phone will most likely make it overpriced or severely underperforming (BOTH in case of the purism tranny phone).

Lineage OS supported Android phones seem like the best compromise imho. You get good hardware for the price and a more privacy/security oriented device without the apple idiot tax.

>vaporware

cringe

Get a dumbphone, get a garmin

I have an LG440 clamshell with Tracphone that costs me 90 a year because I don't want to lose the 7000 minutes I have accrued.

You can't even imagine how happy I am....

"Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk"

>Lineage OS
Why do you unironically recommend this poo?

cope

why not just use some cheap chinese xiaomeme phone?

what then?

>cheap chinese xiaomeme phone

>chinkshit
>privacy
>security
Even their firmware comes loaded with that shit

Pick 1 (one).
>get spied on by apple
>get spied on by google
>get spied on by china
>don't have a phone

It's your own fault for buying a trashy brand. Buy a decent android brand like Xiaomi or OnePlus and you won't have any issues with lag. Samsung is trash stay far away from them. Their hardware is decent but their software sucks.

As someone who just bought a new phone for the first time in 4 years, I was mindblown how hard it still is to find a good one.

I thought by now you would be able to get a good smart phone for $200. I was wrong. They are all intentionally built to be garbage, so that there is still distinct price tiers. People would rather buy the $500 phone and not have to worry about functionality issues.

You should be able to get a decent, cheap phone that:

-makes calls and texts
-has good signal
-no lag in basic processes
-isn't fucking botnetted or google locked
-charges fast with good battery life
-REASONABLE price

It doesn't exist! Just when you think you've found out, you realize it has some major fucking drawback that renders it invalid

Xiaomi is the worst. Even more garbage than plain android OS, has TWO botnets instead of one. Refuses to let you root without 1- being chinese and making a request from a chinese IP 2- waiting months to get approved 3- downloading a closed-source proprietary program to link up to your phone 4- be logged into their special chinese botnet (required to even perform the request to root) 5- do all that in chinese because they don't have an english version. At least they have good hardware (i.e. the thing OP doesn't give a shit about).
Oneplus is super overpriced for the hardware and its only boast is the hardware. Then again I'm not blind to your patterns, shill.

This. Samshit has some long ass animations. like 2 seconds just to switch from one app to the other.