Switched to Linux

>switched to Linux
>instantly regret it
how do you guys get along with these sub standard apps? I get they're free but holy shit apparently free means garbage. gimp is a joke. darkroom is a joke. libre office is barf. is linux meant for idling on irc?

Attached: trey_gowdy2.jpg (620x412, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/ribbing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's meant for ricing and posting in desktop threads.

>these new things don't work exactly like my old things
fuck off faggot

>I get they're free
Then you get most of what there is to get about it.
>but holy shit apparently free means garbage
If you decided to start a hunter-gatherer lifestyle as a boycott effort against corruption in the modern economy, would you also complain that raw buffalo doesn't taste like burgers?

>how do you guys get along with these sub standard apps?
because i'm a developer and don't really need the kinds of apps you need. when i do—and it's rarely—that's what a VM's for

>If you decided to start a hunter-gatherer lifestyle as a boycott effort against corruption in the modern economy
extremely cringe and bluepilled. Jow Forums is pathetic.

hmmmmm I wonder (((whos))) behind this post?

Good post man.

linux is for professional developers. its a work machine. If you want a computer with *killer apps* then use macOS (or windows if you're a poorfag). I do a lot of music production so i still keep mac around for that but i don't do my programming or server admin stuff on it.

>gimp is a joke
Try Krita.

>gimp is a joke
learn to install and use scripts. gimp's biggest advantage over competitors is how much of its internals are exposed through the scripting interface. there are a huge number of scripts available at this point that do all sorts of great stuff. if you do digital painting krita is hands down the best software, proprietary or free.
>darkroom is a joke
i've never even heard of it, sorry.
>libre office is barf
i've only used libre office writer but my impression was that it was more or less a gui wrapper of groff's mom macro package. i just learned groff instead and wrote my own macro package which produces better results than any wysiwyg word processor. i realize that's a lousy suggestion but i honestly don't like any of the office suites, proprietary or otherwise, so my opinion on them isn't very valuable.

>darkroom
if you meant darktable, try rawtherapee instead

>gimp is a joke.
>darkroom is a joke.
>libre office is barf.
You seem like G Suite would be right up your alley. How about you install Chrome and just do that?

Download kolourpaint, way easier to use than gimp

op you are a retard. stick to windows or macs. we don't want you

krita is good but clip studio paint is still better sadly

it's good for developers, i wouldn't use it for office type stuff

>linux
>apps
Yeah, generally people use Operating Systems for those.
Loading an app onto a kernel is a bad idea.

Attached: 1568856973966.png (728x800, 844K)

>unironically recommending macOS
Yikers bro.

>apps
Retard

Install to a usb drive.
It's temporary, doesn't require a virtual machine, and can be taken to any computer so long as you can select where to boot from.

linux desktop is absolutely inferior, but gives you some options that windows doesn't realistically allow.
nearly all of the applications you're talking about are maintained by volunteers, so how could you possibly expect the same quality vs a paid product?

because Jow Forums shills ganoo plus loonix 24/7, claims everyone should use it, and then shits on anyone who uses it and realizes it's not good

Browsing internet, server or programming without ide, everything else is awful

Thank you Asran. Your continued support is noted and appreciated. 15INR have been deposited into your account.

It's funny how GIMP and LibreOffice are the only programs that get consistently criticized when it comes to software on Linux. Like a tacit admission that everything else is fine. GIMP is fine for casual users who want to edit some pictures every once in a while. If you need it in a professional in some capacity, yeah, I can see a problem, though I don't really know enough about that. The biggest problem about LibreOffice is that it doesn't play nice with MS Office formats, which yeah, no surprise, Microsoft does its best to make it incompatable with other software, even if it means their formats are an absolute clusterfuck. Never even heard of darkroom, sounds lewd.

LibreOffice would be fine if everyone else used it

ppl that use gnu/linux as a desktop os definitely dont give a shit about those programs

nice elitism you got there
what did op do wrong, you fucking faggot?

app is just the shortened version of application, you dumb retard

seething

fag is just a shortened version of faggot, you dumb nigger

what the fuck's your point? lmao

Make sure you mention notepad++ next time, whatever emacs and whatever are a fucking meme and only exist to edit files over telnet.

Exactly. I'm not a big fan of office suits but it's hard to convince normies of anything else for the job.

>Crying about notepad++ instead of downloading notepadqq
ISHYGDDT

Sublime Text

LibreOffice opens perfectly XML Documents (docx, etc). Criticism on LibreOffice is about how unusable and unstable the interface is.

Based cyancapsule post
OP, Linux is for programmen. You know, that thing that 9/10 Jow Forums can't do?
Your pic of an inbred sisterfucking hick should have made it clear to others here that you have different needs in your operating system which are better addressed on Windows.

Attached: 2314e3wqedfsa.png (386x363, 189K)

I got a problem where pictures in the document would just be darker in LibreOffice. Never had any problems with the interface, though I don't use it much. MS Office has terrible problems with keeping a consistent interface, they try to justify buying the next version by making useless changes.

have you tried wine

>learn to install and use scripts.
yeah no I'm not a neet I just wanna press a button and it just works

it's free and respects my privacy

Arent most people using Google's office shit anyway now?

MSPaint is definitely better than free alterantives. No doubt there. MSPaint is just laid out in a way thats really easy to use and a high priority of useful stuff. Like you can click and drag the canvas size however you want. You can easily select an area and crop it (the crop button is weirdly hard to find in free apps). Print screen on windows always works and can always easily paste into Paint and crop and use.

Unbased and rainbowpilled

trips speaks truth.

If you only work on normie-tier problems, why would you expect to gain any utility out of anything but normie-tier operating systems? Just stick to your windows or mac.

>If you decided to start a hunter-gatherer lifestyle as a boycott effort against corruption in the modern economy, would you also complain that raw buffalo doesn't taste like burgers?

That's some high quality smartass right there. I'm fucking using that in the future.

Attached: clappy.gif (500x375, 240K)

> gimp, darkroom, office

get a real job

>yeah no I'm not a neet I just wanna press a button and it just works

Linux desktops and respective support just isn't there yet brah.

if you're an OSlet, you can get started with WSL and get comfortable with your preferred shell (bash is fine). having a decent terminal + shell is alone worth the switch.

Anytime I look at job adds, it's always about MS Office if they have any requirements in that area. Still got to see one that require Google shit.

The key is to use latex sed grep and etc like a person who knows what they doin'

libreoffice is good but youre right about the rest of them

go back to school

I can't I got suspended for fucking your mother on the climbers

Now tell me the difference between an application and softeare in general. Then tell me what an applet is.

I've seen job applications ask for it but they were tech jobs.

fuck off glownigger

linux is only really useful for programmers and netsec people. now you know

Pay your (((taxes))) with our special (((fun money))) or else you'll end up behind bars, you don't want that, think of all the good (((products))) you'll be missing out on purchasing and all the (((advertisements))) you'll miss.

based

>gimp
man, it really is shit
but I still use it even on Windows
>darkroom
haven't touched it
>libreoffice
Writer is fine, although it will still do dumb shit like autocorrect a line after you erase and re-type the correction, something MS Office fixed ages ago.
Impress and Draw are fucking AIDS-tier slow sacks of shit.
haven't needed to use Calc for much of anything, and I've have absolutely never had to touch Base

but really, 90% of what I do is
>straight text editing (anything can do this)
>web browsing
>image editing (so, GIMP, bleh)
>programming
>music creation (I use Renoise, which has a fine Linux version -- haven't bothered with VSTs too much either, so that isn't a problem)

GIMP lacks really basic quality-of-life features that someone editing images day in, day out would immediately ask for.

use Kate, fag

Wait until your computer freezes when browsing the internet

KolourPaint is a straight clone of classic MS Paint that actually just werks.

You don’t produce music, or probably anything at all rather than browsing this site on your fat rump
mac is an actual unix desktop
linux is a unix server
retard

Does that actually happen? Wtf?
Was thinking about switching to Linux, now not so much.

Linux desktop is a joke
All real dev shops give you a mac laptop
Have a real resume as a developer and you know this

Or you work in windows land
Whatever you’re getting paid unlike the fags here

You program systems in Linux for the most part. You build backends. It's still a ways off from having the consumer market share to spur on development of consumer level desktop applications, like photo editors. You might want to consider how much adobe has spend developing PS to get it where it is today.

an applet is just a derogatory term for application, like how some people call a man a manlet

Oh, and it tends to rule the embedded world unless you are using a RTOS.

hasnt happened to me, its crashed maybe once or twice, but Winblows does too

>applet
Applets are an actual term you apply to certain classes of applications. It's like you're all to young to know wtf a java applet is.

I hated java applets
I remember being in a class where we were told it was gunna be THE FUTURE OF ALL APLICATIONS !!!

A real musician would write music on paper and record it analog in one take.

we know you're just going to stick with windows, buddy

no need to be dramatic about it

Back to your designated shitting street.

Attached: 1552648429396.png (602x1300, 1.18M)

uh huh
it’s never a mix of possibilities
it’s only black or white
autist

go rice your desktop chinny winny
then pee pee in the coke

To rekt you

There is literally nothing wrong with being Indian.

Wow you sure rekt me dude. Great job man.

silence, winbab

Attached: 1560620449691.jpg (395x401, 59K)

>software made by unpaid commie c u cks is worse than professionally made paid software
Wew, what a discovery!

>would you also complain that raw buffalo doesn't taste like burgers?
it probably tastes better, knowing the cheap processed garbage that goes into burgers

silence, linbab

Attached: 1560620449691.jpg (395x401, 100K)

Hoes mad lol nigger

Attached: F0E42635-F8F0-4168-8586-160BFD1B0DF7.jpg (1300x957, 93K)

t. macbab samefag

This

I use Linux on my home server and Windows on my desktop. Linux shills will always say that it's better than Windows. Well it is but only on server. Just install reinstall Windows or Mac and ignore all Linux good, proprietary bad threads. Linux is still a niche kernel and only good for certain workloads.

It's honestly gross that people slap Linux on embedded systems.

Nah it’s like a drier, gamier beef. Not terrible but it’s mostly a gimmick

Linux is a kernal, acktchually

nice thread very informative please keep it up user :-)

>darkroom
at least use rawtherapee faggot. also your photography sucks anyway and no software on earth will help you. so kys.

At least try to run linux once, retard.

Attached: cianigger.jpg (570x856, 66K)

dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/ribbing
>the act of laughing at someone in a friendly way as a joke
>Example: They gave him a ribbing about his accent.
all in good fun. bros rib eachother. i'd high five you now but i don't want poo on my hand

Yeah, no shit. Linux is literally middle school tier. I’m a PROUD itoddler

Libreoffice is awesome, even when I stilled used Microsoft I'd use libre office

I can do everything in GIMP I want

you're just dumb